Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance
12.28.2011 , 01:22 AM | #1
Girl gamer chiming in - there is literally nothing appealing about this guy. He is an ant. He only ever talks about ants, the hive or finding other hives, and if I leave his armor piercing combat stance on then he stands in the storeroom of my ship pumping out a nasty green pheromone cloud.

Whoever wrote this particular romance - why is the only option for a female Imperial Agent a dehumanized bugman? The flirt options are so ridiculously contrived, he sits there nattering away about his ants and all of a sudden I come out with "HOW ABOUT SOME ALONE TIME WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" and he's all "that would be nice, also THE HIVE IS CALLING ME I HEAR THE SONG OF THE UNIVERSE!"

The whole point of a good romance subplot is the object of your character's affections is meant to have some likable qualities. This dude is repellent, it's like trying to flirt with a rock. A rock covered in ants. I'm keeping up with the romance sub-plot purely because I keep thinking "There's GOT to be something that saves this from being completely awful...right?" and like a car accident, I just can't quite look away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying romance sub-plots should be lovey-dovey cuddlefests, but this guy kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

pixxpixx
12.28.2011 , 01:24 AM | #2
I laughed for quite a while about this.
Liliaeth - 50 Juggernaut (Main)
Pixx - 27 Operative (Shelved)
I will personally burn everything Iíve made to the f***ing ground if I think I can catch them in the flames. - Mike Krahulik

TooHighToDie
12.28.2011 , 01:26 AM | #3
Now I have to play a female agent just to see this.

CookieRaider
12.28.2011 , 01:26 AM | #4
Great Poast! Would read again! +1!

lunabaguna
12.28.2011 , 01:27 AM | #5
Go sith warrior, Quinn is dreamy
Wow was copying Mario Brothers in every respect.
-A world (or many worlds)
-the color red in game
-you have to buy it

CheesecakeCzar
12.28.2011 , 01:27 AM | #6
Except my female friend absolutely loves him, and so do I. He's just such a nice guy and I love his hair.

EDIT: I'm bagging him when they release same-gender romance arcs!
Nobody expects <The Imperial Inquisition>! (RP-PvP) Aid us in our mission to hunt down all traitors and dissenters within the Sith Empire!
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/37572/imperial-inquisition CE VIP

Oappo
12.28.2011 , 01:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
Girl gamer chiming in - there is literally nothing appealing about this guy. He is an ant. He only ever talks about ants, the hive or finding other hives, and if I leave his armor piercing combat stance on then he stands in the storeroom of my ship pumping out a nasty green pheromone cloud.

Whoever wrote this particular romance - why is the only option for a female Imperial Agent a dehumanized bugman? The flirt options are so ridiculously contrived, he sits there nattering away about his ants and all of a sudden I come out with "HOW ABOUT SOME ALONE TIME WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" and he's all "that would be nice, also THE HIVE IS CALLING ME I HEAR THE SONG OF THE UNIVERSE!"

The whole point of a good romance subplot is the object of your character's affections is meant to have some likable qualities. This dude is repellent, it's like trying to flirt with a rock. A rock covered in ants. I'm keeping up with the romance sub-plot purely because I keep thinking "There's GOT to be something that saves this from being completely awful...right?" and like a car accident, I just can't quite look away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying romance sub-plots should be lovey-dovey cuddlefests, but this guy kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.
Oh god.....rofl. I wanna see this now.

And with a name like "Vector Hyllis" did you really expect something different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaden
Well it won't be a release date or anything like that. Probably some lame update about polishing rocks or cleaning windows for SWTOR. Maybe a cafeteria workers perspective on what serving lunch in the Bioware office is like.

Tebbo
12.28.2011 , 01:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post

I LOLd pretty hard at the first paragraph. Hahaahahahaah wow, good writing!

Also I guess that sucks :|

I quite like Kira

Blk_who
12.28.2011 , 01:30 AM | #9
great post is great.
I hope they adjust that companion to your liking.
In the heart of the strong shines a relentless ray of resolve. It cannot be stopped, it cannot be controlled, and it will not fail.

CheesecakeCzar
12.28.2011 , 01:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blk_who View Post
I hope they adjust that companion to your liking.
Please don't. Not every fine guy in the galaxy is a Han Solo. D:
Nobody expects <The Imperial Inquisition>! (RP-PvP) Aid us in our mission to hunt down all traitors and dissenters within the Sith Empire!
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/37572/imperial-inquisition CE VIP