7.0 putting out Fear not Hope.

TheVoyant

Wait, what?

Not sure what he's referring to but we don't know what's involved yet to change to another combat style. For example, can you swap anytime outside of combat? Or are you locked in your current CS when entering an instance? This could very well be the case particularly in warzones (arena's), role specific fp's and ops. So it's likely that you cannot do it anytime you want.

And you will need different gear sets for each CS of course.

Edited by Tsillah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pretty much. There's no point getting hopeful or fearful.

I download the PTS and give a little feedback on what there. I just don't expect anything to change because of that feedback. Bioware is gonna do what Bioware is gonna do.

It's worth checking out the PTS though, just so you know what will be coming and aren't caught by surprise when 7.0 drops.

I did try the pts first day, and to be honest, it felt wierd, I would have preferred to start from scratch, and see how it evolves. It could be the best system ever, or could sink the game (or neither...lol), but i find it hard to get a read on it as a max char, I need to learn it through levels :) But as soon as we can start that on the PTS, I'll be testing it again :)

I did try the pts first day, and to be honest, it felt wierd, I would have preferred to start from scratch, and see how it evolves. It could be the best system ever, or could sink the game (or neither...lol), but i find it hard to get a read on it as a max char, I need to learn it through levels :) But as soon as we can start that on the PTS, I'll be testing it again :)

At the end of the day, if the characters we're playing right now feel WORSE and not the Same or BETTER, then this is going to backfire Mass Effect Andromeda levels.

What's the point of this thread? What are you hoping to accomplish?

OP, you don't have any idea what the "majority of the player base" is thinking. If you did, you'd show data and your collection methods and use that to make a well-constructed point. You'd provide percentages and leave room for biases. You'd show your sample size. You'd do something -- anything -- to bolster your credibility as someone providing intelligent and constructive feedback to a game you enjoy.

If you're concerned about specific elements that you've tested, there's a place for you to provide that feedback where it can be heard. This isn't it. If you've already done that, what more are you hoping to accomplish by posting this doom-and-gloom nonsense here?

When I read your post, all I hear is "Well my friends said this or that, and since I can't be bothered to manage my own, personal expectations, nor conduct a more thorough investigation on what the facts actually are, I'm gonna go to the forums and tell everyone my opinion and frame it like it's fact instead." Let's not mince words here: You have no idea what you're talking about.

It's possible that you might be right, and that people are "fearful" of 7.0. It's even possible that the fear those people feel is justified. But your thread here has done nothing to contribute to the resolution of this fear -- quite the opposite. This thread isn't going to be remembered as the prophesy by which you could say "I told you so!" because you haven't contributed anything except to bolster the fear you're saying exists.

What do you suggest as an alternative? Better communication? A clearer roadmap? More player agency in the decision making process of changes and updates? Take some of that negative nancy energy and put it towards something helpful and maybe we can combat some of the "fear" you're so fond of discussing.

What's the point of this thread? What are you hoping to accomplish?

OP, you don't have any idea what the "majority of the player base" is thinking. If you did, you'd show data and your collection methods and use that to make a well-constructed point. You'd provide percentages and leave room for biases. You'd show your sample size. You'd do something -- anything -- to bolster your credibility as someone providing intelligent and constructive feedback to a game you enjoy.

If you're concerned about specific elements that you've tested, there's a place for you to provide that feedback where it can be heard. This isn't it. If you've already done that, what more are you hoping to accomplish by posting this doom-and-gloom nonsense here?

When I read your post, all I hear is "Well my friends said this or that, and since I can't be bothered to manage my own, personal expectations, nor conduct a more thorough investigation on what the facts actually are, I'm gonna go to the forums and tell everyone my opinion and frame it like it's fact instead." Let's not mince words here: You have no idea what you're talking about.

It's possible that you might be right, and that people are "fearful" of 7.0. It's even possible that the fear those people feel is justified. But your thread here has done nothing to contribute to the resolution of this fear -- quite the opposite. This thread isn't going to be remembered as the prophesy by which you could say "I told you so!" because you haven't contributed anything except to bolster the fear you're saying exists.

What do you suggest as an alternative? Better communication? A clearer roadmap? More player agency in the decision making process of changes and updates? Take some of that negative nancy energy and put it towards something helpful and maybe we can combat some of the "fear" you're so fond of discussing.

Most posters on these boards and on reddit and on discord are not fans of these changes. I haven't even seen any influencers endorse them. Similar updates like the ones BW is threatening this game with have been done for other established MMOs (SWG, Wow) and they fell very flat. They shouldn't do them. If newbies need better intros to the game or better access to resources to learn it, that's another matter.

Edited by Savej