Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What did you do to Cybertech?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
What did you do to Cybertech?

Neloth's Avatar


Neloth
12.25.2011 , 08:11 PM | #11
The entire mod system should be taken off from vendors and be crafter exclusive
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

Grinstone's Avatar


Grinstone
12.26.2011 , 01:04 AM | #12
I find it very unfortunate that the mounts are all BoP.

I don't mind if crafters have some neat BoP items as a bonus, perhaps earpieces or grenades, but to do that to the mounts is excessive.
If it bleeds it's probably pissed that you shot it.

ColonelKer-Nal's Avatar


ColonelKer-Nal
12.26.2011 , 02:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynkfox View Post
seriously? Im sick and tired of this rhetoric.

How many 50s are on your server? How many raids are going on every night? How many raid bosses hgave been downed?

The level 50 Crafting scene will not exist until raiding starts to get into full steam. Yes right now you can buy 23 mods with commendations. But Once you start getting good raid level gear, are you going to be able to keep up with the commendations to fill it? And by that point im sure the cybertechs will be getting their 23 recipies - hell maybe even 24s!

You simply cannot say that crafting at 50 is not useful until raiders start getting into full swing. They are the majority of all buyers of things at 50s to keep up with their raiding habits. Until then, any sort of 'analysis' of crafting at 50 is simply missing a key factor.
Why should raiding the the exclusive source of good gear at 50+? And you assume that raid drops will be able to be RE'd. What if the devs set them to require a skill of 500 to RE, or make them unREabel in some other fashion?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

Nyysjan's Avatar


Nyysjan
12.26.2011 , 04:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Grinstone View Post
I find it very unfortunate that the mounts are all BoP.

I don't mind if crafters have some neat BoP items as a bonus, perhaps earpieces or grenades, but to do that to the mounts is excessive.
i find it even more unfortunate that the crafted speeders are nothing but reskins.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

DonSkuzzie's Avatar


DonSkuzzie
12.26.2011 , 06:02 AM | #15
I'm a cybertech myself, max level. And i have to agree with the OP here.
The things i make are worse then lvl 50 bought mods with commendations..

Not to mention that epic pvp gear actually has lvl 52 mods in it, and is easy optainable.

I don't see how any of the crafting profs appart from biochem are worth it atm.

Darzil's Avatar


Darzil
12.26.2011 , 06:09 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ColonelKer-Nal View Post
Why should raiding the the exclusive source of good gear at 50+? And you assume that raid drops will be able to be RE'd. What if the devs set them to require a skill of 500 to RE, or make them unREabel in some other fashion?
Because for some strange reason game designers have decided that raiding players are the only players to design games for ? Personally I've no idea why they are all competing for the same players, which don't make up the majority of the MMO market. Like PvP it is a very important niche, but it's just that, a niche. (A niche I enjoy)

magnuskn's Avatar


magnuskn
12.26.2011 , 07:32 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
Cybertech was very useful in beta but now it is next to totaly useless, the armor mods are ok but almost all of them can be bought from vendors (including the purple ones)
Incorrect. There are absolutely no purple armor mods to be had by vendors in the game. Please come back when you are not exaggerating your argument. The green ones you can buy are underleveled respective to the ones you can craft, so Cybertech crafters have the edge on leveling.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

RenegadeBremis's Avatar


RenegadeBremis
12.26.2011 , 07:41 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Incorrect. There are absolutely no purple armor mods to be had by vendors in the game. Please come back when you are not exaggerating your argument. The green ones you can buy are underleveled respective to the ones you can craft, so Cybertech crafters have the edge on leveling.
Incorrect. Look again

RenegadeBremis's Avatar


RenegadeBremis
12.26.2011 , 07:45 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynkfox View Post
seriously? Im sick and tired of this rhetoric.

How many 50s are on your server? How many raids are going on every night? How many raid bosses hgave been downed?

The level 50 Crafting scene will not exist until raiding starts to get into full steam. Yes right now you can buy 23 mods with commendations. But Once you start getting good raid level gear, are you going to be able to keep up with the commendations to fill it? And by that point im sure the cybertechs will be getting their 23 recipies - hell maybe even 24s!

You simply cannot say that crafting at 50 is not useful until raiders start getting into full swing. They are the majority of all buyers of things at 50s to keep up with their raiding habits. Until then, any sort of 'analysis' of crafting at 50 is simply missing a key factor.
Raids on my server are in full swing....

Cybertech Crafting is not usefull....

magnuskn's Avatar


magnuskn
12.26.2011 , 07:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RenegadeBremis View Post
Incorrect. Look again
Please point out to me where I can simply buy purple mods? Be specific.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.