Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Movies vs. Swtor trailers

boxingdog
12.28.2011 , 04:37 PM | #1
The trailers in this game are awesome. Why didn't the new movies (1-3) meet this standard, and what are the odds they'd make a cartoon with this level of awesome.

BrandonSM
12.28.2011 , 06:01 PM | #2
Another Prequel Hater... sigh.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Wolfninjajedi
12.28.2011 , 06:09 PM | #3
Um..lets see...because all the trailers were shot with complete CGI? And the PT used real actors with CGI thrown in, plus sets? Not to mention your comparing game trailers to movies, and even then the PT was made far earlier then the game trailers.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Bielduwyn
12.28.2011 , 10:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Another Prequel Hater... sigh.
You can't blame them for it. One trailer has more sense making plot and more realistic sounding dialogue than the entire prequel trilogy combined.

That said, I don't see them making a series of Blur's CGI animation, as that level of animation is expensive as all hell. Part of the reason why the current Clone Wars cartoon has that style of animation is that it's far cheaper to make than photorealistic CGI.

BrandonSM
12.28.2011 , 10:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bielduwyn View Post
You can't blame them for it. One trailer has more sense making plot and more realistic sounding dialogue than the entire prequel trilogy combined.
The only bad acting I saw was Hayden, Natalie Portman and, the chancellor.

Ewan McGregor's Acting blew Mark Hamill's out the water. Watch the OT, look how late Mark is to respond. I'm not hating on the OT, I love it better than the PT I'm just saying that you guys really hate on the PT for no good reason.

The first movie was meant for kids. And it is for kids. My niece and nephew love the first episode.

And then Lucas tried to balance Kids and old OT fans with Episode 2, I blame it on his plot.

Episode 3 was the best of the PT. Hayden was getting better, Ewan was the same good one. Palpatine got better as well.

The only good arguement you guys have is the OT had better plot and that is true. But what else is there that makes it better with true evidence?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Camthylion
12.28.2011 , 10:29 PM | #6
Bioware should be hired to make a movie for star wars? I think so...
Squadron 1020th and 367th

Haristo
12.29.2011 , 12:01 AM | #7

That said, I don't see them making a series of Blur's CGI animation, as that level of animation is expensive as all hell. Part of the reason why the current Clone Wars cartoon has that style of animation is that it's far cheaper to make than photorealistic CGI.
also because it's cartoonish and for childrens...

Bielduwyn
12.29.2011 , 12:06 AM | #8
Which is why we have long, bland political talk going on for minutes in Episode I, decapitations and suggested **** in Episode II and slaughter of children and body horror in Episode III.

Yup, sounds like stuff for kids to me.

And Hayden can act, he has a limited range but within it he certainly can act, Natalie Portman has won an oscar and Ian McDiarmid is a formidable actor.

Just that neither of those three can work with the terrible drivel that they were supposed to act out against bland blue screens instead of immersive sets (like the lovingly crafted sets of Lord of the Rings, or, y'know, the original trilogy).

Fortunately for all of us Bioware writers at great at making convincing dialogue.

BrandonSM
12.29.2011 , 12:30 AM | #9
Which is why we have long, bland political talk going on for minutes in Episode I, decapitations and suggested **** in Episode II and slaughter of children and body horror in Episode III.

Yup, sounds like stuff for kids to me.

And Hayden can act, he has a limited range but within it he certainly can act, Natalie Portman has won an oscar and Ian McDiarmid is a formidable actor.

Episode 1 was for kids. Jar Jar Binks, C-3PO and, Anakin were all for Kids. The political talk was.. what a total of 20 minutes out of a four hour movie?

Ep. 2, is the worst because it achieved nothing. It had no goal.

I never said Ep. 3 was for kids, just Episode 1 and a failed Ep 2.

Natalie is a good actor, in SW she was at her worst. In Black Swan she was at her best. And winning Oscar doesn't make you a good actor. Ian McDiarmid is a highly acclaimed actor except SW he was at his worst.

I only hate on Episode 2. It seemed to have no goal and no target audience. Ep 1, achieved the goal of appealing to kids with one action moment that all Kids movies have. Ep 3 appealed to Adults and Hardcore SW Fans. Ep. 3 was the movie that made everything make sense in The OT. Vader's turn, how the Empire came to be so powerful, the Emperor's power and why Vader was so loyal to him. How Powerful Yoda and Obi Wan were in their prime.

mynimoe
12.29.2011 , 02:46 AM | #10
Ep. 2 And Ep. 3 were the best simply because they had Hayden Christiansen in them. I don't care if he can't act. He can just stand on screen without a shirt on and I am quite content.