Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Congraulations, slicing is worthless now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Congraulations, slicing is worthless now

Trecares
12.27.2011 , 12:49 PM | #1
Slicing serves no function at all now. Augements are junk, and you don't really make any money on slicing now.

It was the one thing that helped make the game bearable with the imbalanced economy. Good luck to everyone trying to save up for their skills and mounts, buying gear, etc.

Nice job with the knee jerk reaction Bioware.

Ninite
12.27.2011 , 12:51 PM | #2
200credits win with 20 minutes mission. \o/

Quacklesnap
12.27.2011 , 12:54 PM | #3
Overreactions incoming.

Nobody has had time to gather enough data on the slicing nerf. Wait and see if it's still profitable. If it isn't, then the skill seems rather useless, that is all. It's not game-breaking, get over yourself.

MeurigVII
12.27.2011 , 12:55 PM | #4
Well was expecting something like a small margin of gain... However now that they made it so you loose money from slicing... Armstech? Time to support my mercenary I guess

McVade
12.27.2011 , 12:57 PM | #5
You guys are still ahead of us humble Biochems, considering our profession is so unprofitable that I had to put off getting my speeder until level 28 in order to keep sending my people on missions.

I have two friends that made 250,000 credits and 500,000 credits respectively in their 30s with Slicing. You guys have nothing to complain about. I'm probably grossing -125,000 by leveling Biochem.
The Official Unofficial Figurehead Of The December Procrastinators.
Fixed for George Lucas
Quote: Originally Posted by Ossos View Post
"I'm going to keep paying $15 a month for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

Cujef
12.27.2011 , 12:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Trecares View Post
Slicing serves no function at all now. Augements are junk, and you don't really make any money on slicing now.

It was the one thing that helped make the game bearable with the imbalanced economy. Good luck to everyone trying to save up for their skills and mounts, buying gear, etc.

Nice job with the knee jerk reaction Bioware.
So just because you can't make a ton of credits with ZERO effort, you think a skill is now totally worthless? You do realize you can prototype quality augments, missions, and schematics that sell for thousands of credits on the auction hall right?

Quit whining...

Clayburn
12.27.2011 , 12:57 PM | #7
Yeah, it looks like they made it as useless as the rest of the crew skills. So, rather than fix the crafting aspect of the game, they just decided to smash the only thing that could turn a profit.

So, basically this isn't an MMO. It's just another KOTOR, but subscription-based.

Trecares
12.27.2011 , 12:58 PM | #8
I've had enough data from lockboxes on my character that I hadn't opened yet. But thank you for playing.

Evenios
12.27.2011 , 12:58 PM | #9
Honestly good to know now before i picked it :-)

kintt
12.27.2011 , 12:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cujef View Post
So just because you can't make a ton of credits with ZERO effort, you think a skill is now totally worthless? You do realize you can prototype quality augments, missions, and schematics that sell for thousands of credits on the auction hall right?

Quit whining...
People who were slicers didn't want to have to bother dealing with that aspect of the game, else they would have taken a real crafting job.