Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Galaxies

Buffy_bites
12.13.2011 , 07:16 AM | #1
Such a great SW MMO, goes bye bye after Dec 15th

I will miss it greatly, and is such a huge loss over christmas. Spend many Life Day events with friends over the years in it, but will not get the chance this year

Pity it could not have stayed active until Jan 15th or something, it would have made christmas a whole lot brighter

daedenilus
12.13.2011 , 07:24 AM | #2
thank god they are shutting that horrible game down! i've been asking for that, for a long while. Just really hoping they go bankrupt and all the idiots at SOE end up on the streets and picking food out of dumpsters

jeditiff
12.13.2011 , 07:30 AM | #3
Even though they ruined the game, it is still sad to see it go. I played for many years. Valcyn was a great server!! MvA forever!! Viva Mos Vegas!! :-)

Buffy_bites
12.13.2011 , 07:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by daedenilus View Post
thank god they are shutting that horrible game down! i've been asking for that, for a long while. Just really hoping they go bankrupt and all the idiots at SOE end up on the streets and picking food out of dumpsters
Each to their own

Crafting in SWG is awesome. Also space was too, as well as Beast Master and player cities. It offered a lot of end game content.

If SWTOR does not have these things or something similar then I do not see myself or anyone playing it as much, therefore atm SWTOR is the weaker game right now and I'll be surprised if it lasts more than 2 years.

Will have to see what Bioware churn out over the years

Nospera
12.13.2011 , 07:36 AM | #5
It was a good game, and yes they ruined it. But as per above Player Housing and crafting was great. I did enjoy the good times.

Uzzzi
12.13.2011 , 07:36 AM | #6
good riddance!

BenjaminminU
12.13.2011 , 07:38 AM | #7
Was a lot of fun to play, although in the TOR beta i found it much more fun so Bioware aren't going to disappoint
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Tyranen
12.13.2011 , 07:38 AM | #8
i loved swg as well, but i think swtor will last longer then 2 years.

sad to see swg go but the game was dead years ago.

Hellrazer
12.13.2011 , 07:40 AM | #9
Good bye SWG... won't miss ya
Sith Lords of Darkness

Corillian Run
Ragnos Legacy

Noobie-Wan
12.13.2011 , 07:41 AM | #10
Just logging in and getting the music still gives me goosebumps. As a player from beta 3 right through them wrecking it totally with the NGE I loved the game and the people who made Starsider the awesome place it was. Sadly, the NGE did change the game too much. I've logged back in recently but it's just not the same game I fell in love with all those years ago.

RIP!