Test Center News
Game Update 2.7 is Now Live on PTS!
Game Update 2.7 is now live on our Public Test Server! We encourage you to explore the new content and features! Get on, check everything out, and give us your feedback by posting on the Public Test Server forum.
Game Update 2.7 on PTS contains a host of new features including:
- New Flashpoints: Korriban Incursion and Assault on Tython – The beginnings of “Forged Alliances,” the new major storyline in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
- New Warzone: Quesh Huttball Pit – Baron Deathmark hosts the latest Huttball match on Quesh. Toxic sludge pipes will raid down acidic pain on anyone unlucky enough to get caught in the downpour!
- New Galactic Starfighter Domination Map: Denon Exosphere -The map features a wreckage field from the ongoing battle, a large strategic space station, and Republic and Imperial Capital Ships clashing over the ecumenopolis planet Denon.
- New Nightmare Mode Feature - Nightmare Power – Starting with Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress, a new feature is being introduced to Nightmare Mode Operations - Nightmare Power. This buff grants the usual additional health and damage to enemies that have been added to previous Nightmare Modes. Anyone powerful and coordinated enough to defeat Dread Master Brontes while under the effect of Nightmare Power will be granted a new unique title!
At a future date, we will remove this buff, leaving the new mechanics in place but the health and damage dealt will return to usual hard mode values, and the title will no longer be possible to obtain.
Please note, at this time, we will not be providing Customer Support for this test server. Attempts to file in-game tickets will result in an error message and will not be processed. Please use the Public Test Server Forums for feedback and any issues you may experience. All gameplay policies are still in place; inappropriate or abusive players will not be tolerated on the test server and we ask that you please report this behavior to Customer Support here.
To access the Public Test Server:
1. Log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic launcher using your username and password.
2. Click the Settings button (gear) in the bottom left corner of the launcher
3. Under “Enable Public Test Server Access”, select “Yes”
4. Click “Save”
5. Now the bottom left corner will have two buttons: select the new button next to settings
6. Under "Pick an Environment" select "Public Test"
7. Click "Next" and you will begin patching on the Public Test Server*
8. Click "Play"
To transfer your character the Public Test Server, follow these instructions:
1. Log into www.swtor.com.
2. Click on your account name in the top right hand corner of the site.
3. Click “My Account.”
4. In the left column, scroll down and click the link entitled “PTS Character Copy.”
5. Select the server and then the character that you wish to copy from.
6. Click the “Copy Character” button.
The site will display the current status of your character copy at the top of the page. Additionally, you can click the “View your character transfer history” link to see if the copy has completed.
Your feedback and participation are truly appreciated.
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team