Galactic Seasons Feedback

JackieKo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why list a few dozen others if they don't count?

Agreed. That is a stupid way of doing things but then again it is BW. It does the opposite of what they want. Instead of making me want to play more, it actually makes me want to play less.

Edited by casirabit

But those won't be today, if we've done what we can of what's pinned, correct?

Well if the weeklies were pinned, then you would in theory be able to, but since they are bugged such that they either are not selected or not pinned atm, 6 is the most you can get in a day at the moment from POs in a reasonable time frame. So it will take at least 2 days to get to level 1 of Galactic Seasons atm.

I received the exact same 'pinned' missions as yesterday. I was able to complete three total between yesterday and today. So I got my Kubaz and Shadowlight which is cool.

Kubaz

- I accidentally unlocked him on a character who had not finished onslaught and since I don't have 1 CC on PTS I can not unlock him to try the quest on other characters :(

- He does not say anything when you right-click him when summoned

- He does not say anything when summoned/dismissed

- When I first got him, I got the holocommunicator which said 'when you encounter him on your journeys' but I didn't know when that meant or where at first (I ASSUME it means your alerts after onslaught story)

Shadowlight mount

- I like it a lot. Really pretty.

- The engine noise suddenly stops when i am parked after a few seconds. It's a bit jarring.

Then why list a few dozen others if they don't count?

To anyone confused about it, it literally says in the original post: In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

So everything aside from the 2 sticky objectives is for us to judge as potentials, that's it.

I ran into this odd bug as well. What worked for me was to pop to my stronghold and back, then the counter resumed properly. Happened on two of the four worlds I rampaged.

Happened to me on CZ-198.

I think going to your SH, or using quick travel, will both work.

Needs to be fixed before release.

I found the page pretty easily, but I read where it was. If I hadn't know in advance, I wouldn't have found it in a timely manner.

The PO missions need to be separate from the conquest missions.

I know someone else already posted this, but I agree wholeheartedly.

Also, I didn't see anything differentiating daily PO missions from Weekly PO missions.

If there is such a distinction, in the "mission log" (among the conquest objectives) please label them as such...label them clearly please.

In general, one big problem I see is people going to do the rampages in the middle of story quest zones.

I did Makeb. No one was on PTS, no one was on Makeb, but on live there are usually a fair number of people there and we are going to be tripping over each other trying to do these rampages.

CZ-198 (a favorite of mine) is also going to be a problem. Most people don't realize the "rats" in the sewer count for the kill count and you can reset the phase over and over again.

Readjusting the amount of people per phase....downward....to 20 before a new phase is generated, would go a LONG way to helping alleviate that problem.

Not sure if that can be accomplished easily (I'm not a programmer).

I just got 9 points. Some feedback specific to today's testing:

There was no indication that

• I saw that there were any Galactic Seasons rewards to claim. Only reason I knew to claim them is because I was specifically keeping track of my points.
  • As someone else mentioned previously, when you claim the items, the button doesn't update from claim to claimed unless you exit the menu first
  • Altuur's Alliance Alert did not unlock when I used the Ornate Kubazian Box. I'm not sure if this is intentional and is supposed to be hiding th

e recruitment mission in the same way that the lack of solo-story on the FP is hiding the story, but if we are supposed to get it, it did not work on my character (who is currently just before Echoes of Eternity.

Additionally, I once again got the same two daily (and no weekly) POs. I wonder if it is just that the daily POs are being rolled for weekly by mistake. XD

- I accidentally unlocked him on a character who had not finished onslaught and since I don't have 1 CC on PTS I can not unlock him to try the quest on other characters :(

- He does not say anything when you right-click him when summoned

- He does not say anything when summoned/dismissed

- When I first got him, I got the holocommunicator which said 'when you encounter him on your journeys' but I didn't know when that meant or where at first (I ASSUME it means your alerts after onslaught story)

I claimed him on a character who was past Onslaught and did not get the Alliance Alert. Either he requires you to have fully completed the story so far, the mission is disabled for PTS, or it is bugged. I think the no right click thing is intentional. Weird about the summon/dismiss though though because he did make rubber ducky noises when I did both of those.

In general, one big problem I see is people going to do the rampages in the middle of story quest zones.

I did Makeb. No one was on PTS, no one was on Makeb, but on live there are usually a fair number of people there and we are going to be tripping over each other trying to do these rampages.

CZ-198 (a favorite of mine) is also going to be a problem. Most people don't realize the "rats" in the sewer count for the kill count and you can reset the phase over and over again.

Readjusting the amount of people per phase....downward....to 20 before a new phase is generated, would go a LONG way to helping alleviate that problem.

Not sure if that can be accomplished easily (I'm not a programmer).

Each person gets random POs, so there will not be swarms of locusts descending upon a single local to consume all the mobs there.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

I purposefully logged into a level 10 toon today (as the first toon today that I logged in) to see if the daily got tailored to my toon.

I got a Rishi kill fest for the daily.

Rishi does not bolster. What if I didn't have any toons capable of going to Rishi yet?

The daily should be tuned to who logs in what.

The problem with doing so, of course, is everyone could be lazy and log into toons in which POs tailored for a specific level because they're easy to clear, as well as everyone crawling on top of each other on Hutta or Tython or other starter planets until they grow out of those areas.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I just got 9 points. Some feedback specific to today's testing:

There was no indication that

[*]I saw that there were any Galactic Seasons rewards to claim. Only reason I knew to claim them is because I was specifically keeping track of my points.

Having read your post before I hit 9 points, I carefully watched each message on the screen, and you're right. I got every notice in the world except one telling me that I had a GS calendar item to unlock. Needs to be one.

In claiming an event calendar item, I could repeatedly click on the Claim button without any apparent effect until I closed the window and then it updated (disabled and listing as Claimed) when I went back to it.

1. The interface needs to update on the first click

2. A message needs to appear something akin to "Check your inventory for items"

I should have claimed alturr while my personal inventory was full to see what would have happened.

Edited by xordevoreaux

To anyone confused about it, it literally says in the original post: In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

So everything aside from the 2 sticky objectives is for us to judge as potentials, that's it.

What you quoted doesn't clear up any of the confusion. It doesn't say anything about only the top stickied ones will give points and all the others will not.

Looking through the entire list of POs, I'd like to see these two removed:

PO: Avatar of Ruin - Defeat the Colossal Monolith

PO: Now That...Is an Insectoid... - Defeat Kil'Cik the Swarm Lord

People still don't know how to do the Colossal Monolith and, even though this season is kinda bug based, you need too large of a group for Kil'Cik and nobody wants to do the WBs on Ossus. Yes, it may change once people get this as a daily but it's still a real pain putting a group together for it.

Also, two of the three single boss Ops are listed. Why no TC (I'm pretty sure I know why but why not include it anyway)?

PO: Valuable Connections seems to be out of place with everything else listed (unless this will be a weekly objective). Doing three GF / WZs takes a ton more time than everything else listed as a PO.

The Galactic Seasons mechanic seems fine overall, if still very rough around the edges and a little confusing at the moment, but I generally like what I'm seeing. I especially loved the small detail of seeing the sub reward companions hanging out together in the new Galactic Seasons vendor area like they are old pals.

There is one glaring issue that sticks out like a sore thumb though and I pray that you will not ignore it now when you can still plan ahead. If you truly intend to merge some of the priority objectives with the "Defeat Enemies" Conquest objectives, you have to decrease the respawn timer for all mobs and objectives to at least 30 seconds or even lower across the board. If you don't do this, I can guarantee you right now that you will have even more toxic behaviour than we currently have when masses of players are trying to farm the enemies for their Galactic Seasons objectives in addition to the already existing Conquest objectives and bonus mission rewards for quests and Heroics.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You need to look at the Heroic on Voss (especially). I got the Defeat Enemies yesterday and today and I know which two heroics work to complete the defeat enemies both part 1 and part 2 so I went to do it again today and in one of heroic none of the enemies were being counted for part 2. I rather do my defeat enemies in my heroics so it doesn't affect those doing the quests on the planet so that needs to be fixed.

I know that a lot of times the bonus (kill objectives) are only good on one character per week but that shouldn't make it not count on the defeat enemies so please fix.

[*]Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

Yes.

> Adding the page as a tab with the Login Rewards page made it easier to find.

> When clicking the Daily/Weekly objectives (check mark spots) and being sent to the PO page (cq page) was helpful.

> I liked the overall look and hope we'll get a bit lore description (instead of just the progress numbers) and art (instead of the black spot lol) for the GS there. Still, thinking bonus and being greedy here.

> Would suggest adding a link on that side page we usually get when we log (the one with login reward, mission log link, CM daily sale). There're 2 links to the login rewards so would be nice if 1 was for the GS page (sorry, kinda new so no idea how that side thing is called :D).

[*]Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes.

> As I said before, being able to click the Daily/Weekly checkmark area and being sent to the objectives was helpful.

> Did not like the POs mixed with the CQ objectives. Nothing game-breaking but kinda messy and bit confusing.

> Would be nice if POs/GS got their own tab near CQ.

[*]In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

I liked them.

> Particularly enjoyed the new additions, such as Galactic: Defeat Insectoids.

> However, I've found many of the POs are not working properly. They can be completed but are not counting as the daily, thus not awarding points.

> Only 2 of my POs so far counted as dailies, the Defeat Enemy 2 Taris and Corellia. For some reason, those two are not grouped up with the other POs; they keep top of CQ objectives no matter how I sort it. All others I tried, including the the insectoids ones (both the dailies and the weekly) did not count.

> Regardless, and again, I liked how they encompass many diverse areas of gameplay.

[*] How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

After reading David's post, and understanding (I think) the numbers, I believe it's not bad at all.

> There's a large breathing rom to miss objectives, which is not a bad thing.

> However, this may result in the GS losing becoming irrelevant too soon for more active players.

Taking the 150 days as base that would give around 20 weeks for GS 1. In that time SUBs could potentially make 1560 points and F2P 1040 (and now I realize David had the weekly count already in the post... all that math I did :D). Anyway, I understand that means we have ample time to reach the end and I like it. However, as I said, that also means GS will become irrelevant and almost half the points (sub case) will be wasted.

With that in mind, I'd like to suggest the possibility of adding a way to trade those points for rewards. I still don't know how many tokens we'll get - and do hope that reward isn't 1 token - but still doubt many would think more would be a problem. So, something like, every 30 extra points after reaching the 800 would award more tokens (yes, pushing for multiple here lol).

I think that would be a nice way to keep players engaged and performing the tasks even after they are done with the season and an incentive to F2P to subscribe since the amount of extra points is expressive.

[*]What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Not much for now.

> Only thing I can think of is [Tython: Defeat Enemies 2] isn't working. Not the PO, but the CQ objective itself. I get 1 fine but no matter how many I kill the 2 count doesn't go up.

> Took screenshots of the ones not working. If needed, pm me.

Please answer the following questions:

Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

Yes. That wasn't hard. However the progress bar is odd. I'm currently at 21/800 points and I've collected level 1 and 2 rewards. But there is a progress bar just below the levels that shows me to be 12.5% through level 1?

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Eh? Mixing them in with Conquest objectives was very confusing. I think they need their own page.

Also, just what each one was is way too unclear. I had no idea which are daily and weekly objectives. Or which objectives actually count. The two at the top are the only ones that seemed to give me 'daily' points. For instance, I killed 75 enemies on Alderaan for PO Coreward Neutralization, but got no points. Only Tatooine and Corellia kills are giving me galactic seasons points

Also, there was no way to know which were weekly objectives. Though apparently killing 200 insectoids counted as that and gave me 12 points.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

This may be okay? Still a little confused by daily versus weekly. Also what will be offered when not killing insectoids.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

Seems pretty easy to accomplish with regular play

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Make it much clearer what the objectives are, and how many points they will grant, if any.

Please answer the following questions:

Yes - with a little bit of poking around

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

A separate page would be nice - a drop down that sorts by them specifically would work too I suppose (sorting by type doesn't work well)

I noticed that things aren't incrementing well/correctly. Hutta Enemies 2 was stuck at 0/50 for quite awhile (a logout/login fixed this) Korriban Enemies 2 was stuck as well - logout/login fixed. Taris had no problem moving from Enemies 1 to Enemies 2.

Tatooine Insectoids with Altuur 0/75 increments while solo and with other companions (I don't have Altuur)

Inquisitor with Xalek, Khem, and Ashara

Picked a PO at random Voss Insectoids 0/1. Killed 3 Shaclaws inside one of the heroics there and nothing showed.

Checked the list further and there is a Galactic Insectoid PO as well 0/200 with 4 different targets available. Killiks, Shaclaws, Colicoids, Geonosians. Again, nothing incremented with just the 3 I killed. It increments one for one with open world Geonosians on Tatooine.

Started the next day with 6/800

completed PO Coreward Neutralization (Alderaan Enemies 2), PO Taking Sides (kill Alderaan Insectoids) and completed PO Its Nothing Personal (kill 200 insectoids) [2 dailies and a weekly (I think)]

still only have 6/800 after logout/login and a game restart. Not really sure how to get things jump started but its a bit frustrating. The daily and weekly "monitor" isnt incrementing either (no check marks).

• Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

It took a bit of looking, I didn't realize that a tab was added to login rewards at first.

• Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes, I felt these were pretty obvious.

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

I am not sure why they are on the conquest screen, they don't currently seem to be conquest objectives as well, are they going to be added to conquest later? If not I think they should have another tab on the Login Rewards window.

• How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

It's not easy to tell at this point, at first glance it seems reasonable.

• What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

The UI isn't real consistent with the rest of the game UI. The most similar window to the Login Reward windows is the Quest Log/Conquest window, and just opening both and having them near each other, the higher quality of the older UI is very evident. It would be nice to see more consistency of look and smoothness of graphical elements.

Quite easily, not that hard and most people claiming login rewards should stumble onto it as its a new tab on the same page.

Easily as they came up at the top of my conquest, itd be nicer if it was highlighted in a different colour like Gold or Orange or something.

Dailies list seemed easy and fine, not too time consuming but not difficult either.

Seems fine so far.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

The rewards for getting to higher tiers which requires more constant daily gameplay.

Also theres no big prize for getting to the end. Perhaps adding a flair or character title for getting to tier 100 would be good each season.

I drafted a rough "flair" that could be given for hitting tier 100. Imgur Link

Either that or a baggie/lockbox of maybe like 5-10 Galactic Seasons tokens for getting to the very end. The PTS battlepass contains only 12, thats barely enough to buy even a small portion of the rewards provided and not even enough to get both strongholds.

Agreed, I really like the idea of a flair and of more currency. If these items are gonna rotate, I might as well be able to buy a good chunk of them before I don't see them for a long while.

I had no issues finding it. I instinctively clicked on the login rewards tick thingy in the social menu and found the Galactic Seasons tab there.

All too easy.

From what I've skimmed, there seems to be quite a variety of objectives suited to all playstyles. Players who already do a variety of conquest objectives should have little issue with levelling galactic seasons.

Based on rough math, players who log in regularly should not have any issue getting to level 100 regardless of their content preferences or how they play the game. Obviously, the more variety of gameplay a player is willing to participate in, the faster they will level through this system. Players who do not like to participate in certain types of content, however, should still be able to adequately level through this system within the prescribed amount of time.

When you consider that players will have 5 months (roughly 150 days) to gain 100 levels, this battle pass system is actually quite generous compared to other prominent examples. A player who logs in and completes all the daily objectives every day once Game Update 6.3 goes live (+ complete weekly objectives & bonus point gain) should get to level 100 in around 2 1/2 months. This is indeed very generous.

What other general feedback would you like to tell us?

Galactic Seasons is looking to be an excellent battle pass system comparable to those found in prominent games like Call of Duty or Fortnite. But perhaps could use a tweak or two.

TWEAK 1: Rewards for every single level - I do find it quite odd that there isn't a reward for every single level. Although the rewards could still be being finalised. So in that case, no worries!

TWEAK 2: Tokens - I am not a big fan of how few tokens we can earn. Subscribers can only earn a total of 12 Tokens this season (it appears so far). Given that the total cost to buy every item on the vendor is 65 tokens, 12 Tokens a tad bit low. Yes, long time subscribers like myself will already have most of the items. But, there are a fair few new items to pick from. With my Tokens, I'll be able to get the Imp Fleet Penthouse Stronghold and choose from two of the new weapons. That's it. I won't even be able to consider getting any of the other new rewards on offer.

Despite these needed tweaks, the system is very well designed. Players who engage in this system have zero gameplay advantage over those who choose not to. It is simply a cosmetic fluff reward system which is exactly what it should be. The level skipping mechanic, again, offers no gameplay advantage for players who choose to use it. Therefore, it is not 'pay to win' even though cartel coins can be used. In fact, given the tie-in to conquest, it is ultimately detrimental for players who frequently play the game to skip levels as they are missing out on potential conquest points. (Obviously, for players who can't play the game for an extended period of time who want the rewards, skipping levels would be worth it).

Overall, I appreciate how easy it will be to participate in this system via in-game means. I really like that I'll be able to earn some nice cosmetic rewards simply by playing the game how I already do and by branching out more to other areas of the game I frequent less (if I want to level faster).

Hopefully, this system will be a stepping stone (post-6.3) to more engaging endgame content with substance the community craves and is anxious to hear more about.

Finally, a quick question, will we be able to directly preview the rewards from the Galactic Seasons Track? It's pretty annoying that we can't do so now, especially the decorations! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!

P.S. For anyone seeking clarification on the Galactic Seasons system, I have a Q&A guide on MMO Bits - https://mmobits.com/2021/03/20/swtor-galactic-seasons-overview/

Edited by Pandoras_Jar