Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how do you fire the photon torpedoes in ship missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
how do you fire the photon torpedoes in ship missions?

LordRdj
01.22.2012 , 08:23 PM | #21
I finally figured out how to complete Clouds of Vonduru thanks to this thread!

I was able to use regular missiles previously before patch 1.1. Then I wasn't able to and couldn't figure out why. Just wanted to say thanks to those who provided real help as I'm once again able to complete the daily space missions!

Baronrobber
01.28.2012 , 12:16 AM | #22
Agreed worst weapon by far.. takes way to long to loc on and if u move slightly such as flying the ship you lose loc. useless

Epicrisis
02.02.2012 , 01:18 AM | #23
The proton torpedoes seemed bad at first, but I like them. Like people have said, its not that bad once you get use to it. I'd rather blow something up with one long click than 6 missiles.

Felioats
02.02.2012 , 02:20 AM | #24
So can you lock on with missiles with torpedoes equipped, or not?

Do torpedoes affect your ability to fire missiles at softer targets, like medium-size ships and turrets?
>

Shingara
02.02.2012 , 03:35 AM | #25
the only time protons mess up normal missiles when you have them equiped is if you try to line up multi missile shoots. So far that is what i have found if you do a quick lock and fire normals will still be launched.

Of course it should be changed so you can rotate what missiles fire via scroll wheel or a button press but thats another debate for another day really.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

bdebliek
02.04.2012 , 03:33 PM | #26
Nah, its a debate for NOW, they should fix it asap along with a lot of other bugs/poor designs in this game. i guess it will just take time.

Randomness
02.04.2012 , 04:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDVS View Post
When you get a WMD with no instructions, only bad things will come of it!
Well said.

DragonSquig
02.05.2012 , 11:32 PM | #28
Bioware please read this thread. So many ways to fix this without the player (payor) being anoyed.

Good game would be great with some simple fixes...
DragonSquig

MustrumRidcully
02.06.2012 , 04:04 AM | #29
You don't! Wrong game!
Oh, wait, this was done before. Dang.

You need them to lock on by holding the key.

It kinda feels as if Proton Torpedoes are a hidden way to raise mission difficulty again. But I am not sure they actually get harder. I believe the issue is more that proton torpedoes requrie a different approach to these missions. Since we "mastered" the mission without proton torpedoes, this can be very confusing.

But on the other hand - finally I can destroy those dang bridges!

Asherett
02.06.2012 , 06:45 AM | #30
I find NO way of firing normal missiles at the Cap Ship turrets/bridge on Clouds of Vondoru once you have Proton Torpedoes equipped. Clicking fast does NOT work, seriously. So in effect, using Proton Torpedoes just makes the mission a heck of a lot more difficult.
Put your Proton Torpedo tube in the cargo hold until this obnoxious bug is fixed.