Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STILL can't choose what WARZONE we QUEUE for?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
STILL can't choose what WARZONE we QUEUE for?

TPBHatchet
12.15.2011 , 12:23 PM | #11
They were going to let us choose our warzones, but then they took an arrow to the knee.
Earthmonkey - Hedarr Soongh - Guardian
Bloob - The Fatman - Powertech

How To: Making Bro-Tastic PvP Videos

Baalzamon
12.15.2011 , 12:33 PM | #12
Empire have fun with hutball

SneiK
12.08.2012 , 08:41 PM | #13
bump.

Notice the date of the original post.

I'm still waiting...

vimm
12.08.2012 , 08:53 PM | #14
The grammar in this thread is shortening my life.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

RazielHex
12.08.2012 , 08:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SneiK View Post
bump.

Notice the date of the original post.

I'm still waiting...
And you're still playing.

So I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.

chimex
12.08.2012 , 08:55 PM | #16
I like not knowing what's going to pop. In the systems point of view, it keeps the queues going. For the individual, it keeps things going

If I wanted so much predictability I would grow a cabbage patch
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Kintaroshi
12.09.2012 , 01:16 AM | #17
I would love if we could choose. One of the few things I miss about wow. You could choose what game you wanted to play, or get rewarded for randoms.
Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Feared Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 01:44 AM | #18
this would significantly reduce queue times, no thanks.

what i would like to see is some kind of diminishing returns on the number of times you can get the same warzone over an extended period of time. say you queue, and get into huttball. in the code, a modifier would be added that would decrease the chance of you being queued for another huttball.

after a certain amount of time (not that long, maybe 5 minutes) the modifier would become passive and you would just get into whatever warzone you could get into first. say its another huttball, which would add further to your "no huttball" modifier".

now say you get into a void star next. the "void star" modifier would gain weight, but the huttball modifier would lose weight.

basically the more of one warzone you do, the less likely you are to see multiple repeats (nobody likes 3 huttballs in 4 matches, variety plox) of warzone types.

this would be a little tricky to code i think, but would be a cool feature that would not have a drastic adverse affect on warzone queues

TonyDragonflame
12.09.2012 , 02:05 AM | #19
All wanna just DEATHMATCH warzone WITHOUT any objectives.

Yes, its not Ancient Hypergates, which with objectives too... all wanna just plain and simply, fun and relax DEATHMATCH!
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 02:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
All wanna just DEATHMATCH warzone WITHOUT any objectives.

Yes, its not Ancient Hypergates, which with objectives too... all wanna just plain and simply, fun and relax DEATHMATCH!
world pvp offers that option.

granted, it takes a lot of effort to organize (no x-faction chat STILL in game), but you could organize with opposing guilds and meet up somewhere to duke it out.

you can also do it same-faction in Outlaw's Den.

personally, i prefer there to be *some* objective other than "kill the red dots!", as it helps to distinguish good and bad players. if it was just straight up TDM, everyone in PvP would be a smashmonkey, regardless of skill level