Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how do you fire the photon torpedoes in ship missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help

DarthDemens
02.06.2012 , 08:36 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxpass View Post
So now the question is, how do you NOT fire photon torpedoes at those targets? On Clouds of Vondoru, I one shot the first three shield generators with torpedoes, then I can't fire normal missiles at the fourth.
You use your 4th torpedo on it.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

Heebicka
02.06.2012 , 08:41 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
So can you lock on with missiles with torpedoes equipped, or not?

Do torpedoes affect your ability to fire missiles at softer targets, like medium-size ships and turrets?
yes, you can,
I think main confusion here is due to higher range of proton torpedoes.

You can lock and fire a proton torpedo sooner than normal missile which looks like normal missiles aren't working. They do, just wait for a while to get closer

PeterSith
02.06.2012 , 01:15 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Airees View Post
You manually aim and don't hold the right mouse button. By just clicking the right button you can free fire missiles. Also, eventhough the counter says 3 you actually have 4 torpedoes, one is in the chamber. Was struggling with the same thing for a long time untill I realized that.
Very helpful post, works for me now!
(▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇۞ʭ≬▩▩▩▩≬ʭ۞▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇)

Asherett
02.06.2012 , 04:12 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Heebicka View Post
yes, you can,
I think main confusion here is due to higher range of proton torpedoes.

You can lock and fire a proton torpedo sooner than normal missile which looks like normal missiles aren't working. They do, just wait for a while to get closer
Nope. I've run Clouds of Vondoru a ton of times, I know exactly when I should be able to fire missiles. When I have torpedoes installed, I can't fire missiles at the 4 shield generators or the bridge (and the BRIDGE is the whole damn reason you bring the torpedoes, which is why 4 will not cover it). Of course I can fire missiles at everything else.

va_wanderer
02.06.2012 , 04:14 PM | #35
What there should be is a key that lets you swap between your missile bay and your torpedo bay. That'd fix things right there.

DarthDemens
02.06.2012 , 10:01 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Asherett View Post
Nope. I've run Clouds of Vondoru a ton of times, I know exactly when I should be able to fire missiles. When I have torpedoes installed, I can't fire missiles at the 4 shield generators or the bridge (and the BRIDGE is the whole damn reason you bring the torpedoes, which is why 4 will not cover it). Of course I can fire missiles at everything else.
Don't bother firing a torpedo at the Bridge. It's bugged currently, and gives no reward for completing that bonus. Use your torps on the shields.

Once you're out of torps, or while they're reloading, you can fire missiles like normal.

chrismank
02.06.2012 , 10:22 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Orangerascal View Post
In order to fire torpedoes, Mr. Worf needs to be one of your companions on the ship. Yep, I went there

Asherett
02.07.2012 , 03:11 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
Once you're out of torps, or while they're reloading, you can fire missiles like normal.
Not true.

DarthDemens
02.07.2012 , 09:14 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Asherett View Post
Not true.
Very true.

If your icon is purple, you still have a torp left.

If its not, missiles go back to normal.

Benwars
02.12.2012 , 01:30 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DurdensWrath View Post
Why can't you just hit the "M" key to swap between them? You know, like I did with Tie Fighter nearly 18 years ago.
Because they actually cared about the space combat in that game whereas they very apparently do not in this game. Funny to think, Tie Fighter was an awesome space combat game and was less than 10MB (I think). Most of us have 500GB+ and they can't make a space combat game worth a nickel now.

Seriously, developers... these proton torpedoes... this is really the best you could do with it? Maybe you should go back to coding mobile phone apps.