Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR: Just not a PVP game : (

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SWTOR: Just not a PVP game : (

retrospekt's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 05:45 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post
BioWare made the game and designed one of two factions to be far more attractive to the bulk of their playerbase then the other. Explain to me how they are not at fault here?
No, if anything it would be the fault of Lucas and the playerbase. My guess is most people want to bad*** in game. Sith are a little more likely to fill that role I think.

Vordy's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 05:50 AM | #22
What the hell? Everyone wants to play Republic and not Empire. I always win on my republic char on Huttball, its a really fun BG.

nodq's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 05:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
The attractiveness of the sides is subjective. Horde is more popular in WoW and the Empire was more popular in SWG. This trend is seen across many MMOs. People like playing the bad guys. It has nothing to do with some falsely perceived bias on BWs part.
When WoW started, every Realm was full with Alliance. I remmeber my good old Server with a 80:20 population of Alliance:Horde.

Every idiot wanted to play a paladin... to be "arthas" etc. you should remember, alliance had paladins, horde shamans. in classic.

Then, on many servers (at least in europe/german ones) the horde became famous for beeing very good at PvP/Battlegrounds) alliance had massive Queue times. i myself remember that i had to wait like 6 hours for ONE arathi basin on alliance. and my horde character had instant invites all the time.

then blizzard made transfer ********, and there you have it. not that every one left alliance because they liked horde more, no. they wanted to be on the faction with the "good" PvPers and instant invites. otherwise we would still have like 70% alliance today, without that stupid transfer ****.

Since wotlk and transfers between factions, all alliance noobs went to horde. and that ma friend, is a fact.

So today, you have like 70% playing horde because of that.

ps: in WoW... there is actually no "good" and "evil" faction. its not like star wars, where you clearly have a evil faction and good faction.

Killadrix's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 07:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasstavad View Post
KILLADRIX is that you?

This is Bull from <Nerd Cleave>
Oh hey, buddy.

Yea, it's me, how you doing?

Haivo's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 07:39 AM | #25
The reason why Huttball is picked most of the time is probably due to the fact it has a higher % to be picked. Let's start with a 33.3% chance to get in all 3 war zones, but then factor in the possibility that you can que up Huttball against your own faction, and if you are on the overpopulated side of factions, your going to be playing 50% of your warzones in Huttball whether you like it or not.

iain_b's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 07:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by kclemens View Post
So we have to switch sides to get rid of overplaying one type of warzone? Thats stupid and bad planning on the dev's part.
Yea bad planning on the dev's part that the players are mostly choosing Empire.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

Killadrix's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 07:45 AM | #27
To some of the replies here: I don't mind the gimmicks, I just think they need to be toned down.

I feel as though the gimmicks should be a penalty; not a free kill simply because your 4 sec stun is off cooldown.

As for the sides being uneven, I do feel as though they need to make both sides equally appealing because the players shouldn't have to choose what side they want to play simply due to queue times, if they are PVP'ers.

To the people claiming it is not Bioware's fault: are you saying that if you were spending half a decade and millions and millions of dollars to develop a game you would just make one side super awesome, one side super "meh" and just throw your hands up in the air at customer complaints and tell them they "chose wrong".

If you would, you are a horrible businessman/woman.

Lerdoc's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 07:46 AM | #28
Wait.. so game advertised form the very first comcepts as PvE character story driven and with huge focus on PvE, chats and what not is not a PvP focused game?

OP should get an award or something!

Killadrix's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 07:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
Wait.. so game advertised form the very first comcepts as PvE character story driven and with huge focus on PvE, chats and what not is not a PvP focused game?

OP should get an award or something!
If they put PVP into the game, they need to support it.

It really is simple as that.

Also, I like how you act like they can just neglect it, as if it's cool to just throw away subscribers.

I'm glad to see you are so cavalier with BW's money.

UglyPete's Avatar

12.25.2011 , 08:06 AM | #30
I don't understand a lot of the people defending the current state and what will be the future of SWTORs pvp. It's not like the majority of people playing haven't seen an MMO launch before. There is nothing different about Bioware or SWTOR they are not some magic company that can just flip a switch and things will get better. Their course is set, and nothing you say on the forums will change it.

The OP is right SWTOR is not and I believe never will be a PVP game. Enjoy the pvp now for what it is while it lasts because it will not last long at all.