Ranked PvP Season 13 Rewards

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

The dust will soon settle, as Season 13 of Ranked PvP is slated to end in February with Game Update 6.2.1! Only a few weeks are left, so get in those final matches while you can! If you would like to know more about this season's rating breakdown, rewards, and more, the article can be found here.

Edited by DanielSteed

IMO Bioware should ditch the current ranked system and find something else or remove ranked entirely. The few times I played were not enjoyable. Every single matched ended with someone ************ about how some else was playing.

if they removed ranked, you'd just have these players in unranked, and that would devolve into a bigger cesspool

if they removed ranked, you'd just have these players in unranked, and that would devolve into a bigger cesspool

We had no ranked at launch. The pre-season was like forever and noone bothered with it. I like the way they made rewards now cause if you want them you can just farm the PVP coms and you still get it. The only difference between you and a gold tier is the flair, nothing more.

remove ranked entirely. The few times I played were not enjoyable.

So because you didn't enjoy something, BW should remove it entirely? Please elaborate, why should the game revolve around you specifically? And why not around some other person that perhaps doesn't enjoy something you enjoy, so BW removes your favoured content entirely?

SR is a competitive game mode. But it should be made in a way as a progression to go to TR. BW kinda never got into this part very well. It actually ended that SR destroyed TR completely.

Yes I get it that playing without a heal and tank makes it important to use your DCD more wisely.

Some classes make all this easier (see Mercs), while some others Sins and Maras have very good escaping abilities.

The game mode is not perfect, heal with tank games can be a pain sometimes (especially if you have a dot DPS in your team which make billion of DPS and will not kill an insect in all the milky way).

Some even suggest to disallow heal and tanks que, and class stacking has been a problem since Arena's launched.

Heal alone is not a problem I actually like healer games. If the healers are kinda close in output and game vision. I actually 3 dps and heal is the most interesting mode in SR. More so if the healer has cleanse keybinded and knows how to use it. Heal and tanks together is painful sometimes, and challenging since FT and switching play an important role much to your DPS output.

Sometimes I would think that making SR a three player mode for all DPS games, making a global less likely, would solve some problems. Which is kind of the problem of most beginners.

People fail to understand that if 4 burst dps classes focus a target any1 that is (healers included) is dead in like 4/5 seconds. That is unless you and your team mates will put counter play in action.

This was my worst season ever, to be honest I do not really care. 30 so in loses thanks to DCs and the staying in que mode bug (in around November and December) which I actually did not know until I saw note that they fixed it.

I still had some great games, which is all that matters.

I still think a good tight game in Objective based WZ is always better to any SR. But I still like the challenge of SR so I try to find the balance in all this.

After 400 games I would add the following.

For me whatever the ranking says the top player of DM had to be Kelly a Sorc which always plays and never **** talks anyone. I also won a few games 2 vs 3 with him which where quite nice.

Another worth mention is Keliduzak.

How about giving bronze to characters with 100 wins but keep floating around 1100's because of rigged and unfair first 10 matches, some of my characters suffered from that happening but still contribute a lot more to the matches/matchmaking than the folks with lucky first 10 matches then play to 20 wins and stop playing.