Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

Amp_
12.29.2011 , 10:54 AM | #21
You can find some good looking mod'able blasters. Like some others have said, I don't pay much attention to the blaster as much as I thought I would because my skills come from elsewhere.

MasterCboath
12.29.2011 , 07:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post
Boba actually used a carbine.

I picked up a pistol on Taris that actually looks like a small submachine gun, similar to a Tek-9 in style, with a scope on it.
which is a shortened version of a rifle

see in case - M4 from M16
For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is.

Thargrim
12.29.2011 , 07:47 PM | #23
Its mostly for looks people, the basic blaster shot animations and unload would look cooler if you were using a rifle. Its a matter of personal taste. I am more of a traditional guy, I prefer the rifles/carbines. Besides, they could just re use the Vanguard animations from Trooper, or slightly mod those to fit the BH better.

Rexking
12.29.2011 , 09:00 PM | #24
You can have the rifle, I GOT A MISSILE BATTERY.
S.O. Trecht: "There's not a finer sight in the galaxy than gassed rebels running out of a cave into the waiting blasters of your own battalion."
S.O. Trecht: "Well-perhaps sunrises. But for those, you have to wake up early."

Oappo
12.29.2011 , 09:02 PM | #25
I'll never understand why Bioware decided to restrict classes/advanced classes with specific weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden
Well it won't be a release date or anything like that. Probably some lame update about polishing rocks or cleaning windows for SWTOR. Maybe a cafeteria workers perspective on what serving lunch in the Bioware office is like.

Amien
12.29.2011 , 10:56 PM | #26
I think 2 factors for this are:
1.) The way the game works, all tanks use shield generators in their off hand
2.) It keeps class rolls equal. both factions have 1 rifle class, and 1 blaster class

My 2 cents. Personally, I don't really care.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

ChooseStevo
12.30.2011 , 07:43 AM | #27
Bounty Hunters without Rifles is an utter travesty against all Star Wars kind in my opinion. It's just wrong. It is clearly a bug. It must be. No one could make a decision this poor and let it ship with the game.

Bounty Hunter: Weapon of Choice
Boba Fett: BlasTech EE-3 Carbine Rifle
4-LOM: BlasTech W-90 Concussion Rifle
Bossk: Relby-v10 Micro Grenade Launcher
Dengar: Valken-38 Blaster Rifle
IG-88: BlasTech DLT-20A Blaster Rifle
Zuckuss: GRS-1 Snare Rifle

Considering these are the only bounty hunters who count, I find the inability to use rifles to be downright offensive.

Darth-Reaver
12.30.2011 , 07:51 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
8 year olds that saw Jango Fett.

Pretty sure the most well known and bad *** Bounty Hunter in the entire galaxy uses a Blastech EE3.
What he said.

I would love to see the option for Powertechs to use rifiles/Carbines.

Mezzix
12.30.2011 , 08:01 AM | #29
Not to mention the fact that The Defenestrator, who you meet in game and is one of the previous winners of the Great Hunt, uses a sniper rifle.

Obviously bounty hunters galaxy wide aren't as limited in weapon selection as we are.

RycheMykola
12.30.2011 , 09:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterCboath View Post
which is a shortened version of a rifle

see in case - M4 from M16
Carbine is still a different classification of weapon. They usually have folding stocks with much shorter barrels.

Manuveuring with a full sized battle rifle doing CQB is pretty difficult also.

This is like saying a submachine gun is just a lengthened pistol, or a pistol is a short submachinegun.

If you ever saw Boba's EE3, it is not a "short rifle".