Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering node issue: Why don't they despawn?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Gathering node issue: Why don't they despawn?

DrRon
12.26.2011 , 11:31 AM | #1
I was hoping this was a glitch.

Once a node is gathered, can BW find a way to not have it marked on my map. It's getting frustrating, when I see a node on my map, get to it, and then can't gather it.

Maybe have them despawn the node in the environment AND on my map, such that when a new node spawns, I only see that one, and then it disappears again when someone gathers it.

Sounds good, right?
Why do we never have time to do it right, but always seem to have time to do it twice.

Zombiekop
12.26.2011 , 11:48 AM | #2
Indeed. A lot of nodes are still on the map, but you can't do anything with them. I'm getting frustrated over it aswell.

DrRon
12.26.2011 , 02:30 PM | #3
No one else thinks this is a problem?
Why do we never have time to do it right, but always seem to have time to do it twice.

birdiegirl
12.26.2011 , 02:31 PM | #4
there are a lot of us frusterated on this issue. I think we all assume that this will get fixed.

lykor
12.26.2011 , 02:32 PM | #5
I do, but for this bug I'm sure Bioware will fix it, because it's huge. Wondering why didn't already fix it, I'm sure beta testers told them about it.

Samboni
12.26.2011 , 02:34 PM | #6
Of course it's a problem, it's just a bug. They'll get around to it eventually.

b-morgan
12.26.2011 , 02:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Samboni View Post
Of course it's a problem, it's just a bug. They'll get around to it eventually.
I would like to see a bug acknowledged by Bioware before I'll just sit back and wait.

This is a problem with every MMO I've played... You do your best to report bugs but the reports go into a black hole. Every once in a while, they might get an acknowledgement or make it onto a known issues list but for the most part, there's complete silence. To make matters worse, all reported bugs don't get fixed.

I have worked with other projects where there was an external bug reporting system. You could see what bugs had been reported by other customers and you could see when they were acknowledged as bugs and even when they were fixed! This isn't airing dirty laundry, its interacting with your customer base in a positive way!

Zombiekop
12.26.2011 , 03:04 PM | #8
Let's hope such a quality system is inherited here aswell (maybe in a different form). I'd like to see my money well spent for good quality.

DarthDemens
12.26.2011 , 03:08 PM | #9
My guess is that the nodes are gathered, but the materials aren't removed (due to the gatherer having a full inventory, or not auto-looting, or some other reason). This causes the resources to still exist, thus preventing the node from despawning, but locking the lootability of the node to the original gatherer.

Barelundil
12.26.2011 , 03:09 PM | #10
Thought I saw something in the patch notes right before the holidays about this.

Said they fixed nodes not despawning.

Guess they need to try again.