Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Custom Gear people - Cybernetics or Armormech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Custom Gear people - Cybernetics or Armormech?

VectorKeth
12.13.2011 , 04:02 PM | #1
I'm interested in pursuing the custom gear system, swapping upgrades as I level while keeping a consistent look. Would it be better to go with Armormech, to obtain the patterns for the armor pieces, or with Cybernetics, to craft the mods?

Boissi
12.13.2011 , 04:16 PM | #2
Cybertech. If all you want is one good looking armor to keep upgrading (per slot), it's easier to just buy one off ah, or possibly find one while questing, compared to constantly having to find/buy better upgrades.

VectorKeth
12.13.2011 , 04:18 PM | #3
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if Armormech had any hidden benefits I didn't know about.

Grumblejin
12.13.2011 , 05:11 PM | #4
i did cybertech in 2 betas up to past 200 and it worked well.

DoomFrog
12.13.2011 , 06:21 PM | #5
Armormech will let you make the customizable gear, but they won't have mods.

Cybertech will let you make most all of the mods for the armor, but you will have to find or buy the armor with the look you want.
One day there will be a game that I can play as a Jedi Ewok..... and it will be glorious.

Froederick
12.13.2011 , 07:15 PM | #6
I'm going to go cybertech, mostly because it's what I want to do, but one hidden benefit is if you get tired of your look it should be easier to change with low level orange gear. Also I believe it would allow you to wear gear with looks not tailored to your class as long as you meet the armor requirements. (i.e. JK wearing trooper orange gear because the only requirement is heavy armor)