Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

JackNimbyl

The Wrath is supposed to be the second strongest, Darth Marr would be the Wrath if he was indeed the current Wraths better.

Also, Baras>>>>>>>>Thanaton in terms of gameplay

Thanaton blindly threw around his lightning storms, not caring if you were going to be there or not, i killed him with full health almost.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wrath is supposed to be the second strongest, Darth Marr would be the Wrath if he was indeed the current Wraths better.

Also, Baras>>>>>>>>Thanaton in terms of gameplay

Thanaton blindly threw around his lightning storms, not caring if you were going to be there or not, i killed him with full health almost.

Interresting. I've found Thanaton was always the tougher fight gameplay wise. How it should be LORE wise, is a different story.

I'd really like to see someone survive getting their head lopped off, have the body sliced and diced into pieces, then have all those pieces and head dumped into molten lava.

On this subject: one immortal that has survived several beheadings is a little fella called wolverine...heard of him?

he has also survived a trip to the core of the sun, been thrown into a black hole (which he described as mildly annoying because of the gravity thing.) he has also been ripped to a thousand and more pieces by; the hulk, Thor the God, superman in a crossover, galactus, the silver surfer and many more.

so to this spesific comment; you should read wolverine, **** like that happens to that fella all the damn time

His mother had him blessed as a baby that nothing in the world, except holly, could harm him. Everyone loved him, except Loki, so Loki killed him with the holly.

That's why he was chained up and had the serpent dripping its venom onto his face.

The God that was killed was Balder, and he was actually not killed by Loki himself, as Loki did not have it in him to take his brothers life. Loki only tricked Herod the blind to fire an arrow made out of Holly. And since Herod the blind was the best marksmann the norse gods had, (whatever he pointed his bow at, got hit straight in the heart.) Herod killed Balder with an arrow made out of holly.

I worded that wrong. I figure (and could be wrong) that there have been multiple wraths. Has there only been two? Scourge and the Sith Warrior?

Still, I'd put the money on the Inquisitor over the Wrath.

For one thing, Inquisitor had the tougher opponent to beat. :p Baras was nothing compared to defeating Thanaton in game, if we're going to go by gameplay mechanics.

Storyline wise, Inquisitor survives all that punishement and still came out on top. And I don't know about anyone else, but my LS SI still kept the spirits, except for the one she had a contract with, and one of those was the Voss Mystic :p

Then let's look at the continuing storyline. Wrath goes about enforcing the Emporers will. Inquisitor goes about gaining more power by collecting artifacts for the Sith, but being the awesome Sith we know the Inquisitor is, that means picking and choosing which ones you keep for yourself and which you give to the Sith Empire to fight over ;)

Well they have obviously fixed the baras fight. because when i dingeg 50 and got into a fisticuff with that dude...not only did i fail by myself, i had to bring 3 frakkin friends with me to take him out.

Baras was actually so powerfull a short time after launch that the community in here almost had to treat him like a raid boss....yeah BW im talking to you...-_-

so no...i did not have an easy time defeating this person.

• 1 month later...
light sabers can block lightning yes but the inquisitor can block damage from thanaton he smacked lightning away like Yoda with damage so wrath could not get him and with the ghost he is immortal anyway so my vote is for Nox.

I don't get it.. what's the difference between Darth Nox, Darth Occulus & Darth Imperius.. they called my Inquisitor imperius.

The name depends on your alignment when you complete the quest. Nox is for the Dark Side alignment, Imperius for Light Side and Occulus for neutral.

Well they have obviously fixed the baras fight. because when i dingeg 50 and got into a fisticuff with that dude...not only did i fail by myself, i had to bring 3 frakkin friends with me to take him out.

Baras was actually so powerfull a short time after launch that the community in here almost had to treat him like a raid boss....yeah BW im talking to you...-_-

so no...i did not have an easy time defeating this person.

really because i thought Baras was easy at launch i thought Draough or w/e his apprentices name is was alot tougher fight even noman kar i thought was harder and i started playing since day 1 of early game acess

Edited by Zaxem

Why would the Emperor make the next Wrath 'immortal' if the last one rebelled against him? Seems a bit... problematic to want to just 'go through with it.' If the Emperor gave Wrath an excellent dental plan however...

I thought Baras was a lot more difficult than Thanaton or whatever his name is, force push and then force leap and then his attack or dropped me the first 3 or 4 times he did it or something and made me cry like a little ***** the first time he did it to me, the other 2 or 3 times just made me frustrated because I knew he was going to do it and he still schooled me. I actually needed stims to fight him.

light sabers can block lightning yes

Lightsabers can't block lightning in my opinion. Its the forceuser that does the blocking, lightsaber would just be an extension of the body. Examples: Yoda without saber, Obi-Wan with a saber. So whether a person can block force lightning depends on the persons prowess in the force, not whether he is holding a lightsaber.

For one thing, Inquisitor had the tougher opponent to beat. :p Baras was nothing compared to defeating Thanaton in game, if we're going to go by gameplay mechanics.

I disagree. Neither Baras nor Thanaton was a tough opponent to beat. I remember Thanaton specifically being one of the easiest opponents I had faced during the story. Despite Inquisitor being my first SWTOR character, I finished Thanaton fight at basically full health. Baras was not really any better.

Lorewise they were both prominent Darth's so there shouldn't be too much difference.

Edited by Karkais

I disagree. Neither Baras nor Thanaton was a tough opponent to beat. I remember Thanaton specifically being one of the easiest opponents I had faced during the story. Despite Inquisitor being my first SWTOR character, I finished Thanaton fight at basically full health. Baras was not really any better.

Lorewise they were both prominent Darth's so there shouldn't be too much difference.

I disagree i thought baras was a cake walk while thanaton the first time i did it on my sin took me awhile to beat it solo because of how his lighting storm spam at first my compaion keept dying on that part b4 i realized if you run around in circles he will eventually stop since you can't interrupt it lol

Darth Occlus = All Lightside.

Darth Imperius = More Empire loyal, rather than Darkside-Lightside.

Darth Nox = All Darkside.

Oh, wow - that's awesome! I didn't know your Darth name depended on your alignment!

A fine reason to one day roll a Light Side Inquisitor - until then, Darth Nox I am!

Nox has life draining abilities as well as lightning. Ignoring game mechanics, I think Nox would be able to defeat the Wrath given that he/she manages to keep reasonable distance.

But that's why we Warriors have Force Charge! Just jump at the Inquisitor and cut him/her to tiny little Sith-Flakes, then sell those at the nearest Supermarket for 1,99 Credits!

Oh, wow - that's awesome! I didn't know your Darth name depended on your alignment!

A fine reason to one day roll a Light Side Inquisitor - until then, Darth Nox I am!

Darth Imperius is Lightside...Occulus is Neautral...Nox is Nox is Darkside.

Im not so sure its Empire leaning, as my Inquisitor was lightside but kept picking options the Empire hated. :p

• 1 month later...
I believe Darth Nox would be able to defeat the Wrath. For one, so long as Darth Nox has the Sith ghosts inside of him/her, they are unkillable (although if their head was chopped off that might hinder them a little). Also, Nox already had a strong connection to the Force, but the ghosts increased the connection a hundred fold. The Wrath needs to get close to Nox to maximize damage output with his lightsaber, but that is difficult when Nox is shielded by lightening and when Nox is zapping the Wrath with electricity. It may not be fair, but then again, Nox and the Wrath are Sith lords, they aren't supposed to play fair. Also, would we be including companions into this epic battle?

I've thought about this myself.

NOX: For one thing, he can't die. Also, he knows so many rituals that he could probably just enslave the wrath. Also, think about just how many Sith tried to kill him. He just wouldn't die.

WRATH: his position is respected, that's all. He defeated a Sith who couldn't even make a Republic agent talk. As I recall Jadus was second to the Emperor.

The Wrath is no chump, but Nox could at the very least outlast him.

Like someone said Darth Jadus is second to the empire.

Just like with the emperor being close to him corrupts you to the dark side> Making him a formiddable Force user and Warrior next to being the second strongest sith alive (emperor being one)

(this is said in the Agent story btw)

So i guess the challenge would be, who would be able to kill darth jadus, Wrath or Nox :)

Darth Occlus = All Lightside.

Darth Imperius = More Empire loyal, rather than Darkside-Lightside.

Darth Nox = All Darkside.

Wrong.

Imperius is for LS

Occlus is for neutral.

Nox is DS.

I my self ended up as eyeball lord. Gonna roll a Imperius this time.

• 4 months later...
Darth Nox, because she can't die. Thanaton tried his hardest on Dromund Kaas. A Darth Nox who still has the ghosts after the endgame can't be killed. This is defined by the story itself. And given that the only person who could teach the rituals of Ergast is Ergast himself (who's trapped in Nox) and with the rituals of Tulak Hord being in Khem-Zash, it's doubtful the Wrath would have any idea about how to get rid of said ghosts.

Plus, unlike Lord Drahg, I don't see Darth Nox boasting about her power, she'd simply get up again or reappear later as was the case at the beginning of Act 2 of the Inquisitor storyline. So it is questionable who would even know about what's going on with her.

The new Wrath's main abilities are their martial skills and aptitude for manipulating the passions of others (like with Jaesa), though it is hard to put this into any practical framework for comparison since Darth Nox also has plenty of opportunities to be manipulative. Player agency is a factor here, I'd say.

That being said, I find the whole concept of this fight interesting, though unnecessary. In terms of the story we know the new Emperor's Wrath is in fact not made aware of the Emperor's true plans...will be interesting to see what BioWare does with the story there. If the Wrath knew the Emperor's plan, they should also know that Nox would be one of the few Sith with enough knowledge of the ancient rituals, and the power to help do something about it.

Wait, Nox can't die? Since when?! How does keeping the ghosts make you immortal? Please tell me about it.

PS: Maybe this thread is old but...

Wait, Nox can't die? Since when?! How does keeping the ghosts make you immortal? Please tell me about it.

PS: Maybe this thread is old but...

Same reason Thanaton could not kill him the first time, the ghosts inside him are already dead, chaining him to the world of the living. Darth Nox cannot die, cannot be killed.

However, that doesn't mean he's the most powerful, it only means if the Emperors wrath was the more powerful of the two, that Darth Nox could be tortured for eternity.

Edited by benovide

Same reason Thanaton could not kill him the first time, the ghosts inside him are already dead, chaining him to the world of the living. Darth Nox cannot die, cannot be killed.

However, that doesn't mean he's the most powerful, it only means if the Emperors wrath was the more powerful of the two, that Darth Nox could be tortured for eternity.

But that would only lead to Darth nox getting angrier and angrier. And as we all know: Sith gain powers from emotions, anger especially. Then Nox will eventually be stronger than anything!