Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how do you fire the photon torpedoes in ship missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help

Orangerascal
12.26.2011 , 03:46 PM | #1
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

Nigredo
12.26.2011 , 05:06 PM | #2
On Targets that have the option to be destroyed by torpedoes (Capital Ship Command, Station Tower) you will see a different reticule pop up you have to hold that down until you see if go from red to tan then release the missile button you will see the purple trail from the torpedo followed by the destruction of the thing it was aimed at.
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

Orangerascal
12.26.2011 , 06:49 PM | #3
thanks
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

Foxpass
12.26.2011 , 07:26 PM | #4
So now the question is, how do you NOT fire photon torpedoes at those targets? On Clouds of Vondoru, I one shot the first three shield generators with torpedoes, then I can't fire normal missiles at the fourth.

Master_Kyp_Sazen
12.26.2011 , 07:32 PM | #5
I think you are in the wrong forums. If you are looking to fire photon torpedoes, then you should visit Star Trek Online forums.

However, if you are referring to PROTON torpedoes, then I guess you are in the right place.

Rickii
12.29.2011 , 09:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxpass View Post
So now the question is, how do you NOT fire photon torpedoes at those targets? On Clouds of Vondoru, I one shot the first three shield generators with torpedoes, then I can't fire normal missiles at the fourth.

/signed

It's literally impossible to complete Clouds of Vondoru with Proton Torpedos equipped.

Airees
12.29.2011 , 10:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxpass View Post
You manually aim and don't hold the right mouse button. By just clicking the right button you can free fire missiles. Also, eventhough the counter says 3 you actually have 4 torpedoes, one is in the chamber. Was struggling with the same thing for a long time untill I realized that.

Korros
01.01.2012 , 10:19 AM | #8
Proton Torpedoes are easily the worst idea and implementation in space combat minigame. Once proton torpedoes are depleted it's impossible to lock onto ship and station components with regular missiles. They need to make firing them separate from regular missiles.

As it stands right now, equipping them them on your ship makes completing missions harder than not using them at all. I bought them, tried them, then immediately removed them.

GalenDurron
01.01.2012 , 12:50 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Kyp_Sazen View Post
I think you are in the wrong forums. If you are looking to fire photon torpedoes, then you should visit Star Trek Online forums.

However, if you are referring to PROTON torpedoes, then I guess you are in the right place.
But photon torpedos are SO much more powerful! I mean come on, they're anti-matter warheads!
There is no emotion (except Love, that's ok); there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force.

byter
01.01.2012 , 12:52 PM | #10
Yeah, proton torpedoes are good but they should not be on the same key as missiles. You should be able to choose since in certain situations i'd rather spam missiles then hold down the key and wait for proton torpedo.

For that reason it's also got a spot in my cargo bay ;p