Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse engineering crafted purples?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse engineering crafted purples?

SinisterWarlock
12.26.2011 , 07:03 AM | #1
I see that it's possible to reverse engineer crafted purple items, you've started at green, turned it into a blue, then the blue into a purple. Is it possible to go further?

Korialstrazs
12.26.2011 , 07:04 AM | #2
No, don't do it.
"I've yet to face anything I can't overcome"

Areka
12.26.2011 , 07:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Korialstrazs View Post
No, don't do it.
Unless you cannot use it anymore, do not want to sell it and would like to try to get some mats back. Otherwise, yeah, don't do it.
Lord Alaric: At last, the Dark Council has answered my petitions and sent a powerful fighting Sith to help secure the temple!
Sith Warrior: I'm just here to check the plumbing.

AbsolutGrndZero
12.26.2011 , 07:52 AM | #4
Really? I was told that you could learn to make a moddable version of it, at least those items that are moddable?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Forkrul
12.26.2011 , 08:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Really? I was told that you could learn to make a moddable version of it, at least those items that are moddable?
You do not learn how to make moddable versions, you get an extra augment slot (made by slicing) from a crit when crafting the item.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow

Exiled-Phoenix
12.26.2011 , 08:47 AM | #6
So a RE-usable med pack that heals 825-1000 is the best you can get from Biochem?

Merk-aba
12.26.2011 , 09:28 AM | #7
for level 8 yes. that's it for BioChem. (referring to the Re-usable question above)

Exiled-Phoenix
12.26.2011 , 12:24 PM | #8
so how do i get a better one then? i havnt gotten any higher medpacks and im at biochem 80

Terwilliger
12.26.2011 , 12:54 PM | #9
Hit up a Biochem skill vendor. You can set their display to "all available" instead of "trainable" so you can see what the minimum Biochem for learning the next pack is. They upgrade every eight levels.