Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What did you do to Cybertech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What did you do to Cybertech?

RenegadeBremis
12.26.2011 , 08:02 AM | #21
Illum

darkov
12.26.2011 , 08:03 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Please point out to me where I can simply buy purple mods? Be specific.
Commendation vendors, sell blue all the way up and purple at max level.

magnuskn
12.26.2011 , 08:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RenegadeBremis View Post
Illum
Unless they have some vendors hidden where I cannot find them immediately, they only have armoring and hilts/barrels... which already is quite much, grantedly.

But, yeah, endgame does look kinda weird, given that the best mods we can make are level 49. I've yet to get the crafting materials together to do some extensive reverse engineering, so I have no idea how those mods will compare to the endgame stuff we'll get.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

magnuskn
12.26.2011 , 08:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by darkov View Post
Commendation vendors, sell blue all the way up and purple at max level.
Commendation vendors have a limit to what you can get, by way of a planet only giving so much commendations ( or you can farm old flashpoints forever, if you so prefer ).
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

RenegadeBremis
12.26.2011 , 08:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Unless they have some vendors hidden where I cannot find them immediately, they only have armoring and hilts/barrels... which already is quite much, grantedly.

But, yeah, endgame does look kinda weird, given that the best mods we can make are level 49. I've yet to get the crafting materials together to do some extensive reverse engineering, so I have no idea how those mods will compare to the endgame stuff we'll get.
illum mods are better then the crafting mods

Cosmoz
12.26.2011 , 08:46 AM | #26
The problem with crafting in this game is that every player can craft. Since that is the case, it makes no difference what quality of gear they can craft. If they can craft gear that is better than looted, everyone will craft it for themselves. If the gear they can craft is worse than looted, they will loot the gear and ignore crafting.

This is why giving crafting to every character is a bad idea.
Get on board the Falcon kid, this place is gonna blow!

lightspeed
12.26.2011 , 09:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmoz View Post
The problem with crafting in this game is that every player can craft. Since that is the case, it makes no difference what quality of gear they can craft. If they can craft gear that is better than looted, everyone will craft it for themselves. If the gear they can craft is worse than looted, they will loot the gear and ignore crafting.

This is why giving crafting to every character is a bad idea.
untrue. My Sage needs armor and lightsaber upgrades and I can only do one or the other. Not to mention implants and ear pieces and stims. You are just wrong.
Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything. JH

Cosmoz
12.26.2011 , 09:37 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by lightspeed View Post
untrue. My Sage needs armor and lightsaber upgrades and I can only do one or the other. Not to mention implants and ear pieces and stims. You are just wrong.
You get 8 toons per server...........
Get on board the Falcon kid, this place is gonna blow!

Felioats
12.26.2011 , 10:11 AM | #29
I was surprised and disappointed to see you can buy Rank 5 ship parts from the starship upgrade vendor on the fleet (for credits, no less). Are we at least able to make ship upgrades better than ones we can find on vendors?

And can't you get purple gear of all kinds from these high-level commendation vendors? Or just mods? I haven't gotten there yet.

RenegadeBremis
12.26.2011 , 10:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
I was surprised and disappointed to see you can buy Rank 5 ship parts from the starship upgrade vendor on the fleet (for credits, no less). Are we at least able to make ship upgrades better than ones we can find on vendors?

And can't you get purple gear of all kinds from these high-level commendation vendors? Or just mods? I haven't gotten there yet.
implants and ear pieces

200-250 daily commendations