jedi consular vs sith inquisitor in a fight who would win?

justcuxidk

hello evryone so im sbout to make a jedi consular and sith inquisitor as my mains but i was wondering who would win in a fight? lore wise no plot armor and i dont care about spoilers i have been spoiled the story so i dont care about that but yea just wondering.

First, let me say, I believe all 4 Force using origins are supposed to be pretty equal in power level.

Second, Consular and Inquisitor are my two favorite classes.

Between these, I always go back to Consular and it's cut scene of using the force to blast through some of the heaviest security doors they've shown (no straining, just three increasingly powerful blasts of the force). Lifted massive amount of weight with the force as well.

Knight gets that fame, but Consular shows off that power.

Inquisitor is a total survivor and for awhile gets into position of power. One of the best things about Inquisitor, is I feel this is the origin that I feel Marr really treats as an equal, more so than the Warrior.

Just like the thread on the JK and SW, this really is just going to boil down to personal head canon and "this is my favourite class to play, so it must be that class is more powerful too!"

The real answer is, we do not have enough information to make a judgement on this.

What's more impressive? the ability to rip apart giant doors or tank a dark council member's all out lightning storm?

Torturing someone with telepathy vs with lightning?

With or without ghosts? Would the healing ritual break the SI control of the ghosts? Would it matter regardless?

Does it matter that the JC gets their *** kissed at every opportunity vs the SI being labelled as scum until no one dared say it again?

Questions we honestly do not have answers to.

Just like the thread on the JK and SW, this really is just going to boil down to personal head canon and "this is my favourite class to play, so it must be that class is more powerful too!"

The real answer is, we do not have enough information to make a judgement on this.

What's more impressive? the ability to rip apart giant doors or tank a dark council member's all out lightning storm?

Torturing someone with telepathy vs with lightning?

With or without ghosts? Would the healing ritual break the SI control of the ghosts? Would it matter regardless?

Does it matter that the JC gets their *** kissed at every opportunity vs the SI being labelled as scum until no one dared say it again?

Questions we honestly do not have answers to.

Let's not forget how the Consular grows weaker and weaker with every Jedi they shield from the plague, and then still manages to take on Lord Vivicar in their very weakened state.

Let's not forget how the Consular grows weaker and weaker with every Jedi they shield from the plague, and then still manages to take on Lord Vivicar in their very weakened state.

Which is still the same thing, we do not know how much weaker they got, or how powerful Lord Vivicar actually was, considering he was just a fallen Jedi possessed by an arrogant old Sith ghost.

And if there is one thing we can count on for Sith is a rather overinflated view of their own power

Weakened rather than very weakened. The originator of the technique was "very" weakened by shielding *hundreds* of others, whereas the Consular only shields (counts) five.

Which is still the same thing, we do not know how much weaker they got, or how powerful Lord Vivicar actually was, considering he was just a fallen Jedi possessed by an arrogant old Sith ghost.

And if there is one thing we can count on for Sith is a rather overinflated view of their own power

Well, Inquisitor jumps in power by being possessed by ghosts.

Weakened rather than very weakened. The originator of the technique was "very" weakened by shielding *hundreds* of others, whereas the Consular only shields (counts) five.

You missed the one Master's Daughter.

Coruscant (Master Yuon), Taris (Tykan), Nar Shaddaa (Duras Fain), Tatooine (VVossan), Alderaan (Garen), and the Master's from Nar Shaddaa's daughter (Laranna Fain).

Terrak Morrhage was powerful enough to create a plague that nearly wiped out the Jedi, controlled a planet as a ghost, that it sent 6 Jedi running, and having to leave one behind to get away.

And in that weakened state, they still managed to defeat in a fight and find the energy to shield another. And story wise, they all mention how noticeably weaker you're getting.

We get no story of if the creator of the technique actually had to do any fighting themself.

You missed the one Master's Daughter.

Coruscant (Master Yuon), Taris (Tykan), Nar Shaddaa (Duras Fain), Tatooine (VVossan), Alderaan (Garen), and the Master's from Nar Shaddaa's daughter (Laranna Fain).

Ugh, yes. Good spot. I always forget Fain's daughter.

Terrak Morrhage was powerful enough to create a plague that nearly wiped out the Jedi, controlled a planet as a ghost, that it sent 6 Jedi running, and having to leave one behind to get away.

And in that weakened state, they still managed to defeat in a fight and find the energy to shield another. And story wise, they all mention how noticeably weaker you're getting.

If memory serves, how much the ritual affected you, without any indication that the Consular was progressively weakening, but fair point.

We get no story of if the creator of the technique actually had to do any fighting themself.

True, but the "hundreds versus a large handful" thing is still relevant.

Ugh, yes. Good spot. I always forget Fain's daughter.

If memory serves, how much the ritual affected you, without any indication that the Consular was progressively weakening, but fair point.

True, but the "hundreds versus a large handful" thing is still relevant.

They mention how you look weak from it before and after. Believe there was even a comment about how much do you think you could hold up as you continue to weaken yourself.

But other than dialogue, they don't give you anything to show you how weak you get. Though, I believe I heard, back in beta, they did.

And you're right, hundreds vs a large handful would be different, but it should be remember how Yuon mentions just how powerful the Consular is first thing in the story.

But as I've said before I feel all the force using classes are equal in power. I just feel the Consular gets overlooked a lot. Even later in the story. Ziost my Consular shows how much power she has in Chapter 1 and on Ziost I have to have her use a rocket launcher to get through a lesser door? :p

The SI does not get possessed by the ghosts (despite their best efforts), they bind the ghosts and feed on their power

Completely different thing

True, but Parkanas lets Morrage in and still a powerful Sith Lord who drove Jedi off a planet.

On paper inquisitor should win. But as always the good guys find a way. Some kind of overconfidence or something similar to the situation in episode 1 with Obi-Wan and Maul.

First, let me say, I believe all 4 Force using origins are supposed to be pretty equal in power level.

With or without the force ghosts? I think it should be without, meaning with them the inquisitor is pretty insanely powerful, otherwise the inquisitor character would be pretty pathetic for a main protagonist, which means it would be super bad story telling in such a medium and i don't think they would do that.

Also the Dark Side is supposed to be more powerful in general, in regards to display in combat at least. If the light siders were more powerful or equal, the dark side would not be tempting or worth the trouble in the first place. When the light siders win, when they win, they do it not cus because they are more powerful but because of other things that the dark side lacks in and the light side is better at, not display of ''power''.

If it was all to the individual and not the side of the force, instead of a combination of the two , the Dark Side would not be a threat ever, hence all of Star Wars lore is bs and without meaning. Hence the Inquisitor should win on paper.

I'm drunk though so i might be wrong. Let's hope i won't cringe when i wake up later.

Edited by Kaedusz

On paper inquisitor should win. But as always the good guys find a way. Some kind of overconfidence or something similar to the situation in episode 1 with Obi-Wan and Maul.

With or without the force ghosts? I think it should be without, meaning with them the inquisitor is pretty insanely powerful, otherwise the inquisitor character would be pretty pathetic for a main protagonist, which means it would be super bad story telling in such a medium and i don't think they would do that.

Also the Dark Side is supposed to be more powerful in general, in regards to display in combat at least. If the light siders were more powerful or equal, the dark side would not be tempting or worth the trouble in the first place. When the light siders win, when they win, they do it not cus because they are more powerful but because of other things that the dark side lacks in and the light side is better at, not display of ''power''.

If it was all to the individual and not the side of the force, instead of a combination of the two , the Dark Side would not be a threat ever, hence all of Star Wars lore is bs and without meaning. Hence the Inquisitor should win on paper.

I'm drunk though so i might be wrong. Let's hope i won't cringe when i wake up later.

For the Inquisitor (my second fave, if not tied for first, story line) and the ghosts, I'd say that's the Inquisitor building up in power. Inquisitor, unlike the other three, doesn't start out as powerful. All four are of course gaining power as they go along.

However, as we can see, Knight and Warrior take on the voice of the emperor without needing ghosts. Inquisitor needs the ghosts to take on Thanaton, weaker than the voices, I'd would think most would agree.

However, as for the dark side being more powerful and light side always weaker, that assumes that a light sider can't be more powerful or that a powerful individual can't want more power, for whatever reason.

And if I recall, it's not that Dark Side is more powerful, it's easier, faster...so for many, it could be the better way to go, if they're not as powerful or smart or patient. I'm weak, I can't out power that powerful light sider, it's upsetting me, driving me to the dark side, I can now feel how I'm just as powerful as them...hahahahaha!