Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you respec out of a trade skill?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can you respec out of a trade skill?

danarchist
12.26.2011 , 01:53 PM | #1
So I have been working with Cybertech, but find that more and more often I am spending myself broke buying healing kits. I really want to start doing Biochem instead. Is this possible by training up a future companion with different skills (I only have my first one at the moment) or is there a way to reset the skills i have trained my companion in somehow?
"If at first you don't succeed....reload.

ArillWiltker
12.26.2011 , 01:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by danarchist View Post
So I have been working with Cybertech, but find that more and more often I am spending myself broke buying healing kits. I really want to start doing Biochem instead. Is this possible by training up a future companion with different skills (I only have my first one at the moment) or is there a way to reset the skills i have trained my companion in somehow?

You can learn other crew skills. If you open up your crew window and look at the top at the list of skills that you have their should be a tiny X box on the right of the skill listing. If you hit that it will unlearn the skill you selected and then you can go learn a new one. Just so you know you can learn 3 skills(1 crafting) so if cybertech is the only skill you have then go just learn another one, if not then you have to drop one of the three that you already have. Hope this helps. :-)

danarchist
12.26.2011 , 02:08 PM | #3
Ah ok, so I can unspec then That helps allot!
I like my first companion and was hoping I could just change her up instead of having to use a different one. That helps allot thanks!
"If at first you don't succeed....reload.

ArillWiltker
12.26.2011 , 02:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by danarchist View Post
Ah ok, so I can unspec then That helps allot!
I like my first companion and was hoping I could just change her up instead of having to use a different one. That helps allot thanks!

Ah also...all 5 of your companions as well as yourself can only use the same three skills, whatever they are. It is not 3 separate skills per companion. It is 3 skills for all 6 of you(you and 5 companions).