ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

66 pages, 90%QQ.

The games release is the 20th. If you get any early access it's a bonus. "UPTO 5 DAYS" The important part is the "upto", that does not mean "you will get 5 days".

You get in when you get in. Yes we're impatient, yes we want to play but honestly, go chill, do work, sleep or whatever. It's a bonus, live with it.

Personally I'd prefer a game that loads the server fine, hasn't got a zone strangulated with too many players fighting over the same mobs and items. So some people get more early access time than I, yea I'm happy for them but I'll get more time than someone who just goes and picks up their copy on the 20th.

Grow up, do something more interesting instead and when the email pops up rejoice. So what if you lose 6hrs because you were asleep/at work, any bonus time you get to play is a bonus

Dear BW,

Long time customer, first time poster. In all my years of supporting and playing your games I have never been more confused by your actions then right now. First off, you have been holding onto our money for 6 months and yet to provide a service to us. So giving a statement like "That's about as specific as we're going to get right now." is a straight kick in the balls to all of your obvious loyal community so far. There are people that have taken off time from work for this. People that have not slept ect. At the very least you OWE them a bit more of an accurate timeline. Early access is a gift.... ok. Tell me that when I can finally log in and my mates are 10-20 levels higher then I am.

Secondly, you doing this in waves is actually an illogical move. You have no idea what sells will be like on launch come the 20th. You "could" end up with 10 times what the pre-sales have been. So because you are taking us in on waves.... doesn't test your over all capability. With that being said, we expect server crashes and stuff on early access. This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

Thirdly, just because I want to throw this in there. *** were you thinking going with EA. FAIL FAIL FAIL... the dumb *** that decided that needs to be fired. This is the LAST game I will ever purchase with EA.

Sincerely,

Confused and unhappy BW customer.

You apparently have no idea what kind of metrics they get in an average load-per-user report, do you.

Nor do you have any idea how that scales to a production environment. Of course they don't know exactly how many people are going to go out and buy the game at launch, but they'll sure as **** know how many physical blades its going to take to support X number of users so they can plan their infrastructure rollout and response for launch day.

Stop assuming you know everything. These guys have a hell of a difficult month or two ahead of them, they will likely be working 14+ hour days every day until well after Christmas to provide YOU with a great playing experience. YOU are getting the opportunity to play this game FOR F R E E for an undisclosed amount of time while they trickle people onto the servers and monitor real-world usage load, which, btw is very different from beta load. Different client, different types of players.

You're ************ because you don't like the free **** you got, and don't understand why you couldn't get more free ****.

GO PLAY KINECTIMALS AND LEAVE BW ALONE.

Thirdly, just because I want to throw this in there. *** were you thinking going with EA. FAIL FAIL FAIL... the dumb *** that decided that needs to be fired. This is the LAST game I will ever purchase with EA.

Agree on that one don't like EA either, but I guess they needed some finacial support. And EA is one of the biggest publishers out there. This is another reason why this game won't appear on MAC.

Dear BW,

Long time customer, first time poster. In all my years of supporting and playing your games I have never been more confused by your actions then right now. First off, you have been holding onto our money for 6 months and yet to provide a service to us. So giving a statement like "That's about as specific as we're going to get right now." is a straight kick in the balls to all of your obvious loyal community so far. There are people that have taken off time from work for this. People that have not slept ect. At the very least you OWE them a bit more of an accurate timeline. Early access is a gift.... ok. Tell me that when I can finally log in and my mates are 10-20 levels higher then I am.

Secondly, you doing this in waves is actually an illogical move. You have no idea what sells will be like on launch come the 20th. You "could" end up with 10 times what the pre-sales have been. So because you are taking us in on waves.... doesn't test your over all capability. With that being said, we expect server crashes and stuff on early access. This is the final chance for you to test server stability and your pissing all over the opportunity while at the same time on us.

Sincerely,

Confused and unhappy BW customer.

*nod* ... Agreed

Origin is bound to be swamped right now so it is going to take a while to contact them. Use the on-line chat feature instead. You will wait quite a while but you can browse and do other things while you wait. Type up your question/problems in Notepad and paste it into the chat window as soon as the CS rep starts with you.

Not trying to fanboui about Origin/EA here (their website certainly leaves lots to be desired) but their CS reps can hook you up and confirm everything for you.

Remember that if you just bought the game there may be a delay for when you can successfully enter your code. I kept getting kicked back to the main page every time I entered my code - this happened for an hour then it finally worked.

I'd love to use the online chat feature. But there are apparently no experts available. I suspect it's something to do with me being from the UK. I'm not trying to be an arse or get at bioware or anything, I just want to know how to cancel my preorder with origin so i can order off amazon and at least be sure that i'll be able to play come the 20th...

Nobody should expect that... the surge will be huge, and they need to spread things out so there aren't 1000+ people trying to run around on each starter planet concurrently.

These worlds consist of a large cluster of very expensive servers each, and they need to make good use of that hardware, spreading player levels over time to help balance that load across all planets on each world (and the whole cluster of servers for that world). If they have 2 million pre-orders and wanted to allow everyone to rush the gates all at once, they'd probably need like 500 worlds (not 107). Then, post-launch, they'd have massive server mergers once the excitement died down (because once players spread out past the starting planets, each of those worlds would feel too empty).

Kudos to them for spreading things out, hopefully keeping the launch smooth. I don't expect to get in until maybe Saturday, but that's OK. My kids won't be joining me until Tuesday ;).

Khafar

thousands of people running around starter areas would never happen.

unfortunately the game is sharded (shudders) so you could be on tython 332 while im on tython 551.

everyone in europe that preordered from an eu vendor already has their box......

That's ********, as all the retailers (Gamestop, Spaceworld, etc) here in Oslo, Norway got an email from EA this morning that they are NOT ALLOWED to sell their retail copies before the 15th of december!

got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?

Read the text at the top, my friend.

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access.

The code that it refers to is of the full retail version and not the early access/pre-order code.