Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is Slicing on live?

Fardarter
12.13.2011 , 04:12 PM | #1
I think I have a few more days to wait to play. Has anyone taken Slicing? Is it still paying? I was under the impression it would be nerfed hard when I was in beta.

smulx
12.14.2011 , 02:38 AM | #2
I'd like to know this too if anyone can answer.

bennyrosso
12.14.2011 , 02:39 AM | #3
Me too pls.

Ragter
12.14.2011 , 03:06 AM | #4
its nerfed but still gives you extra credits as you adventure.

had about 17-20k ish around level 17 but was spending money on crafting.
Ragter - Republic Guild Leader
All Out Assault - Website/ Republic Recruitment Thread/ Sith Recruitment Thread
All Out Assault - Not just a guild...but a gaming community

The_Old_One
12.14.2011 , 03:22 AM | #5
But you have to remember, during the early days, there will not be enough stuff in the market for sale. So you may not have enough materials to craft what you need. Even if there are in the market, it is likely that it will overpriced for the sheer demand.

Having credits in one thing; having something useful to spend on is another. This is something you have to take into consideration.

I will have an alt doing Slicing but my main will be doing the more traditional crafting.

Ragter
12.14.2011 , 03:26 AM | #6
Stockpiling money to then dump into a mission skill when you can send out 4 companions at once doesn't put you as far behind as one would think.

Also making that 1-30 gear seems nice but in a week everyone will have out leveled it as well.

Now if you are looking to use the GTN to make money then all the power to you. I dislike playing GTN to make money.
Ragter - Republic Guild Leader
All Out Assault - Website/ Republic Recruitment Thread/ Sith Recruitment Thread
All Out Assault - Not just a guild...but a gaming community

xIcingdeathx
12.14.2011 , 04:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ragter View Post
its nerfed but still gives you extra credits as you adventure.

had about 17-20k ish around level 17 but was spending money on crafting.
I don't think that's nerfed. I did slicing multiple times through beta and roughly recall that many credits around that level.

When I was 23 or 24 it jumped up to 45-50kish, which is a lot more than what other people seemed to have

Tuldilel
12.14.2011 , 08:57 AM | #8
You need 50k or so at 25 for the mount. 50k is exactly where you need to be.

Eeyore
12.14.2011 , 09:02 AM | #9
So if you are taking slicing for one of your skills are you just gathering for the other 2? I wanted to do cybertech but if i take slicing i am going to lose one of the gathering skills i would need for it. Unless the credit intake would overshadow what i would have to pay for materials to craft what i wanted. Any opinions?

Harsh-
12.14.2011 , 09:04 AM | #10
40k for the training for the mount from your class trainer, then another 8k for the actual mount itself. total of 48k. And all 3 times I played and got my sith warrior past lvl 30+ and by then I had over 60k credits without doing any crafting profs