View Single Post

NermalDetonator
12.19.2015 , 11:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SootyTX View Post
I'm so glad I'm not part of the 'too cool to be excited about anything' generation.
So much this. It's telling that those trying to muster cool cred cant even string a substantive sentence together on why it "doesnt feel like a star wars movie".

Quote:
I went to see Ep IV when I was 10 years old and this movie brought all those feelings right back again. A New Hope remains my favourite Star Wars movie, because of how it changed my life, and Force Awakens has come along during a particularly difficult time in my life and I honestly felt like that 10yr old all over again. Which is pretty remarkable, and something I will never forget.
I was too little for Ep IV, but remember Empire in the theatre - the wampa scaring me, the thrill of the AT-AT's, seeing Yoda. This brought those feelings back as well. The dialogue was easily the best of any of the films possibly barring Empire, the effects a great blend of practical and digital, and a stellar performance out of Harrison Ford. After Crystal Skull, I was worried he just wouldnt give a damn, or worse, look tired and old. Nothing to fear on that count! Rey, Finn and Poe are great additions, and I'm sorry to those who hate levity in anything, but BB-8 was cute as hell.

Great movie, great Star Wars movie. I guess avoid if you're a joy-less sad sack drowning in hipster irony.