Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Congraulations, slicing is worthless now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Congraulations, slicing is worthless now

Trecares
12.27.2011 , 01:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cujef View Post
So just because you can't make a ton of credits with ZERO effort, you think a skill is now totally worthless? You do realize you can prototype quality augments, missions, and schematics that sell for thousands of credits on the auction hall right?

Quit whining...
Missions are one time things and thus have to be at a cheap enough point for the purchaser to feel they would at least have a chance to make a profit on top of the purchase price + mission cost. Sometimes you get lucky and get a decent amount, other times it's barely better than the mission cost. So It'd be nuts to sell a mission for anything more than a few thousand right now.

Augments are only used on crafted items that got a crit which is a very small pool. All of the schematics I've gotten so far are for starship upgrades, so has everyone else. I think the market there is a bit oversaturated. One of my brothers has gotten FIVE of the same schematic from slicing.

Bioware has a lot of other stuff they need to fix first.

CapC
12.27.2011 , 01:10 PM | #12
I hope people are ready to see some astonishingly absurd mission prices.

Negative returns on lockbox missions with 400 slicing?

Poor decisions from the get go, lets hope this doesn't turn into a DAOC economy.

It is WAY to early to be having knee jerk reactions and swinging the nerf bat.

Cujef
12.27.2011 , 01:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Trecares View Post
Missions are one time things and thus have to be at a cheap enough point for the purchaser to feel they would at least have a chance to make a profit on top of the purchase price + mission cost. Sometimes you get lucky and get a decent amount, other times it's barely better than the mission cost. So It'd be nuts to sell a mission for anything more than a few thousand right now.

Augments are only used on crafted items that got a crit which is a very small pool. All of the schematics I've gotten so far are for starship upgrades, so has everyone else. I think the market there is a bit oversaturated. One of my brothers has gotten FIVE of the same schematic from slicing.

Bioware has a lot of other stuff they need to fix first.
Valid point. Maybe for the interim, it's time to swap over to a more usable mission skill.

TheRealBrave
12.27.2011 , 01:17 PM | #14
Slicing really is entirely useless now.

Evalyn
12.27.2011 , 01:26 PM | #15
<.<
So what about the boxes you find out and around the world? They gotten a nerf too? Because I rarely sent my guy to get a lockbox, I just found them everywhere and made money that way.

Someone explain how it is useless? Was it that big of a nerf?

Trineda
12.27.2011 , 01:58 PM | #16
Hello everyone,

The recent changes to Slicing are a hot topic right now. We are closing this thread in order to keep this discussion organized. Please redirect your posts to the current thread on the Slicing changes. We appreciate your understanding, Thank You!