To open the Abilities panel, press P. The Abilities panel displays the abilities that you and your companion have learned, as well as abilities that you can unlock through further training. The tabs on the bottom of the panel help organize your abilities by category, and the different ability types indicate their function. You can drag certain abilities from the Abilities panel into your Quickbar for easy use in combat.
- General: Non-combat abilities.
- Class: Abilities granted by your base class.
- Advanced Class: Abilities granted by your advanced class choice.
- Companion: Your currently summoned companion’s abilities. Your companion automatically uses abilities according to his or her current settings.
- Vehicles: Call any of the land vehicles that you have collected in your travels.
- Minipets: Allows you to summon any of the minipets your character has acquired.
- Active: Character buffs and support tools. You can drag these abilities to your Quickbar.
- Passive: Once earned, these abilities automatically bestow passive benefits, including equipment proficiencies and skill enhancements. You cannot activate these abilities or drag them to your Quickbar.
- Ranged: Ranged weapon attacks.
- Melee: Melee weapon attacks.
- Tech: Technology-based attacks that often hit for heavy damage and inflict various effects.
- Force: Abilities guided through use of the Force. They often hit for heavy damage and inflict various effects.
- See Trainer: Abilities that are currently available to you through your class trainer. You have not learned these abilities yet.