Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

Meechin
12.24.2011 , 10:22 PM | #21
I dont understand, you dont raid so why would you want to be able to craft raid level gear? What would you use the gear for if you're not going to raid?

NoxiousAlby
12.24.2011 , 10:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevenpifers View Post
Don't bother guys, And Bioware please listen.

Look, I poured alot of money into crafting, I put at least 250k into Armstech scavenging and investigation.

Now your telling me after I paid all that money and did all that work that I now have to raid to get three Rare drops to craft them? Really? Are you serious?
This was much discussed pre launch, raid tier epics are supposedly better than craftable epics but you are still pigeon holed into raiding to get them. Said it was a mistake then and it's still a mistake now. SWTOR the supposedly solo players game (as it was touted) needs craftable patterns to be available outside of raids. Instance drops would have been acceptable.

Bioware not everyone enjoys raiding anymore............... Even Blizz has recognised this by introducing a random raid finder. With below average challenge to make it easy & puggable. When you make a mistake man up and fix it

Unaki
12.24.2011 , 11:21 PM | #23
Failing to see how having raid specific gear come from RAIDING and PvP specific gear come from PVP has anything to do with "making a mistake" or "failing to make people happy".

It boggles me how people can argue against this and think that solo players should get gear equal to the gear of those who exclusively PVP or raid. Once you finish the storyline, what exactly is there to solo? You beat the game, there is nothing else. No special content to challenge yourself.
JAWA PUNTERS
Corellian Run <Republic> Raiding Guild
Official Site - Recruitment

Sevenpifers
12.24.2011 , 11:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Unaki View Post
Failing to see how having raid specific gear come from RAIDING and PvP specific gear come from PVP has anything to do with "making a mistake" or "failing to make people happy".

It boggles me how people can argue against this and think that solo players should get gear equal to the gear of those who exclusively PVP or raid. Once you finish the storyline, what exactly is there to solo? You beat the game, there is nothing else. No special content to challenge yourself.
Maybe because the only gear we can craft is unmoddable greens which is a TOTAL waste of time money and effort.

yazy
12.25.2011 , 12:00 AM | #25
I'm armsmech and I found it nice when lvlling, the items are beter then most quest rewards but haven't maxed out yet
Manhattan - Powertech Bounty Hunter

Lith - Operative Agent

Ecliptech
12.25.2011 , 12:38 AM | #26
I think everyone is getting a little off base with the posts original idea. He ISN'T arguing that he has to raid for mats. He IS however arguing that the items the mats are for are useless. You can get better gear through daily quests and raiding than you can through crafting ( which you need to raid for end lvl mats). So therefore he is simply statng that craftng is useless. Why craft an end lvl item (That you need to raid for materials) when you can get a drop from a boss that is way better in less time?

This is the epic failure of every MMO ever.

Syphid
12.25.2011 , 12:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Meechin View Post
I dont understand, you dont raid so why would you want to be able to craft raid level gear? What would you use the gear for if you're not going to raid?
You raid to get gear to raid to get gear to raid to get gear. The game is based on gear progression, and without it crafting has no sense of advancemnt.
-= SHADES OF THE FORCE =-
The Grey Jedi Guild

bboudreaux
12.25.2011 , 12:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Enako View Post
most unfortunately, this game follows wow.
I wish people would stop saying this garbage.

This game follows wow no more or no less than any other MMO out there .. get out of your bubble, please? There are many more MMOs out there besides and before wow, which wow happened to copy from themselves. Wow may be the biggest but it wasn't the first and won't be last and it's definitely not the only.

Rephlexie
12.25.2011 , 12:55 AM | #29
Lucky you didnt go with Artifice. Mines going to be 400 tonight and everything I an make you can pull out of Orange Gear bought at vendors. Its very upsetting.

The Rare color crystal schematics are no doubt dropped on boss 5 EV Nightmare mode. They could have at LEAST made us have stuff that you can't get elsewhere so people ask me for my services.
Rephlexie - Jedi Shadow
TORPIC - "The SWTOR UI Gallery" - Founder

Hajizan
12.25.2011 , 12:58 AM | #30
This game is just like WOW. You need mats from raids for top level crafted gear, Trash mobs drop better gear than the mats make.

It's "Raid or Die" just like WOW.