Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enrage Timers Need to Go

Airees
12.27.2011 , 09:50 AM | #31
A boss without any dps requirement will just never ever feel like an epic struggle, just because you can easily just cheese it. Does it have to be a hard "you kill him in 10 minutes or die" mechanic ? No. But even with a soft enrage mechanic you still pretty much get the same result.

Tbh, it just seems like the OP doesn't like how short they are in this game. However that's a much deeper issue than you'd imagine. At the moment certain classes in this game just can't sustain interesting gamplay for long stretches of time. Almost every single fight in EV has long stretches of down-time for the diminshing return resource classes to reset. Sure, they could just make more of these non-action mechanics, but they are already repeated a few times in each fight and coming up with new ways of doing something interesting while not fighting isn't very simple.

Belimai
12.27.2011 , 09:51 AM | #32
PLEA TO THE DEVS! Do not do like every other mmo and nerf everything to hell because the bads wanna QQ! The bads and casuals are not your life long subscribers. Also, dps class doesn't need to exist and heal and tank are the only classes that matter? There seems to be ALOT of people playing DPS that would not agree. Enrage timers aren't going anywhere, pick up your deeps.
I WALK IN THE SHADOW OF HEAVENS LIGHT
HOOD UP
HEAD DOWN

shamblingswarm
12.27.2011 , 09:58 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by eezee View Post
I remember before this game came out, they were talking about how ops would be these epic battles or whatever. Having an encounter with a 5 or 6 minute enrage timer doesn't make it feel very epic. It would be one thing if 1 or 2 encounters had this, but every single boss in both ops and heroic flashpoints have some sort of enrage time.

The last encounter in EV has an enrage time of about 5:30 or 6 minutes. That's just silly to me. Thinking back to other MMO's, the final boss in a raid would be this long encounter which lasts 10-20 minutes.

Enrage timers seem like a easy way to make something difficult, without really spending the time to make the actual encounter hard. For example, if they would make SoA spawn more balls in phase 3 (every minute he adds 1 more ball to deal with) that's better then this hard enrage timer.
The way i see your post goes like this: Hi IM a bad player i cant dps the way im supposed to and i need to make the fight easier causse im bad.

This is exactly the kind of people that ruined wow with all the qqing.

Sath_Wishes
12.27.2011 , 06:29 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by drbeat View Post
i agree with op.

Dps is a glorified role that doesn't really need to exist. Tanks and healers are the only classes that really matter for operations anyway. Removing the enrage timers will remove the arbitrary dps requirement and allow groups to focus exclusively on the roles that really matter.
10/10 gj!