ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thread ever.

So many people thinking that is their god-given right to be in the game right now.

Sheesh. I pre-ordered GT5 thinking it would be out in two weeks and it was not launched for another year. No early access or anything.

Just because you pre-ordered does not mean that you have a legal right to early access. They are doing it as a gift, a pleasant bonus. Just chill and wait for it.

if its a gift dont advertise it on retail sites as if your paying for it

Lame... I should have bought the early early game access but I only bought the somewhat early access. Disappointment has started for the game already. Can't just launch the game like everyone else. I PAID my money and I did it thinking that I could play at the start with everyone else.

I just hope my name is available cause that will be another disappointment.

No, in a week all the self entitled morons that are whining incessently will be plying the game. In a year it will be completely forgotten, just like WoWs terrible launch was.

1 year from now we can all read about how bad this launch was and wonder why noone is playing the game anymore

While patience is a virtue disorganization is not. I understand why BW/EA made the decision to roll out SWTOR early access as they have and frankly it is a good idea to do it this way in light of how many people are eager to play. This is shaping up to be the biggest launch in MMO history with so many pre-orders so I see how BW wanted to minimize the server congestion as well as the starter area congestion that was surely to follow.

However, the fashion in which this is being done leaves a lot to be desired.

I would have had no problem if, for example, the Collector's Edition purchasers were to have had early access immediately regardless of pre-order code input. Imo, if you are willing to pay $200 for a game then you are entitled to any and all perks you can get. I opted for the Digital Deluxe and I thought that alone was more expensive then a usual game purchase and more than enough for my wallet to handle.

I agree. I did a pretty late pre-order of the CE and was hoping that I could also go ahead a little in the EA queue. Seems not though :)

Why do some people find it necessary to come here and post replies belittling people voicing their disappointment or frustration with the way Bioware is handling this staggered launch? There've been people telling others to stop complaining, stop behaving like children, calling people spoiled, and so forth.

This game is a service that has been prepaid for in part and will be paid in full for those that stick with it (and monthly fees). People that are dissatisfied with this service have a right to voice their opinions. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with them, they are letting Bioware know they're dissatisfied with how they are handling this product they've paid money for.

Perhaps those complaining about the people who are complaining, should be the ones to stop behaving like children.

Not everyone is happy about the way Bioware is handling this prelaunch. Not everyone is happy with the lack of information and any reasonable timeline.

If you're happy, that's great; however, if you aren't happy with those who aren't happy and are voicing complaints...those people aren't providing a service that you paid for, and thus they aren't obligated to change their behavior to suit you.

I couldn't agree more Sir.

Just some people think they know it all and have to be right because as you said... They are the children.

I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. I assumed by the wording on the website that if I pre-ordered I would be able to play UP TO 5 days earlier if I wanted too... where the heck is my invite???

Pre order is a pre order, i'm shocked the company is so mis-leading in their product.

If I don't get in the next day or so, i'm cancelling because if this is anything to go by the companies behaviour then I for sure will not be playing the game.

Curious, since we're now SEVEN days prior to launch.

everything he just posted here about solely when people pre-ordered is BS 100%. I pre-ordered 11/28. my buddy pre-ordered 11/28. Same time. Same day as me. same edition as me. and he is IN. He is playing right now next to me. He was in wave 2.. So yeah.. explain that one Bioware......

Giving people who all ordered the same game a head start is cool. I love the idea. But give EVERYONE the same amount of time. You stress tested your servers in the last 3 or 4 betas. Let go and open the damn servers........

already upset customer.

Only problem I have with these 'waves' is the fight for names. I'll be honest, I want my real name as a character name and I'm sure I won't have it now that there's already two waves of players scattered and taking any 'popular' name possible. Maybe I'll get mine.

I think this was a good idea as far as server stability. But no brownie points for the way it's handled. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and honestly this is about the ONLY thing that's not exactly awesome about the game. Everything else is outstanding. I wish this would've been handled with a little more sympathy.

Everyone paid the same amount of money to play this game and ur choosing favorites. i happen to be a 8 year lucas art mmo customer but that doesnt matter all that matters is you told the world early access and instead gave the world false hope thatnks dev team for breaking my freakin heart this morning im freakin livid

No they did not.

Some of us (who were supposed to be at the theme parks, but who's car is now being towed to a garage.......) paid for Collector's editions, some paid for Digital Deluxe, etc etc.

I paid for the CE version, and I'm patiently awaiting my turn (registered on 7/24).

When I get it, I get it.

In the mean time, since I won't be riding roller coasters (but will be riding one hell of a repair bill :( ). I"m enjoying the comedy