So could we have a romancable male Force-user (after all those years)?

Axcalion

Indeed, a pity Scourge wasn't romancable. Also, most male companions including Theron and Koth would have been tossed out fo the airlock or force lightninged to death if I was allowed to do that. I also really liked Draahg, it was very unfortunate I couldn't make him defect.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't romancable. And he is a failed jedi and doesn't use lightsaber anymore. Besides, he is a fish so you can't kiss him.

Except Gus is now known as "Shiny Jedi Man" in 4.0 and is on Nar Shaddaa. He will use his lightsaber when he becomes a companion at some point in the future. Most likely through an alert.

I would love a male romanceable Force User. Preferably someone with authority, and a mega awesome voice. Like Marr. :D

Or Vowrawn. My Sorc would love Vowrawn.

Ravage?

Definitly Marr and Vowrawn.

Jadus had an ungodly sexy voice but he was kinda.. crazy... that voice though...

Although its no different liking crazy Jadus then all the guys drooling over Vaylin, and shes more nutso/homicidal then Jadus, Dark Side Jaesa, Kaliyo, and Scorpio combined...

Ravage i guess would work, better than Andronikos "Scrawny Mike Tyson" Revel... cmon Bioware, if you want to give us a tatted brother to cuddle, at least make him attractive...

Heres a nice reference :p

But yeah, Marr, Vowrawn, Scourge... gimme! :D

Bioware enjoys going "LoLTrooooooooool" to female gamers romancewise...

Let me point you to Baldurs Gate 2 and Anomen Delryn... cringeworthy doesnt even begin to describe it...

Kaiden in Mass Effect who dumps you in the beginning if ME2, oh and lets not forget Jacob from Mass Effect 2, who cheats on you in ME3 and gets her pregnant...

Even in KOTFE they show the favoritism in regards to making you wait til pretty much chapter 9 to get Theron back, but Lana is there right away...

Ugh Koth, he is the swtor version of a Nazi sympathizer... "I dont care that Valkorian killed billions of your people, they werent -my- people after all..." ugh G.T.F.O.... :mad:

Edited by XiamaraSimi

We do have one in

Theron Shan

That character isn't a spoiler, nor is he Force Sensitive. Despite his mother being a Jedi he has no Force abilities. It's mentioned multiple times throughout Forged Alliance and Shadow of Revan by himself and others that he can't use the Force.

His character was intentionally designed with that "quirk" of not being Force Sensitive, ie the child of a Jedi Grand Master isn't some amazing force user but instead more of a Han Solo type.

My femme inquisitor is very happy with Andronikos.... his voice is pure seksiness.

That aside I absolutely agree with the profound disappointment that my Sith Pureblood Jedi Guardian couldn't even try to flirt with Scourge. I mean, really? I'm stuck with "Doc" (who I dumped when he started talking marriage - you're a fling buddy, not marriage material!)... blah.

Andronikos is some savage hoodlum who barged into my ship without my permission. My Sith Sorceress, a Dark Councillor and self-proclaimed leader of the Sith, an extremely powerful being, will not take some dirty pirate as a partner, who isn't even handsome. She will not take any less than a Dark Lord of the Sith or a Jedi Master, or perhaps another powerful Force-sensitive. And not only that, but he needs to be human too, good-looking, and not scrawny (must be body type 3).

Until that happens she'll be single until pigs fly (as EA continues the trend of sexism and bad writing of companions).

And you can't make Guss romancable, he's a fish!

Edited by Axcalion

Preferably a human, and a good-looking one, body type 3 (all male romancable companions are body type 2).

Then my female alts will finally have a partner, seriously I can't make them all lesbian.

Maybe Darth Marr had a son ? Body type 3, good looking, force user? C'mon Bioware!!!

They just need to make Guss Tuno romanceable and you're all set.

Only if it comes with a Nautolan customization. I don't mind a funny Jedi wannabe romantic option. It could be cool in a Kit Fisto that did not happen sort of way.

I am still more interested in the vanilla dashing Jedi or dangerous Sith Lord, preferably a handsome alien. Give me trite and cliché, for the sake of all that is holy. It's Star Wars.

Would also vote for BT3, but much experimentation shows that the heads do not scale attractively for it. So, I am Okay with BT2.

Edited by DomiSotto

That character isn't a spoiler, nor is he Force Sensitive. Despite his mother being a Jedi he has no Force abilities. It's mentioned multiple times throughout Forged Alliance and Shadow of Revan by himself and others that he can't use the Force.

His character was intentionally designed with that "quirk" of not being Force Sensitive, ie the child of a Jedi Grand Master isn't some amazing force user but instead more of a Han Solo type.

He isn't the first in his line that has that quirk. Revan and Bastilla's son was the same way...

...and HIS kids were incredibly strong in the Force. So, sorta stands to reason that his kids will be rather strong Force Sensitives.

That being said, there needs to be at least a Sith male romance character somewhere. One that can be influenced (maybe not to the extreme Jaensa is) for both the ladies and the shay'a'chern.

My femme inquisitor is very happy with Andronikos.... his voice is pure seksiness.

But Andro's voice (Steve Blum) is basically every other voice in the game. Baron Deathmark, Bounty Droid, etc. Makes Andro's voice less unique. Steve Blum has literally voiced a character in every update SWTOR has had that ads new VO.

That aside I absolutely agree with the profound disappointment that my Sith Pureblood Jedi Guardian couldn't even try to flirt with Scourge. I mean, really? I'm stuck with "Doc" (who I dumped when he started talking marriage - you're a fling buddy, not marriage material!)... blah.

Your race doesn't really have any factor on the story though. It's pretty much cosmetic. I mean I think there's only a dozen lines total in the game where your character's race can be acknowledged.

Only if it comes with a Nautolan customization. I don't mind a funny Jedi wannabe romantic option. It could be cool in a Kit Fisto that did not happen sort of way.

I am still more interested in the vanilla dashing Jedi or dangerous Sith Lord, preferably a handsome alien. Give me trite and cliché, for the sake of all that is holy. It's Star Wars.

Would also vote for BT3, but much experimentation shows that the heads do not scale attractively for it. So, I am Okay with BT2.

While not male we at least do have a Nautolan companion now with Veerona, who is a Sith.

Yes, I saw it and my exact thought was: "Of course it is a female. What else is new. Pah." Never an interesting male character like that. Always a female. Males can romance almost every alien species in the game and every padawan and apprentice they come across. Females got Aric.

Ah, whatever. BioWARE is BioWARE. We'll never get it.

Edited by DomiSotto

I would just like to point out that, as a matter of fact, there actually is a male force user with flirt options: Cythrat on Makeb. He doesn't like the ladies much, but technically, he is a male force user that can be flirted with :D

Only on a male PC. This only highlights the issue of the female characters having much less romantic options than the male ones. It's one little extra for a male PC, one more omission of the female ones in that department. Not as bad as the IA switcheroo in blatant preference of a male PC over a female (ONE line of voiced dialogue, just ONE LINE and BioWARE saved their credits on it!), but still.

It does not address the issue of the female characters not having any male FU romantic options.

You can also flirt once as a female PC with Darth Arkous.

Edited by DomiSotto

Indeed, females have horrible romance options. Not even one romancable male Force-user, while males have five.

And besides, Cytharat isn't even good-looking, so I let him die at least four times already.

And body type 3 has head 6 (which is the only attractive one), head 2 can also be attractive, if you choose the right hair choice (look up Lord Draahg as an example).

Seriously if Bioware gives us one more female Force-user, I'll sent a complaint letter.

Well yes there quite a number of women force users but there all unique for example the JK romance option likes to be one with the force time and time and time again. I am surprised nobody noticed that.

The SW option also likes to be one with the force but also kills the ones she was one with the force with so yeah unique.

The SI option lets say you have to teach her but you can teach her your way.

The JC option is the same as above but more innocent so its got a flavor.

The agent has one also but she just likes to climb up the ranks.

And it seems I might get in trouble now.

Actually what we have are:

-A traitorous suck-up and social climber who's put all his money against you surviving

-A commitment phobic pirate with a parade of unfinished business and dropped contracts following him

-A womanizing doctor with a savior complex and frequent flyer miles at every strip joint from the core to the outer rim

-A soldier with a discipline problem and a dead-end career who seems sane until you realize he's a weirdness magnet (including you)

-A nice enough diplomat if you don't mind sharing him with 4 billion of his closest friends (and NEVER getting the security deposit back on your apartment because bedbugs, chair bugs, table bugs, bugs bugs bugs!)

-A space cowboy who's never been off the farm but is still a part-time drug mule and who talks to his ordinance

-A meat head with a psychotic streak and something to prove

-A cat who, while sane enough, still presents a serious ethical breach as your direct report on the chain of command

-And a nice Mandalorian boy who can't use pronouns, but who really likes toast. And who may or may not have Daddy Issues.

On the whole, not exactly a Parade of Sanity here. But the gents fare little better. You can choose from:

-Your student, who's only periodically possessed by a crusty old immortal geezer and made to do terrible things

-A pirate princess who's more mercenary than you and is trying to start a coup

-A mercenary with anger management issues who killed her last boyfriend

-A direct report in the chain of command who is both a turncoat (career-killer right there) and a stickler who insists on filling out the appropriate forms before every date (although in the grander scheme of things, is still quite safe to bring home to Mother)

-An underage, recently-orphaned untrained apprentice

-Your underage property (with or without the extra spice of a forced-consent collar)

-Your sheltered student who's never been let out in public for more than five minutes at a time (but only if you unlock her psychotic side)

-A backstabbing anarchist who's just as likely to end your dates by pimping you out or stabbing you as she is to give you a goodnight kiss

-A spy in training with an Electra complex and a trail of identity theft evidence in her wake

-A delusional apprentice, but first you have to teach her what a date is, then indulge her while she tilts at windmills, and all the time through, you're still tap-dancing and hoping she doesn't discover the bodies in your closet (or the ghosts of Grumpy Old Men in your head or what happened the last time you were in a Master-apprentice relationship)

But at least there's Mako. Nice, normal Mako. All six of her.

This is by far the best thing I've ever read on this entire forum.

I r ded now.

Died laughing

R.I.P in peace, me.

It does not address the issue of the female characters not having any male FU romantic options.

You can also flirt once as a female PC with Darth Arkous.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Sith on Alderaan who you meet in the SI class story. You could flirt with him as a female Inq :p Of course, the 'romance' was very brief and he died soon after, but still the option was there.

Though I'm all for more male Force-users as a romance, come on Bioware! :rolleyes: