Darth Malgus - Belsavis World Boss not respawning

Sandrosw

The world boss Primeval Destroyer on Belsavis, needed to get an ingredient for feast event, does not respawn now like it used to or how other world bosses needed for ingredient are respawning now (with 5 min respawn time). Currently neither PvE nor PvP instance has boss spawned for more than 20 minutes, with several groups waiting there.

Note that yesterday the respawn worked fine at least in PvP instance, now it does not.

From other player's reports, the boss stopped respawning about an hour or two ago since this post, so it seems reverted to 4 hours timer?

Edited by Sandrosw

The world boss, on Belsavis, for the event quest [World Boss] Special Request: Belsavis, does not respawn (or spawn at all). I've been sitting there for a few hours, logging in and off, and "shuttled" to and from the Republic Fleet.

Joined a couple of groups already, during the few hours.

Looked in the all of the server's instances, and it's not there in any of them. The world boss is simply not (re)spawning.

People are saying in the ops chat, and the general chat on both Belsavis and the Republic fleet that the spawn is bugged.

And on Satele Shan.

This should be an easy fix. I guess since this doesn't affect the Cartel Market, they see no sense in hurrying.

It's only a limited time event man, they'll fix it for next year... maybe. Look how many times we had the racing event before they eventually bothered to fix the bugs with that.

Hi all,

Thanks for the different reports concerning the Belsavis Wolrd Boss issue you all encounter.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

As someone noted, on Satele Shan: So Primal Destroyer was respawning pretty well from 10 pm Eastern Daylight Time on Tuesday 10/27/20 to at least 2 am Eastern Daylight Time (today, Wednesday, 10/28). I can't speak to when it broke, but it was broken by 8:30 am EDT on Wednesday 10/28 and it has stayed broken, as in no new spawns on either SS instance 1 or instance 2 (pvp). I should point out that earlier on Tuesday, like around 3-4 pm EDT, the mission wasn't Primal Destroyer, it was Lucky on Corellia. It swapped over to PD at some point around 10 pm EDT. So, I'm not sure whether the bug is related to the multiple changes per day, but its almost behaving as if there is a set # of times per day that the boss is allowed to respawn and once that limit is reached, it stops spawning.

Just as an update, on Satele Shan belsavis instance 3, but not 1, Primal Destroyer started working again. I was on instance 1, no boss, and swapped to 3 and the boss was there. A group killed it and then it respawned about 4 minutes later for another group to kill it. I’m not sure how soon before 7:45 pm EDT instance 3 started working, but it probably has to do with instance 3 spinning back up at some point after being (red) depopulating since 8:30 am this morning. It doesn’t matter much anymore because the special request mission flipped to Snowblind at 8 pm EDT.

Again, I have to wonder.... There is always an instance 1, and a pvp. On the contrary, instance 3 was red and then spun back up over a period of several hours. It was still red around 4 pm EDT. So I have to wonder if there is some limit on the number of times the boss can spawn... maybe some holdover from the 1.x era when Primal Destroyer was actually a part of endgame, to prevent farming? And because it’s old code, the Devs didn’t even know to fix it with 6.1.4 or 6.1.4b?

It’s just another reason why these world bosses need to be cleaned up and permanently have their respawn timers decreased. It’s been a lot of fun doing world bosses with groups of 16-24 people, groups constantly rolling because people have alts they want to run through the event. I hope the devs take heed.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

As mentioned above, our team is looking into the bug you encounter with the Belsavis World Boss.

This issue seems to occur (at least in one case) when players kite the Primeval Destroyer's adds away from the boss area after the boss has been killed. Until we can fix the underlying issue, you should try to kill the adds even if they're still alive after the boss has been defeated.

this issue gives me flashbacks to the time when belsavis worldboss used to be bugged like this for ages. it didnt respawn at all for months - maybe a year+ way back around 2013-14+ i think. took absolute ages to to get it fixed back then, lets hope its faster this time.