Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Into the pit

Strahl
12.30.2011 , 01:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Deridia View Post
Suck it up and use the droid. It's the only way without bringing a friend or being seriously over leveled.
I did it as an Assassin on the Deception tree, at lvl 21, and with Khem Val, Khem died at the end, but the damned bug was low on health and I killed him.

I did die the first try, but in the second one I managed to kill him with the tanking stance and using Discharge (AOE on that stance) and the other AOE (I can't remember the ability name right now) to kill the adds quickly.

Sorry about my terrible english xD

Valkyriane
12.30.2011 , 01:35 PM | #22
I did this on lvl 19, assasin tanking build. I pulled the boss to corridor and tanked it there, I used khems taunt and mine to bounce aggro.

When the first adds came I used dark charges AOE and the "bomb" thingy that knokcdowns enemy and killed adds while Khem was tanking the boss.

After adds killed I popped medkit and taunted boss. Then it was just pewpewpew.. second spawn didn't come to corridor so I pretty much just sliced the boss.

No cooldowns nor stims used... And my companion didn't die. I was actually pretty suprized to see this thread here I thought it was easy at lvl 19.

Cazca
12.30.2011 , 02:58 PM | #23
I also have tried this quest a bunch of time have not been able to complete the swarms have buffs that increase damage also. Not sure what I'm going to do may just start somethng else if i can not compete a class quest.

malaclyps
12.30.2011 , 03:25 PM | #24
pull her all the way back to the base of the shaft.

the adds spawn back at the pits and take forever to reach you, you'll only need to deal with one swarm probably.

even faster if you save the poison barrel at the bottom and use it on the adds when they pop.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks

Ameea
12.30.2011 , 03:41 PM | #25
Also, if you wiped and you come back and there is adds. Whirlwind the boss, kill the adds. Put your companion on follow, shock the boss and then run to the entrance of the tunnel.

BLOW. HER. THE. ****. UP.

People say she spawns them at 25% intervals. But when i pulled her to the back i got her to roughly 30% before she summoned adds. Then i just put shield on me and khem. and syayed on boss. When the adds were close id overload to knock them back.

I stunned boss on CD. And Recklessness on CD. You may need to heal khem sometimes. Which shouldn't be an issue with this strat considering for 70% of the fight you are only dealing with the boss.

olama
12.30.2011 , 04:37 PM | #26
I was frustrated at this boss myself. I tried a few times with tactics but failed. I realised the Broodmother is somewhat force resistant.

So I decided to just ignore the adds and beat on her with my lightsaber while stunning, shielding and healing as necesaary. That worked for me.

I was a bit upset that the simplest approach worked best.
aka Celebfin

CanWolfShadow
12.30.2011 , 06:45 PM | #27
Got frustrated, went to Balmoran (Sp), levelled a bit, came back and stomped a bug.

Cadath
12.30.2011 , 06:56 PM | #28
just slap on dark force, and when the broodlings come aoe them with discharge and an overload, they will fall over instantly and you can sit on the boss. I downed her after 2 tries, but didnt need and heals or whatn ot, my pet died but it worked out in the end did it lvl 21 with assassin

Karkais
12.30.2011 , 07:04 PM | #29
I couldnt do it as a madness sorcerer, but I just asked someone to help. It was pretty close though and I propably could have done if I had been +1 or 2 levels. Also, the thing that annoys me is that the broodmasters adds dont reset. If you die, they just stay there, making the next attempt that much harder.

I dont remember what level I did it, but remembering the speed me and khem were dying I was propably too low.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

pooks
12.30.2011 , 07:55 PM | #30
well I am no power gamer. I can't hit all the buttons fast. I cant afford to outfit myself because I dont have any money. my armor keeps decaying and i spend all my money repairing it. I am 22 and keep dying. I finally found someone to help. they went 1st and completed their class then we exit and I go in first and they get the message they are ineligible and cant come in.

devs you have no idea how hard this is some people. This game is supposed to be fun and I can understand a challenge, but I can't do this crap.

I could not solo the dromand kas class boss either. This is total bullcrap.