Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Video] SWG - A History and Biography

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
[Video] SWG - A History and Biography

kclemens
12.28.2011 , 01:35 AM | #1
I never played SWG Pre-CU, but this video is a great thing to watch while in queue or when bored.

It highlights many things that this game could or should have. It shows how in-depth the game could be and possibly some ideas to implement.

I found it while looking for information about SWG Pre-CU and NGE. The video shows how SOE killed their game; Very thorough and detailed.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ep...tar-wars/38466
The Crucible Pits

LoL-K-Noob
12.28.2011 , 01:36 AM | #2
Game was dieing before the update, hence why they implemented it trying to save it. SWG was just a sinking ship that finally submerged.

KetMalice
12.28.2011 , 01:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Game was dieing before the update, hence why they implemented it trying to save it. SWG was just a sinking ship that finally submerged.
No, the game was there, SOE just screwed it up. There were bugs...that never got fixed. The game was fine other than the bugs.

DarthTolis
12.28.2011 , 01:42 AM | #4
I hope you used force shield to counteract the flame you gonna get.

Don't bother, people won't even watch the video and will give the "this is not SWG2.0" go away response.

Me though, I know exactly where you are comming from.
Intel i7 870@2.93Ghz, 8Gigs RAM DDR5,MSI 580GTX,Windows 7x64,295.53 Catalyst Drivers
5fps-20fps on any setting is unacceptable BW get your act together!

kclemens
12.28.2011 , 01:45 AM | #5
Just thought people might want to see the video. I think it's well worth watching.
The Crucible Pits

TalkingDinosaur
12.28.2011 , 01:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
No, the game was there, SOE just screwed it up. There were bugs...that never got fixed. The game was fine other than the bugs.
SWG was good in its first years, but then SOE tried to "fix" it.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Robbathehutt
12.28.2011 , 02:06 AM | #7
This was a very interesting video. I never played SWG and the video was very informative about what I missed. Thank you for posting it.
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

GHeissi
12.28.2011 , 02:09 AM | #8
I used to be a ranger, then I got an upgrade to the knee.

The big planets with all the player created towns were amazing. The town I lived in even had it's own website.

Where is player housing now in modern MMOs?

kclemens
12.28.2011 , 02:09 AM | #9
I'm watching the whole series they are all awesome... I am sick of questing atm haha
The Crucible Pits

LrdStryfe
12.28.2011 , 02:36 AM | #10
Made me sad.
Hey man, this is just my opinion - it's just advice. So calm down, it's only a game after all. You can do whatever the **** you wanna do!