Changes regarding the Shadow Syndicate reputation track

BryantWood

• Dev Post

Hiya players!

With the end of Galactic Season 2 we’ve seen confusion around the Shadow Syndicate reputation track. This Shadow Syndicate was a time limited reputation track released to expand the offerings of Galactic Season 2. When Galactic Season 2 ended the Syndicate Plans used to progress the reputation track were no longer available, though Qi’us Dnar remains available on Nar Shaddaa. We understand that players expected to be able to continue progressing this track even after the season ended and used the new reputation track to help progress Conquest. We’ll be making some adjustments with patch 7.1 to allow progress towards this reputation track to continue.

Syndicate Plan drops

With patch 7.1, Syndicate Plans will continue to drop from mobs across the Galaxy for players who have not completed the reputation track. Jawa Intel will also remain available from Brrazz on the Fleet to increase the chance to obtain Syndicate Plans. With this change players can continue to progress the Shadow Syndicate reputation and earn the Legacy titles “Shadow Initiate”, “Master of Shadows”, and “The Shadow’s Veil”.

This availability will last until the start of Galactic Season 3. While we do not have the exact date of season 3 to share at this time, we will make sure to give players plenty of notice to ensure they can complete their progress and earn the titles. To be clear, Galactic Seasons 3 is NOT coming in 7.1.

Please note this change will not apply to the Galactic Season 2 Achievement “One With the Shadows”. We do see the feedback regarding how to improve Galactic Seasons achievements and are working towards solutions for this.

As always, we appreciate your efforts and feedback.

Catch you across the Galaxy!

Edited by JackieKo

Given the confusion and the lack of clarification until now of this, I suggest allowing <One with the Shadows> still to progress because many of us were using the reputation for conquest with the understanding that we would be able to continue both the reputation track and the achievement after Galactic Season 2 ended. If this had been clarified before or during Season 2, I could see the achievement not being obtainable afterwards, but, please, since this was not directly mentioned until now, please please please reconsider allowing <One with the Shadows> to be obtainable until Galactic Season 3 comes out. Thank you.

Ellia Clan Jendri

Given the confusion and the lack of clarification until now of this, I suggest allowing <One with the Shadows> still to progress because many of us were using the reputation for conquest with the understanding that we would be able to continue both the reputation track and the achievement after Galactic Season 2 ended. If this had been clarified before or during Season 2, I could see the achievement not being obtainable afterwards, but, please, since this was not directly mentioned until now, please please please reconsider allowing <One with the Shadows> to be obtainable until Galactic Season 3 comes out. Thank you.

Ellia Clan Jendri

This. I also hung on to my rep tokens to use after the season finished because I am maxed out on everything else. I am deeply disappointed at this reveal & I can't believe you waited until now (or four days before the end of the season) to say this.

Hiya players!

Galactic Seasons 3 is NOT coming in 7.1.

So we're looking at a 2023 2nd 3rd quarter update on Gs3 then ?

Guild really are picking up the slack of your lack of content, updates and freebies.

Example we do Conquest Seasons and reward people based off the conquest points they do over a 4 week period with cartel items, credits, datacrons, cartel packs, plus more rewards for how they rank amongst their guildies. We More generous then yall are with the Galactic season by a large margin. And we are in conquest season 3 right now.

Plus so many other guilds have reward programs for doing conquest so the players remain engaged.

I thank you for this update and letting ppl continue their reputation progress (that's what they asked for)

That being said it is Kinda sad the players have to do most of the work for you by making events to keep people entertained. I'd recommend getting things done please for the benefit of everybody.

Hiya players!

With the end of Galactic Season 2 we’ve seen confusion around the Shadow Syndicate reputation track. This Shadow Syndicate was a time limited reputation track released to expand the offerings of Galactic Season 2. When Galactic Season 2 ended the Syndicate Plans used to progress the reputation track were no longer available, though Qi’us Dnar remains available on Nar Shaddaa. We understand that players expected to be able to continue progressing this track even after the season ended and used the new reputation track to help progress Conquest. We’ll be making some adjustments with patch 7.1 to allow progress towards this reputation track to continue.

Syndicate Plan drops

With patch 7.1, Syndicate Plans will continue to drop from mobs across the Galaxy for players who have not completed the reputation track. Jawa Intel will also remain available from Brrazz on the Fleet to increase the chance to obtain Syndicate Plans. With this change players can continue to progress the Shadow Syndicate reputation and earn the Legacy titles “Shadow Initiate”, “Master of Shadows”, and “The Shadow’s Veil”.

This availability will last until the start of Galactic Season 3. While we do not have the exact date of season 3 to share at this time, we will make sure to give players plenty of notice to ensure they can complete their progress and earn the titles. To be clear, Galactic Seasons 3 is NOT coming in 7.1.

Please note this change will not apply to the Galactic Season 2 Achievement “One With the Shadows”. We do see the feedback regarding how to improve Galactic Seasons achievements and are working towards solutions for this.

While I am glad to see some of these changes, I have to say, we really should be able to still earn the "One with the Shadows" & "The Shadow of the Underworld" achievement, especially since you do not have an exact date for the start of GS3. Many players are close to getting the achievement, and seriously, what's the point of still earning the Syndicate plans, and gaining the reputation, if it doesn't count towards the achievement (And if there is no Reputation vendor)?

Although, I doubt any are in the position I am in, (I sent in a CS ticket asking about if it was intended that the One with the Shadows achievement wasn't counting new rep earned, only to have the CS agent that answered give me the achievement, and then after sending in a ticket asking why they granted it to me, the second agent took away the achievement (And reset my total earned from 51,114 to 0/70,000).

Seriously, Bryant... please reconsider this. Let us earn those achievements.

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

Ellia Clan Jendri

Disagree on that. The achievement quite clearly stated 'achieved max reputation DURING THE SEASON'. While I do agree in continuing to get reputation afterwards for the special titles etc., the cheevo should be a special reward for those who a) put in the extra effort or b) read the description.

Edited by Meiran

Disagree on that. The achievement quite clearly stated 'achieved max reputation DURING THE SEASON'. While I do agree in continuing to get reputation afterwards, the cheevo should be a special reward for those who a) put in the extra effort or b) read the description.

Disagree with that. What's the point of earning rep towards the Shadow Syndicate if it doesn't count towards the achivement? There is no rep vendor, and I don't know many people that use the legacy titles. The least they could do is let us earn tthat, and the overall achivement.

Disagree with that. What's the point of earning rep towards the Shadow Syndicate if it doesn't count towards the achivement? There is no rep vendor, and I don't know many people that use the legacy titles. The least they could do is let us earn tthat, and the overall achivement.

Just because you don't use the titles doesn't mean they aren't a reward.

And if they do that, what reward are those who did the event going to get that you don't get? But a new rep vendor would be good yeah.

Just because you don't use the titles doesn't mean they aren't a reward.

And if they do that, what reward are those who did the event going to get that you don't get? But a new rep vendor would be good yeah.

The same thing that players who did the event did? The Fen Zeil customization. Assuming they earned the rest of the requirements. I suppose I am coming off as salty, which I don't mean to be :o, but I've been on a CS rollercoaster about this achievement for a week, so, my opinion is pro-letting us get the achievement.

I suppose a rep vendor would be more work, but I never understood the lack of a vendor, and the weekly cap being so low...

The same thing that players who did the event did? The Fen Zeil customization. Assuming they earned the rest of the requirements. I suppose I am coming off as salty, which I don't mean to be :o, but I've been on a CS rollercoaster about this achievement for a week, so, my opinion is pro-letting us get the achievement.

I suppose a rep vendor would be more work, but I never understood the lack of a vendor, and the weekly cap being so low...

Thing is, you didn't do the event thing. Since launch, players that miss out on an event thing get less than those that don't. Rep vendor not being a thing was weird, yeah.

Cap was low so that you had to be dedicated to get the achievement. That's why imo it should be restricted to those that did it - they put the work in, read the cheevo description, etc.

I mean, I guess they could have made clear it only counted if got during the event, but the cheevo itself mentioned that.

Thing is, you didn't do the event thing. Since launch, players that miss out on an event thing get less than those that don't. Rep vendor not being a thing was weird, yeah.

Cap was low so that you had to be dedicated to get the achievement. That's why imo it should be restricted to those that did it - they put the work in, read the cheevo description, etc.

I mean, I guess they could have made clear it only counted if got during the event, but the cheevo itself mentioned that.

I mean, technically, I have everything else earned, BUT the One with the Shadows, and even then I was only 20k-ish away, like many others. And then I had my issue with CS, which reset my total. I think we are just going in circles over this, and just won't agree! ;) The thing I don't remember seeing mention of them being limited to only the event in any of the pre 7.0 articles, so... *Insert shrug emjoi*

I mean, technically, I have everything else earned, BUT the One with the Shadows, and even then I was only 20k-ish away, like many others. And then I had my issue with CS, which reset my total. I think we are just going in circles over this, and just won't agree! ;) The thing I don't remember seeing mention of them being limited to only the event in any of the pre 7.0 articles, so... *Insert shrug emjoi*

20k is still 5 weeks of work you'd need to put in. I can't remember seeing them either, but I always check achievements for things like this. If your total was reset, that should be fixed though.

Thing is, if this is made available, then EVERY other time limited achievement or reward ever should be made available again. Which is a whole different discussion, but still.

This reputation doesn't even have a reputation vendor. You got those plans quite literally for free, not handing them in just a mistake - but why exactly should I be excited about clicking the one item 5x per week? To get a 0 points achievement and a legacy title?

Add a reputation vendor already.

Hiya players!

Syndicate Plan drops

so, essentially, BW's unwillingness to inform players of things has cost players time and money.

good job. pretty par for the course, watching you guys eff up all over your own game, some more.

at some point you'll have to admit your own incompetence and beg for someone to hire actual game developers, not interns from the acme coding college.

so, essentially, BW's unwillingness to inform players of things has cost players time and money.

good job. pretty par for the course, watching you guys eff up all over your own game, some more.

at some point you'll have to admit your own incompetence and beg for someone to hire actual game developers, not interns from the acme coding college.

But...They did inform us. The achievement description was very clear.

All of the shadow syndicate achievement requirements were listed in the legacy page. I didn’t realize the reputation limit was going to get me until it was too late to get the 70k max. I wound up 6300 points short, and with plenty of reps still to redeem. I’ll be paying closer attention next time. I had a lot of fun working through GS2, even if I didn’t get the final Fen customization. Edited by Advocatis

Like many here, I was saving the rep for conquest and will be unable to get the achievement. That's on me for not looking carefully. Even though I personally like achievements, my attitude has soured on them recently due to the decision to remove points from some and, in this case, create new ones with no point value to begin with, just to cater to the so-called completionists that will inevitably whine because their "percentage" will not be able to read 100% in a category (other than a category they probably have no interest in like PvP). The decision to remove point values or create new ones without points is... well... pointless.

People either meet the requirements for the achievements or they do not. If it was time sensitive, so be it. Congrats to everybody that did what was necessary. They deserve a point value and I do not. My advice is to restore point values for old achievements, make sure all new ones have point values and then remove the completion percentages altogether. You can be at 100% and a new achievement is added and you are no longer at 100%, so why even pretend percentage matters? People earned the points they have and were disrespected when the points were taken away because somebody else cried.

I suspect in this case, since the achievements are all "pointless" nobody cared so much about the achievement itself, but the reward tied to it. Since it's a Galactic Season reward, I don't see why it can't just be added to the GS token vendor in a later season. That was kind of the whole point about GS rewards in that if you missed out on something from the past, you would have a chance to obtain it again in the future.

Edited by BRKMSN

Hiya players!

Syndicate Plan drops

I'm sorry, but you do realise you have i exactly the wrong way round!?

I found out, that you needed to hit legendary within the galactic seasons timeframe 7 weeks before the end of the season. Before then, I had assumed you just needed to earn enough rep. tokens during the season, that you could use them to hit max. reputation later. Which would havve made sense. You can only earn the currency during the event.

What doesn't make sense is that you make the weekly cap for turning in the reputation tokens ridiulously low, so that even someone (for example, not quite my case obviously) who joins seasons late can earn enough rep. for legendary reputation, but isn't able to complete the achievement because you slow him down so much turning them in. What is the logic of this? Please explain!

In my case, I would even just have made it, except you scheduled a back-end maintenance just for the end of seasons and, when I tried to log in about 15 minutes before to turn in my final reputation tokens it didn't let me onto the server any more (I was on a plane before with delay and couldn't log in prior, wasn't planning to log in so late).

This really was a stupid, stupid decision.

Gate the earning of the reputation tokens, not the handing in, or at least don't make the handing in so slow it takes about 10 weeks for a 20 week event and then pretend you can do the season whenever you want) and hide the fact in the small print.

Unless you want to really annoy a certain section of your loyal fan base.

I was so close to the achievement but then I ended hospitalized due to corona issues and lost a few tokens away from max rep. :( I had the tokens from previous weeks but was capped at weekly cap when i was admitted into the ER. Got to love real life.:rolleyes: Well at least I can say corona did not kill me....

Since GS3 is not starting for a while why not toggle the achievement back on ? ;)

Edited by Kirameki

But...They did inform us. The achievement description was very clear.

I disagree about it being clear. I thought the bit about "earn during the season" was in reference to the plans only being available during the season. Prior to the forum post about Qi’us Dnar being available after the season was over, I had been planning on finishing up the rep during the season since there was no indication as to how things would work afterwards.

However since there was a dev post indicating that we would still be able to get rep items from Qi’us Dnar, I ended up not finishing the track during the season so I could continue to get easy conquest. I bought the tokens I would need to finish off the last 4k rep in case something went wrong and Qi’us Dnar didn't stay live despite the dev post, but the thought of them just stopping the counter didn't even occur to me until reading this thread.

Hilariously, the thing that they felt was important enough to warn people about (season plans not dropping) didn't even turn out to be true since I got 20 last week from earning conquest due to poor programming, but the thing they didn't give people an extra warning about is the one that I guess "works."

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

Hiya players!

Syndicate Plan drops

As she who started the thread of moans about this, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU.

Hiya players!

Syndicate Plan drops

I still think you need to rework these seasons so that as soon as one ends the next one is starting... Like how SMITE and other games do it. No one else does a season and then has a half a year lapse between seasons. Too much downtime and not enough goals for solo players to work toward.

Additionally, I think all achievements should be available and you should realistically just start the season back up and allow people to continue progressing it until Season 3 is live.