Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game won't work.

PeachesTheHut
12.28.2011 , 09:06 AM | #1
As soon as I open the game all I get is a black screen with the SWTOR pointer and I can hear the sounds, but it just wont display the game! and i don't know why. But i can do everything else on the same screen just fine. Anyone have ideas?

renegadeimp
12.28.2011 , 09:07 AM | #2
Post your dxdiag log. It sounds like your drivers aren't up to date, or your gpu is under minimum specs.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

PeachesTheHut
12.28.2011 , 09:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Post your dxdiag log. It sounds like your drivers aren't up to date, or your gpu is under minimum specs.
It says on all of them, no problems found. Its not that my gpu is under min specs, if it'll work on my laptop it should sure as hell work on my desktop. Ive got a Radeon HD 5700 series, plugged in via HDMI cable to my nice new big Acer monitor. It'll let me log in, but that's all it will let me see, then it goes black. i dont get it!

grupurt
12.28.2011 , 09:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by PeachesTheHut View Post
It says on all of them, no problems found. Its not that my gpu is under min specs, if it'll work on my laptop it should sure as hell work on my desktop. Ive got a Radeon HD 5700 series, plugged in via HDMI cable to my nice new big Acer monitor. It'll let me log in, but that's all it will let me see, then it goes black. i dont get it!
Do you have this problem running anything else?

Flipsed
12.28.2011 , 09:24 AM | #5
I have been having the same problem, everything is up to date as well and tried the tips on the forum. Also using raedon

grupurt
12.28.2011 , 09:27 AM | #6
Had a problem like this at times in the past when my video card was set to a resolution that was different than the native resolution of my monitor. Make sure your card is is set to whatever your monitor is.

PeachesTheHut
12.28.2011 , 09:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by grupurt View Post
Do you have this problem running anything else?
I just opened DC Universe and it worked perfectly fine and looked great! I'm not sure what it is but its starting to piss me off. When i move the mouse i can hear it going over servers but i cant see it!

grupurt
12.28.2011 , 11:14 AM | #8
If you can, update Windows, video and sound drivers. If they are the newest, do a roll back to earlier drivers.