3 Stronghold Ideas

fondles_you

• 3 months later...

I know this is way beyond "3 Stronghold Ideas" at this point but I have a couple more to throw out there and had fun coming up with.

Planet: ??? One of the planets the Eternal Empire bombarded.

Time of day: Early Evening

Map: A large island in the ocean far off the coast. A crumbling and burning city skyline is in one direction while the ocean is in every other direction.

The starting/spawning point is is an underground bunker with a large central room with three smaller rooms. When getting to the surface through unlockable elevator that goes up to a smaller bunker room where there are a flight of stairs that lead up to the island surface. The island doesn't have any trees so players can add whatever foliage they want without have it clash with the look of the other foliage unless intentionally done by the player. There are some rocks and flowers though. There is a mansion on one part of the island with several rooms. On the island shore that faces the coast, there are a few boats at a dock.

Planet ???

Time of Day: Midnight of a moonless night.

Map: A large map of a pine forest.

The player would spawn inside a large main room of a large two story house with a basement in the middle of the map. There are several medium and small sized rooms to unlock. Unlocking the front door will also unlock the back door and vise versa. The area immediately outside of the back door is a patio. A trail passes by the front of the house and goes from one end of the map to the other. The area surrounding the house is a pine forest. In the moonless night in the forest, a few ghosts will appear and disappear throughout the entire forest. When a ghost spawns, it is spawned in for several seconds before disappearing and not spawning back in for several minutes.

We have some planets with volcanos (Ord Mantell, Oricon, the HK-55 bonus chapter with the Shroud), but no Volcanic Strongholds.

Mustifar awaits. After all, Darth Vader's Stronghold has to have misty origins back in the day - and we are Back in the day. Plus this would be a chance for some really Dark-Side themed SHs!!!

:D

• 1 month later...
I'd like to shop where Kaliyo got her decos! :jawa_biggrin:

I can give you a partial list of Decos that resemble what is in Kaliyo's apartment. It's not going to be perfect as some are not yet in existence. Things like a Framed Graffiti Art.... that would be nice, but they do have the straight Grafftti as a deco.

Exact or Nearly Exact matches:

Office Chair - CM/ GTN

Executive Shrub

Cantina Bar - CM/ GTN

Cantina Shelves - CM/ GTN

Cantina Stools - Prefab Droid

Art: Green Rectangles (hers is blue, but this is close) - CZ-198 Rep Vendor

Zakuulan Rug or Zakuulan Military Rug - Bundle/ Loot Crate/ GTN

Firebrand Grafitti - CM / GTN

Approximate Matches or Possible Alernatives

(Some of the ferns, tables, and shelves have no matches)

Any of the Topiaries or Plants available at the Cartel Cert Deco on Fleet.

Manaan Fern - Manaan Research Data (this one is in Zakuulan buildings in the expacs)

Table: Any Oval. Czerka Table or Zakuulan Table

Zakuulan Shelves - CM/ GTN

Any Small light sconce. Octagonal Light (Vendor), Republic Wall Sconce (CM), Gree Light (Blue) (fits color theme), Underworld Light (prefab), or just be inventive. You don't have to use a wall sconce and not all wall sconces emit light.

Abstract Art: Lines

I couldn't make out the overhead light in the screenshot I took but there are possibilities such as:

Czerka Ceiling Light

Zakuulan Chandelier

If you had the CC then if you didn't have the Zakuulan Deco Bundle, several of these items are in it and would be very useful for recreating her appartment. In lieu of the art I mentioned above you can use any Anniversary Art from the Anniversary Vendor (coming up soon in game), or any of the Arcelin Masterpieces. Some of the other Achievement or Rep Decos that are Art (like from the Gree Event or Bounty Brokers) is also good to use.

Best wishes!

Note: I only had ONE screenshot of her apartment saved so I couldnt' get all of it listed. I'm working on various FPs and locations to identify decos in each one in my Discord Server for my Decorating Guild.

• 4 weeks later...

There are many planets I would love to see strongholds.

Hoth

Korriban

Tython

Asteroid base

Space Station

Terminus/Thrata Class ships

But most importantly I think we just need strongholds where the decorations provided make sense. There are a great many decorations that look wonderful, but clash and feel out of place in every available stronghold, and some that would look great in the available strongholds but there isn't a hook in a spot where it would make sense to have it placed. Also adding more levels to guild flagships or adding a smaller vessel to travel to would be awesome ( see terminus/Thranta idea above)

I'd still like them to make a basic zoo / garage / display case. That is, a basic open layout area where you can just display your collection of mounts and/or pets or other 'collectables', without any consideration of 'living' spaces.

Essentially just an open fenced-in 'zoo' and/or a large warehouse.

I'd still like them to make a basic zoo / garage / display case. That is, a basic open layout area where you can just display your collection of mounts and/or pets or other 'collectables', without any consideration of 'living' spaces.

Essentially just an open fenced-in 'zoo' and/or a large warehouse.

I use the Coruscant garage for that. It's a bit cluttered...

I use the Coruscant garage for that. It's a bit cluttered...

I currently use the entire Yavin 4 for pets and mounts. It's nearly full, and running out of 'floor' space. 🤔

The Coruscant garage would barely hold my pets. 😁

Edited by JediQuaker

• 1 month later...

There are dozens of stronghold idea threads so I was thinking which one to post on but this seems like the most recent. So I'll go with this one.

I'm up for any stronghold because I love the concept of having houses across the galaxy. The more bases we have the better. So I'm up for any idea but in my post I'll explain a few one's I'd like to see the MOST. But first let's review the 11 strongholds we already have: Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Yavin 4, Manaan, Umbara, Rishi, Alderaan, Carrik Station and Vaikin Station. Anyway my list is:

1. Hoth.

I think we need a snowy/icy planet stronghold. And it's not exactly Alderaan because that wasn't like Hoth. That had a palace, some snow and lots of grass. Hoth would be completely whited out. So I don't really consider the Alderaan palace to be a snow stronghold. Plus I don't think Hoth would be a palace realistically. Alderaan was all about that hierarchy. I picture Hoth to be more of a base. Maybe like an abandoned bunker like echo base. So I think they would be 2 completely different ideas. Hoth wouldn't be just another snow stronghold. Plus Hoth is a historic Star Wars planet. So it's special not just another useless planet but, Hoth would actually be important. So I definitely think we need a Hoth Stronghold.

3. Zakuul.

From what I heard the Zakuul Palace stronghold was in the works. So I definitely think they should finish this one up. Considering they are still working on it, which isn't likely. There's been numerous swtor threads about a Zakuul stronghold and I have other sources too (ex: a lot of reddit post about it, etc). So I could be mistaken but I thought they started to make one. Additionally it wouldn't be brand new because they have stuff to work from. The Zakuul palace could be like Kayilo's apartment from chapter 10 Anarchy in Paradise. Or if they wanted to make it bigger they could use Vaylin's palace from chapter 6 The Dragons Maw. So they don't have to start from scratch but, I think they should make something like that for us players. A Zakuul stronghold.

3. Asteroid Lot

My last idea is an Asteroid stronghold. This wouldn't be too far fetched because previous Star Wars games had Asteroid houses. It would be something like the Asteroid Lot from Clone Wars Adventures. If you don't know what I mean here's a link...

https://cwa.fandom.com/wiki/Asteroid_Lot

So it could be a base on/inside of an asteroid.

These are just 3 ideas for new strongholds. I'm up for anything new but these are just some more possibilities to work with.

1. Destroyer

This would be a Stronghold similar in theme to the guild flagships, but instead of a huge Dreadnought, we'd get smaller Destroyers. Conquest flagship expansions would be used to expand the ship, providing an alternate incentive to complete conquest.

2. Finishing Manaan

The Manaan SH reveal had rooms the release version does not. Take those assets and finish Manaan.

3. A large open field

A Stronghold that is less about the buildings and more of an environment that will allow us to use more of these very large decorations that they keep making.

• 4 weeks later...

Here me out on this one:

Disney's Galactic Starcruiser ship design...at least the exterior design of it. The inside of this personal starcruiser has numerous rooms of various sizes, most have a window or windows to see the empty void of space and effects to make it look like the starcruiser is travelling through space. There would be a few different levels on the ship as well that can be accessed with stairs and/or an elevator. There would be a hangar on each side of the ship, each one having a starship hook and one of these hangars is the default spawn point. Even though Disney's Galactic Starcruiser is nothing but a money grabbing scam, I thought the exterior concept art was nice and ran with that.

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/2019/08/23/star_wars_galactic_starcruiser.jpg

Edited by fondles_you

• 4 weeks later...

A short of personal capital ship would be definitely awsome. We could even have 1 for each faction, like:

For empire, the Terminus-class destroyer:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Terminus-class_destroyer?file=Marr_ship.png

For republic, the Hammerhead corvette:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sphyrna-class_Hammerhead_corvette?file=Hammerhead_Corvette_USWNE.png

Obviously these are just examples of in-game already ships but many options would be cool.

Edited by Soulsilvery

• 3 weeks later...
There are dozens of stronghold idea threads so I was thinking which one to post on but this seems like the most recent. So I'll go with this one.

I'm up for any stronghold because I love the concept of having houses across the galaxy. The more bases we have the better. So I'm up for any idea but in my post I'll explain a few one's I'd like to see the MOST. But first let's review the 11 strongholds we already have: Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Yavin 4, Manaan, Umbara, Rishi, Alderaan, Carrik Station and Vaikin Station. Anyway my list is:

1. Hoth.

I think we need a snowy/icy planet stronghold. And it's not exactly Alderaan because that wasn't like Hoth. That had a palace, some snow and lots of grass. Hoth would be completely whited out. So I don't really consider the Alderaan palace to be a snow stronghold. Plus I don't think Hoth would be a palace realistically. Alderaan was all about that hierarchy. I picture Hoth to be more of a base. Maybe like an abandoned bunker like echo base. So I think they would be 2 completely different ideas. Hoth wouldn't be just another snow stronghold. Plus Hoth is a historic Star Wars planet. So it's special not just another useless planet but, Hoth would actually be important. So I definitely think we need a Hoth Stronghold.

3. Zakuul.

From what I heard the Zakuul Palace stronghold was in the works. So I definitely think they should finish this one up. Considering they are still working on it, which isn't likely. There's been numerous swtor threads about a Zakuul stronghold and I have other sources too (ex: a lot of reddit post about it, etc). So I could be mistaken but I thought they started to make one. Additionally it wouldn't be brand new because they have stuff to work from. The Zakuul palace could be like Kayilo's apartment from chapter 10 Anarchy in Paradise. Or if they wanted to make it bigger they could use Vaylin's palace from chapter 6 The Dragons Maw. So they don't have to start from scratch but, I think they should make something like that for us players. A Zakuul stronghold.

3. Asteroid Lot

My last idea is an Asteroid stronghold. This wouldn't be too far fetched because previous Star Wars games had Asteroid houses. It would be something like the Asteroid Lot from Clone Wars Adventures. If you don't know what I mean here's a link...

https://cwa.fandom.com/wiki/Asteroid_Lot

So it could be a base on/inside of an asteroid.

These are just 3 ideas for new strongholds. I'm up for anything new but these are just some more possibilities to work with.

Been waiting for a zakuul stronghold for a long time. I definitely want something bigger than kaliyo's apartment though. Just seems odd this was never implemented back when kotfe launched or at least after kotet ended. I really LOVE the zakuulan architecture. Probably my favorite.