Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you turn off your Legacy Surname

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can you turn off your Legacy Surname

Democrat
12.25.2011 , 10:28 AM | #1
I was just curious on the legacy name because it constantly reminds you to create one after your able to. But I am not much of an RPer and just quickly threw a name on so the darn thing would stop popping up every time I look at my talents or log on. So I just used my last name so I could move on in hopes that I could just turn it off. If anyone knows let me know.

Thanks.

TheSusort
12.25.2011 , 10:31 AM | #2
Prefrences you can choose to hide your Legacy name.

Durzaka
12.25.2011 , 10:32 AM | #3
If you hide it do you still get legacy experience?
Durzaka Retribution

ninoss
12.25.2011 , 10:33 AM | #4
Yes

It's just not being shown

Makarah
02.09.2013 , 09:14 PM | #5

I hate to say it but I too am unable to turn OFF the legacy name. I chose one so it would stop prompting me although I really didn't want to have one.

The game help file refers to preferences/social but there isn't an option there to turn it off.

Perhaps they could update the help file to be correct and say ' there isn't an option to turn it off' OR actually put the option where they say its supposed to be.

I can't wait to see this in one of the game updates.

QuevvenXiltyn
02.09.2013 , 09:16 PM | #6
It's in the Title/Name tag area on the character screen. At least it was when I first input mine...

Saitada
02.09.2013 , 09:22 PM | #7
Open up your character page where the drop down menu is for titles like Black Bisector etc. At the bottom of the drop down menu that shows up when you hit your title choice menu will be the legacy change options. They moved it from the preferences to there in some recent patch.

Gonco
02.09.2013 , 10:43 PM | #8
Yeah, open up your Character Screen (C), click the icon to the left of your name and go to the drop down menu at the bottom of the screen that pops up. That should do it!
Synnax - SentinelEnox - Powertech
Synquist - ShadowKai'rah - Operative
<Stay Classy> - Prophecy of the Five

Aries_cz
02.10.2013 , 02:09 AM | #9
LEgacy Name/Title got moved some time ago to same place where you pick your title, so from character screen
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Jeweledleah
02.10.2013 , 02:51 AM | #10
the question I have is... why wouldn't you want to have a legacy. I understand not wanting to display a name, but the perks that come with having your legacy unlocked are pretty nice, so why not want them