When will the next PTS phase be available for testing?

LordCamTheGreat

Hey Jackie, is there any news regarding when we might expect the next PTS iteration to be available for testing as it has been a couple weeks with no updates. Whether it contains changes for the current combat styles based on player feedback, or the final two combat styles, we would appreciate an update.

It would also be nice to know if there are still plans for a deep dive into the combat styles considering what we have provided feedback for so far are the high level overviews, and how that might differ to what we've seen over the past few months.

• Dev Post
Hey Jackie, is there any news regarding when we might expect the next PTS iteration to be available for testing as it has been a couple weeks with no updates. Whether it contains changes for the current combat styles based on player feedback, or the final two combat styles, we would appreciate an update.

It would also be nice to know if there are still plans for a deep dive into the combat styles considering what we have provided feedback for so far are the high level overviews, and how that might differ to what we've seen over the past few months.

Hey LordCamTheGreat,

I don't have an update today, but I will have more concrete details to share sometime next week.

Thanks!

If it follows the sequence(Republic: Guardian/Sentinel, Imperial: Operative/Sniper, Imperial: Assassin/Sorcerer) the next combat style on the PTS should be Republic: Vanguard/Commando.

I'm expecting Vanguard and Commando too, makes sense to have half and half. (Only slight bias because I prefer the vanguard and commando animations :D)

Hey LordCamTheGreat,

I don't have an update today, but I will have more concrete details to share sometime next week.

Thanks!

Hey Jackie, any update on whether or not Guardians / Sentinels are going to be saved? This isn't a good look at the moment.

Might want to recommend the dev team look at how quickly resolve kicks in, or make it so melee can leap to snipers in cover. It's looking like we'll barely survive the duration of a hard stun.

No mad dash out of diversion, no intercede to an ally, no enure cleanse, no freezing force to slow the operatives. He could have played it better with awe, force push, and force stasis, but even so this isn't looking good for melee players.

Edited by Dyne-

• Dev Post

Hi again,

For the next phase of PTS, we will have the Marauder, Juggernaut, Mercenary, and Powertech Combat Styles available. Our aim is to have PTS available tomorrow and I will be posting all the relevant threads and updates. Should that change, I will update this thread.

Might want to recommend the dev team look at how quickly resolve kicks in, or make it so melee can leap to snipers in cover. It's looking like we'll barely survive the duration of a hard stun.

No mad dash out of diversion, no intercede to an ally, no enure cleanse, no freezing force to slow the operatives. He could have played it better with awe, force push, and force stasis, but even so this isn't looking good for melee players.

Hi Dyne,

Wanted to say that I've passed along this feedback.

Hi again,

For the next phase of PTS, we will have the Marauder, Juggernaut, Mercenary, and Powertech Combat Styles available. Our aim is to have PTS available tomorrow and I will be posting all the relevant threads and updates. Should that change, I will update this thread.

Thanks for the update! I did notice the PTS updating on Steam :D

Does this mean that Marauder and Juggernaut are receiving another round of changes based on feedback?

Secondly, will Sorcerer, Assassin, Sniper and Operative be temporarily unavailable while they potentially also receive changes?

Lastly I'd also like to say that I wholeheartedly agree that resolve should kick in faster with 7.0 not just because it is more difficult for melee combat styles to stick to targets, but also because the amount of hard stuns in the game are being reduced. This means that you might end up being nearly permanently slowed because slows don't interact with the resolve bar to the same capacity that hard stuns do - resulting in you not getting white bar'd despite constant cc pressure.

Edited by LordCamTheGreat

Hey Jackie, any update on whether or not Guardians / Sentinels are going to be saved? This isn't a good look at the moment.

I've been saying this for YEARS: They need to nerf operatives' utilities. Operatives were already OP even when we had defensives/more utilities to try to deal with some of their BS. Now you take away most of what allowed us to survive against their stun lock BS, but don't nerf any of operatives bajillion+ utilities? How is that fair?

As for Snipers, yeah, the inability of melee to jump to them when they're in cover has NEVER made any sense to me, gameplay-wise or lore-wise. "I'm this fiercesome Jedi/Sith with COMPLETE mastery of the force, but OH NO, this little shooty-boi over here has erected a small energy shield which has completely negated my ability to use the force to leap to someone. Guess I'll die now, then."

I'm thinking PVP is gonna be unplayable in the first 2-3 months of the expansion unless your play the 1-2 FOTM classes (probably operatives) due to horrid balancing.