Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Into the pit

Miffy
12.25.2011 , 04:09 PM | #1
I'm level 21 and it is meant to be a solo quest but the broodmaster and her zerglings are impossible to do even with your pet. Just wondering if I'm missing something? This class has seemed so underpowered compared to the other two I play.

VoiVioV
12.25.2011 , 05:01 PM | #2
Are you an assassin or sorceror? I finished that questline last night at lvl 20 on my Sorc and didn't have any problem. Had Khem tank, and just sat back and nuked. Adds die in one shot, so they weren't a problem. I did have to heal Khem a couple times, but was never in any danger of dying...

Jeweledleah
12.25.2011 , 05:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by VoiVioV View Post
Are you an assassin or sorceror? I finished that questline last night at lvl 20 on my Sorc and didn't have any problem. Had Khem tank, and just sat back and nuked. Adds die in one shot, so they weren't a problem. I did have to heal Khem a couple times, but was never in any danger of dying...
this was my experience as well, and I also did it around lvl 21 (I think I actually hit 22 after turn in)

I wonder if it might be easier as an assassin with druid as companion? I hear he's the healing option.

Miffy
12.25.2011 , 05:07 PM | #4
I'm an Assassin and I am not using that droid, I refuse to until they let me shut him up.

All that keeps happening is the Mutant dies as I cannot heal him and then everything goes on me and I die. Speaking to other people they've had problems as my class too. I would come back in a few more levels but the quest log limit is too low and mine is full so I need to get it out the way.

Wondering if any Assassins had any tactics?

Nicholai_Pestot
12.25.2011 , 05:34 PM | #5
Make sure you save electrocute for the period when the brood mother and broodlings are both there. Use it on the broodmother to keep her out of the fight while you finish off the broodlings. Make sure you order your companion to attack the broodlings as well, he can sometimes get a bit slappy happy and break your stun.

Charge into the broodlings, throw out an AE knockback, stun one with shock. then quickly burn down the rest (kill the one you stunned with shock last).

Important - even when the broodmother comes out of stun, carry on killing the broodlings. Combined they have a much higher dps then her but they die really, really quickly.

In between broodling swarms kick the crap out of the broodmother.

That's it really. If it takes you more than three broodling spawns to kill the broodmother, or if your companion can't tank for that long then you need to invest in some better gear for the both of you.

I did this first try, but my companion went down right after the third broodling swarm just as I was finishing off the broodmother. It was a tad close because I ballsed up and didn't electrocute the broodmother on the first cycle (I was countering fight mechanics on the fly)

Slipup
12.26.2011 , 03:01 AM | #6
I FUBAR'ed my first try against the broodmother as an Assassin (hurray for standing in a puddle of burning goo - I just thought her damage output was through the roof, but it turns out 6 stacks of goo will kill you no matter what you're fighting). But I had just hit 20 before entering the lair and had learned Channel the Force (that wonderful 20-minute cooldown ability that heals yourself and your companion and resets the cooldown on Electrocute). If you use that the fight is ridiculously easy.

jbscotchman
12.26.2011 , 04:50 AM | #7
I had trouble with my level 20 sorcerer the first time I did this also. Just make sure you enable channel the force and when the little bugs come out take them out as quick as possible. The main boss really isn't that strong and the little ones are what will kill you quick if you let them swarm you.
Intel i5 760 @ 3.6ghz - MSI P55-CD53 - 8gb DDR3 1600
EVGA Geforce GTX560 Ti @ 950/1900/2220 - Windows 7 64-bit

mbondie
12.26.2011 , 06:23 AM | #8
did this last night at lvl 18... had to heal khem a lot but just sat back and did as well as kill those small little s***s

DarthWinn
12.26.2011 , 07:04 AM | #9
Buy some good stims. Don't forget about the ability you have (cant remember what it is called) the one you have to have your companion out for, it will heal you and him. I also tank it in the hallway.

I had some trouble with it but I was also 19.

SmittyCent
12.26.2011 , 10:46 AM | #10
What you do is, clear the hallway out and pull him into there. Pull him as far back as you can. He spawns the adds at 25% increments. It may prevent the adds from reaching you and sometimes makes them despawn all together. Hope this helps.