Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter (Mercenary) OR Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunter (Mercenary) OR Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

Nonnak
12.13.2011 , 04:24 PM | #1
I am having a hard time deciding between bounty hunter and sith inquisitor. I played bounty hunter in beta and it was really fun but I never got a chance to try the inquisitor. I like spell casting I was a warlock in WoW so I am kinda thinking inquisitor but after looking at some videos it seems like all they can do is cast lighting spells which seems like it would get boring. Does anyone have experience with the inquisitor that can give me some feedback or any good links that show the class overall. Also the sorcerer can dps not just heal right?

Sitnaras
12.13.2011 , 04:47 PM | #2
Im having the same issue deciding bewteen the two...I like the fact that you can have heavier armor with the BH but at the same time its hard to pass up the heals. The question is....will i be too squishy as a sorcerer? Or could madness serve as a DoT type of tree that heals me while being able to be mobile?

zDiggerz
12.13.2011 , 07:52 PM | #3
I have played both classes to the 40 range in beta. The SI as a healer spec, the BH as mainly merc dps.

The BH is an AOE master and levels faster. Having heavy armor is also big...you can take a beating, plus remember even dps spec'd the BH can toss a heal or two on themselves or others - in a pinch. You won't be healing a flashpoint at level 30, but it's handy while leveling. IF you spec BH healer - you can go full healer or do a healer/dps hybrid.

The SI is a fun caster that yes, tosses lightning. You can go full dps in lightning or more the dot approach in the Madness tree. Both do good dps from what I can tell. Realize though that the SI is very dependent while leveling on the tank companion, Khem, because if mobs get on the SI in that light armor it's pretty messy! So you do need to stay at range.

SI healer spec is good, only challenge while leveling was no AOE ability until level 34 when Force Storm is available.

Each class is good - just depends on what your goal is in game and how you like to play.
Peace is a lie, there is only PASSION. Through passion, I gain STRENGTH. Through strength, I gain POWER. Through power, I gain VICTORY. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me. - Sith Code

Amarath
12.13.2011 , 09:21 PM | #4
Here it is, sorcs are the most boring class in the game. From their equipment, to abilities.
Their story is ok, sages are visual ok looking and their ability to chuck random objects at people is cool, however, sages story is blahh.

Now BH are cool all around, their abilities are the best looking in the game. They themselves have some of the coolest armor (quite a large variation also).
Sorcs are good for one reason they are strong, their dps is good but mercs is also top notch (i say merc> sorcs for damage [more aoe, more instas, etc]). its actually healing sorcs have the advantage in.

Sitnaras
12.14.2011 , 01:06 AM | #5
Thanks alot for the insight appreciate it, most likely will be going with the mercenary. I'm not too big on the healing in the first place so i think'd id rather depend on my survivabilty and heavy armor rather then the heals.