Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there an actual reason for the 1 hour wait between selling an item & getting paid?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is there an actual reason for the 1 hour wait between selling an item & getting paid?

DarthSpYke
12.26.2011 , 02:22 PM | #1
I post stuff on the GTN and get those annoying mail messages saying the item has sold and I'll get my credits in 1 hour...why the 1 hour wait? I figure there is a reason for it, but can't think of what it might be. Anyone actually know?

Unaki
12.26.2011 , 02:24 PM | #2
Gold sellers.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

csward
12.26.2011 , 02:29 PM | #3
The reason is to slow down those that would sell credits and items for commercial gain and make it less desirable to do so. It sucks, I hate it, and I'm not sure if it even works, because the only way to stop account hackers/credit farmers is to not buy them and since that will probably never happen Bioware deincentivizes this behavior to at least control it. That said a "Real Money Auction House" might be nice too, but not many MMO's use this atm.

DarthSpYke
12.26.2011 , 02:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by csward View Post
The reason is to slow down those that would sell credits and items for commercial gain and make it less desirable to do so. It sucks, I hate it, and I'm not sure if it even works, because the only way to stop account hackers/credit farmers is to not buy them and since that will probably never happen Bioware deincentivizes this behavior to at least control it. That said a "Real Money Auction House" might be nice too, but not many MMO's use this atm.
That makes sense, I appreciate your prompt and informative response.

Clayburn
12.26.2011 , 02:37 PM | #5
I'm still not sure how the hour wait discourages credit farming. Is Conan gay?

Crawler
12.26.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6
it helps with tracking the gold

Gold that gets farmed /stolen goes through multiple account before hiting buyer. With this its easier for them to track it as it slows the process.