Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTOR 1 AND 2 SWTOR republic army missing in movies *** happend to it ???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
KOTOR 1 AND 2 SWTOR republic army missing in movies *** happend to it ???

Atsurak
12.28.2011 , 06:55 AM | #11
i always find it amusing that within a single generation - about 15-20 years in fact, given the age of Luke at the time of New Hope - the Jedi have gone from being a thousands (at least) strong order, conducting military operations, essentially running the entire galaxy... to being, at best, considered a myth, and the force considered to be an imaginary concept :P
i realise its just because they hadnt really come up with the background when New Hope was made, but it still makes me laugh.

I also find it amusing that 3-4000 years earlier (ie. in ToR times), so many locations are basically identical... Anchorhead is still a rundown dirtpoor port on Tatooine, Dorn Base is still on Hoth, etc. and theres no real explanation for why this would be the case.

Ziro
12.28.2011 , 11:33 AM | #12
also the mention in one of the issues of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" comic that every planet had an army or large security force. so each planet was able to handle its own problems.

xDarthAgonyX
12.29.2011 , 03:06 AM | #13
you would think they would see something like the Trade Federation coming. Dont say it was because the Sith had been gone they didnt even know the Sith were backing the trade federation till episode 2. Its like with the Soviet Union and the United States you didnt see America being any less strict with its armed forces after the Soviet Union collapsed which at the time was really the only thing competing against us like the Sith were the only threat to the Republic
░▒▓▓▌╞Crimson Legion╡▐▓▓▒░