Maintenance: February 16, 2021

CommunityTeam

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>>Removed the knock-off protection mention from the tooltip of the following mounts as there is no longer knock-off protection in the game:

When did this happen? Better question why? Why do you insist on making changes that make travelling around a planet even less fun?

There are a lot more mounts with Excellent and Exceptional protection that are not listed in the notes. So, I suspect the protection was removed only from the listed mounts. (I hope it was not removed from all mounts.) If that's the case, then the change was awkwardly (and misleadingly) worded. This is not the only such instance in the notes either; there doesn't seem to be any proof-reading. The notes are also maddeningly vague: "Improved the spam controls on the mail system." or "Rebalanced the difficulty and time [uprisings] take to complete..." We'll just have to play and find out.

On a different note, they are able to put in so many changes because they are all trivial fixes like spelling mistakes, lot of Emote changes, and a "missing word." They fixed that in Feast of Prosperity but didn't fix the achievement issue arising from a missing mission. They fixed the trivial bug with the Spoil of War Tactical Achievements which already have a workaround but didn't touch the more substantial Spoil of War Armor Achievements which don't have a workaround.

It is certainly nice to see a large number of items - even if many of them are low-hanging fruit - knocked out, though.

Edited by mike_carton

For that price it is a ridiculous replacement for the old relics. All they had to do was make a reusable stim, but in typical BW fashion they give us this.

I'd have liked a reusable vaccine as you can only have one Stim on at a time. Or they could've made an exception for just that one relic and have its effect be retained even after it was unequipped. But, yeah. They go with a mind-numbingly inane - and expensive - "solution". Once again.

Edited by mike_carton

Lets say I make 2 million a day, 60 million a month. That would be enough to sit pretty 7 years ago. Now...I made and spent more than that the last 4 days on GTN.

It depends on why you want the 60 mill, sure it can't buy everything, but it can buy some great stuff, and if you watch the GTN carefully, you'll be surprised at the bargains you can pick up. You could also use it as 'seed' capital, and turn the 60 mill, into a billion.

The GTN and those who have credits will be the next target !

On the other hand what would happen if:

** Augments that were of a high enough quality were DROPS: BOP / Legacy. (all levels) or available at the Fleet station(s) for the Republic / Empire.

** Mods were once again available for ALL levels as a drop or through vendors (not just greens ... but the best available) . We use to be able to buy them at the station a long time ago. Heck I remember spending tons of credits as we upgraded our armor .

** We are already getting some (mod) drops that are legacy bound to build armor (and even so mods after level 75) . But what if that opportunity were made available again?

A). Less credits would be necessary for better equipment INCLUDING augments in order to play the game.

B). Said credits would only be useful for "decorative" or personal preferences (aka playing "Space Barbie" ).

As for the rest of the attacks on the idea of "having more than someone else" (call it what you may) ... IMO those type of discussions are philosophically based and unlikely to ever be resolved in such a fashion that it is met with satisfaction to everyone. That debate will be unproductive.

As for the "credit sink" in the RNG method of acquisition ... I've never been a fan of charging vast amounts of credits for the "gamble" of a projected possibility ?? Sorry !! Not a fan !!

If there are new components to be added to the game .. cool !! (Yes I'm referring to "amplifiers" ). Then make them something useful and the means of acquisition something that is plausible. If these are actually intended to be a "rare" item then so be it ! Attaching a high price tag to gamble at receiving the new item really does not help in the process of removing credits off of the market. It never has ... it never will.

Rather than spend too much time debating who should have credits ... and how to take away the credits other have ... perhaps we should return to topic ..

Most of the changes are welcomed !! The BUG fixes are definitely welcomed !!

Over all two thumbs up !!!

Just curious: How do you expect them (BioWare) to tackle the inevitable "insane" inflation that occurs with nearly every MMO in history that's lasted longer than a couple years?

And i'm not trolling btw. I really earnestly would be curious to know methods to avoid normal inflation of a 9+ year old game. Other than getting rid of the whole pay-to-get-stuff 'micro transaction' business model in favor of a more PLAYER-crafted player-generated economy.

Especially when Bioware are the creators of the insane inflation to start with?

Ay, there's the rub! (and probably what keeps Developers up at night :csw_crawler: )

Been plenty of great community suggestions on how to get players to spend those credits or to tackle inflation. Aka, unique vendors items and increasing the GTN tax and adjusting it on a sliding scale so that the higher the price, the more sales tax. Then it is more of a wealth tax.

Bioware ignore them because they’d rather spend the time making unique items to sell on the cartel market for $$ that then create the inflation in the game. And they don’t want to overly tax people selling them because then they might not buy as much from the cartel market. It’s a conflict of interest for them to properly tackle inflation because it could eat into their actual money making activities.

No not the same. Prevented from stockpiling. Big difference. It keeps them spending and earning. So even if they horde, they can't later flood the market, or keep driving prices up because there is no ceiling.

But there are ceilings in the game. You just haven’t reached them yet.

The most you can sell something on the GTN is 1 billion credits. Bioware will then take 80 million as tax.

The most an individual character or guild can have is 4.1 billion (rounded). Yes you can have more in your legacy

There are ceilings in the game. It’s not our fault if you haven’t reached them and it’s not Biowares responsibility to make sure you can.

Work hard (play hard) and work smart (play smart) and you too can make lots and lots of credits. There is plenty of information out there that tells you how to do this. Even some of the things I’ve posted in the last 14 months tell you how to make a bunch of credits from crafting.

I recently had someone PM me on the forums to thank me for the advice because they’d just made their first Billion credits.

The only thing Bioware should do is add proper credit sinks in the game that don’t affect new or less well off players from the mechanics of proper game play. Aka, do away with amplifier gambling and millions of credits to gear.

But add some vendors in the game with high priced and items players want and also increase the tax scale on the more expensive items on the GTN.

That’s all Bioware need to do, if you can’t afford the latest lightsabre or Armor from the the GTN, you have a choice. Buy some cartel coins or generate more credits in the game like the rest of us do. That sort of inflation cannot be and should not be controlled by Bioware.

Edit: if you have some spare Cartel Coins, you can convert 600 into 90 million credit at the moment on Star Forge by selling Additional Character Server Slots. From what I can tell, they are the best conversion for the least amount of credit outlay at moment.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Especially when Bioware are the creators of the insane inflation to start with?

What, you do not like BW's infinite credit generator they have in the basement that is pumping a continuous stream of credits into the game?

Been plenty of great community suggestions on how to get players to spend those credits or to tackle inflation. Aka, unique vendors items and increasing the GTN tax and adjusting it on a sliding scale so that the higher the price, the more sales tax. Then it is more of a wealth tax.

Bioware ignore them because they’d rather spend the time making unique items to sell on the cartel market for $$ that then create the inflation in the game. And they don’t want to overly tax people selling them because then they might not buy as much from the cartel market. It’s a conflict of interest for them to properly tackle inflation because it could eat into their actual money making activities.

A sliding GTN tax is, in my opinion, the only effective thing they could do to remove credits from the game (other than just removing credits). The unique vendors and such will only be targeted by a few and does not offer a consistent outflow of credits (people will lose interest eventually and not enough new rewards will be added quickly enough to maintain interest), but the GTN is a guaranteed and consistent outflow.

Edited by ceryxp

A sliding GTN tax is, in my opinion, the only effective thing they could do to remove credits from the game (other than just removing credits). The unique vendors and such will only be targeted by a few and does not offer a consistent outflow of credits (people will lose interest eventually and not enough new rewards will be added quickly enough to maintain interest), but the GTN is a guaranteed and consistent outflow.

Yeah, I agree. Bioware wouldn’t be able to keep up with generating enough unique expensive stuff for the vendor. They can barely keep up with one unique reward for ranked pvp when the season is 6 months to a year.

The GTN sliding tax is really the only mechanism that would be a reliable credit sink that requires no effort once it’s implemented. It’s why I’m surprised they have a guild perk that reduces the GTN tax. They are basically nerfing their most effective credit sink in the game.

Lots of fixes but still nothing for the Jace Malcom bug if you sided Republic on Iokath with an Imperial character, but 6.2 causes his contacts list to show him as dead? I really want to play through 6.2 on two of my Imp's but can't whilst this is still broken as I don't want Theron acting like his father is dead when he isn't.

this is the easy way to get rid of some exploits, when it is possible to "harvest" special adds endlessly.

Except that there is zero evidence that is actually occurring. There are not large numbers of any mat for sale of the GTN that would support the hypothesis that this is a widespread problem. Should we also prevent large conquest guilds from harvesting operations and flashpoints for kill CQ points. That is a much bigger problem and the source of the huge numbers of points that conquest guilds are putting up. This change only hurts the people who get a few thousand points while running game content. Big conquest guilds aren't doing it because it is not time efficient at all (even with you "special adds harvesting" theory).

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Due to the on-going severe weather situation in Austin, TX (where our studio is located), we are going to be delaying today's scheduled maintenance. It is still our goal to get out Game Update 6.2.1 as soon as possible. We will pass on updates when we have more information.

This does affect some other things as well:

• Possible issues when reaching Support

Thank you for your understanding!

Edited by CommunityTeam

Hi folks,

Due to the on-going severe weather situation in Austin, TX (where our studio is located), we are going to be delaying today's scheduled maintenance. It is still our goal to get out Game Update 6.2.1 as soon as possible. We will pass on updates when we have more information.

i have a question for you.

why are most off the bugs that have been report for years and you know about then and told on the threads that you share the info about still not fix in this patch.

most off the bugs are coming from old expensions more from the: knights of the eternal throne and knights of the fallen empire expension why are that type bugs not still been fix still and now more the bugs from the onslaught expension getting a fix is something wierd that the last expension bugs get more a fix and the old one's not.

explane that please since its wierd for a lot off communety members more.

Hi folks,

Stay Safe!

Spikanor, there's a time and place to complain about the game. When their office and homes are quite literally freezing up, that's not the time.

Stay safe Bioware! We can wait.

^^^ Hopefully the cold front will go home, and leave everyone else home warm again. Stay Safe all

Spikanor, there's a time and place to complain about the game. When their office and homes are quite literally freezing up, that's not the time.

Stay safe Bioware! We can wait.

i know its freezing up there and i understand it good that the maintenance is going to take longer then normal for that i have respect for it.

but what my point is to let then know is that most off the bugs that have been report since the launch off knights of the eternal throne and knights of the fallen empire still not have been fix and that there keep telling we share more info about when there know it.

and my question is to then why are that type bugs in this patch not been fix then also.

it has notting to do with the delay off the maintenance its about the patch note's there going to add today to the game.

why the bugs from the old expensions that have been release since 2019 still after 2 years time notting has been done with it.

thats my question i have for then why there do we see notting about that back in the patch note's.

it has notting to do with the freezing there or so its about the patch note's most people like to have a answer about that question more.

I just looked at their current weather conditions, like here:

https://patch.com/texas/downtownaustin/austin-cold-weather-guide-february-2021

Current temperature in Austin (converted to metric) is about -10...-12 C, which is very cold for Texas. Because of their quite warm normal climate, their homes don't have such warm insulation as in Central Europe, for example. As a result, the power consumption has been greatly increased and power companies are going to perform cyclic outages because full consumption would be beyond their capabilities and may result in total blackout.

So, performing the server update during power instability and unpredictability would be very unwise.

We all hope that the cold wave will end in a few days.