The Selkath speak Hungarian LOL BW

Bouncy_Hunter

So I was just doing the Manaan flashpoint with some people, and during the conversation with the scientist I started understanding words coming from him. The more I paid attention to it the more I could understand....because you guys (BW) had someone that was most def an english speaker read Hungarian. Heavily accented and butchered but still understandable. That cracked me up and made my day... funny stuff. :D

So I was just doing the Manaan flashpoint with some people, and during the conversation with the scientist I started understanding words coming from him. The more I paid attention to it the more I could understand....because you guys (BW) had someone that was most def an english speaker read Hungarian. Heavily accented and butchered but still understandable. That cracked me up and made my day... funny stuff. :D

LOL

So what does "kolto" mean? ^^

That's a nice little detail, I remember reading that Huttese was based off Quechua (the language of the ancient Inca Empire and still spoken in several South American countries) while Sullustan is actually a local language from Kenya.

Can you make sense of what they're saying in Hungarian or it's all random words?

Edited by Deluxe_

I'll have to listen to the full convo again but it seemed to be close to what the subtitle said. some words seemed a little out of place though I do remember hearing judgement and i don't think it belonged, but I'll listen to it again and see.

quoting myself lol now that I', listening to it again it seems pretty random. But it's really hard to understand for me because it's so butchered lol.

This is actually really cool to hear, assuming that its a correct translation. During Knights of the Old Republic, I hated the Selkath language's same lines being used over and over. A long paragraph could have the exact same sound as the sentence "We do?"

I mean... There's no change I'll ever understand it. Still cool, though! :D

The moment I read this I went to Manaan to investigate, and it is true. Although its pretty hard to make out and completely out of context. He says something about "trustworthiness" and "something was hard to recognize". I'll try to speak to more Selkath to see if they make more sense.