TaitWatson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like such responses.

This kind of people prefer rollbacks and crashes instead of stability.

I understand -- but the response may have been more to the idea that every time they do this, they tend to screw up things even more.

The sentiment may also be that the issue with the servers is not something that just a "restart" will fix. Clearly something had to be done server side to "fix" the issue. Likely scripts that help determine exploit users and data based on actions taken, which tend to go hand-in-hand with "rollback" scripts such as to remove inventory and/or credits. Any time such fixes or changes are done, the track record is not great for later issues surfacing during the week.

That said, if they truly do have something that will prevent recurrences of what happened on Progenitor, Harbinger, and Jedi Covenant, it does need to be applied.

Thank you Mr. Spock. The rest of us have emotions.

Emotion's got nothing to do with it - the phrasing of the notification makes it sound like they are taking preventative measures, or are shutting the servers down to avoid the same problem happening again. Which is a good thing. Am I scared my server will be hit? Of course. But it's better to see them addressing the issue than just allowing it to happen.

Hey everyone,

We will be taking down all servers shortly in order to address the issues seen on multiple servers over the weekend.

The downtime is estimated to last 60 minutes.

Thanks for your understanding!

so much for those "SERVER UPGRADES" a few weeks ago....:rolleyes:

what a croc and complete waste of time. BW has become the joke of MMO's recently with 4.0/KOTFE release, companion issues, bugs since beta/launch, lack of communication, and lack of a proper public test center. just to name a few.

Emotion's got nothing to do with it - the phrasing of the notification makes it sound like they are taking preventative measures, or are shutting the servers down to avoid the same problem happening again. Which is a good thing. Am I scared my server will be hit? Of course. But it's better to see them addressing the issue than just allowing it to happen.

Yes, the poster's quote had emotion in it. It's ok Mr. Spoke II, you don't have to always be in "logic mode!" Lighten up. ;)