Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction needs changing. Badly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Auction needs changing. Badly.

AilsaH
12.24.2011 , 11:08 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckmann View Post
Also, is there any solid reasoning why the auction houses aren't cross-faction? Intergalactic Commerce picks sides, now?
I was under the impression that certain GTNs were cross-faction (Nar Shadda, for instance).

DigitalHype
12.24.2011 , 11:28 AM | #32
My experience is that the GTN is is the most buggy and least user friendly aspect of the game, thus far. Based on the quality of the overall game; I suspect the GTN will get quick fixes. It was likely a low priority for release. I'm anything but a WoW fanboi. But, I agree with those that said to copy that model. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Need a 'shift-click item to search for it', option.
No way to search for items based on specific attributes.
Any time a companion returns, it closes the GTN window. And any filters you've set will have to be redone.
The usable-by search field does not work for me, at all. Neither for myself, or companion. 0 results are always returned if that field is not set to "all".
Random instances of sales expiring early.
Sorting by level is broken. also, no indication of incrementing or decrementing search.
Entering a sale price value is bugged. Sometimes the least significant digit of a value you enter will not be erased.

Armaso
12.24.2011 , 11:47 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Frohtastic View Post
only problem i have for the auction house is that its impossible to sell fabrics.
cant even be searched.

They are listed under Diplomacy...

Stormsurge
12.24.2011 , 11:54 AM | #34
I would have to agree - it should be easier to search and it should also have a selling option other than buy it now. You should be able to start it at a lower price and have a regular auction with no Buy it Now or have a regular auction with a buy it now function in addition. I looked it over and could find no other way to sell an item other than the Buy it Now feature.
SQUADRON 11.11.11 Never Forget

Exactly
12.24.2011 , 12:01 PM | #35
I just installed the game yesterday and my jaw hit the floor when i found out you could not search by slot (head chest waist etc etc). How that oversight got through beta is a complete mystery to me.

Motivo
12.24.2011 , 12:13 PM | #36
Bump. This issue needs serious attention. Its ridiculously user unfriendly. Also the chat system, but that is another topic

Frohtastic
12.24.2011 , 01:56 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Armaso View Post
They are listed under Diplomacy...

how can fabrics be listed under diplomancy if they are acquired from underworld trading ?

Armaso
12.24.2011 , 02:07 PM | #38
how can fabrics be listed under diplomancy if they are acquired from underworld trading ?
Shhhhh...just accept it.

Sabrel
12.24.2011 , 03:26 PM | #39
They used to be from Diplomacy, before BW reworked the skills 2 builds ago into the "1 craft skill, 1 basic mats skill, 1 rare mats/gifts skil" pattern for everything. Apparently someone forgot to recode their AH category.

Vrumpt
12.24.2011 , 03:52 PM | #40
Yeah the GTN is just an absolute atrocity. Just another of the several areas that should never have passed basic testing. Its functional yes, but its horrendous.

GTN terminals should be put back onto every world so things can be sold easily. Traveling back to the fleet to sell things is way too much of a hassle and far too time consuming.

And the search options for things is just awful!

Why can't I filter by slot?

why can't I simply enter a search by name for the item i'm looking for?

Why does rare cloth not show up under underworld trading like it should?

Why doesn't the GTN remember where I was, so when my companion comes back from the mission he was on and the GTN window closes, I don't have to filter everything and start browsing again?

Why doesn't the filter by name option that IS included not work at all?

Why does the filter by quality filter not actually filter by quality, and instead works as an "at least this quality" filter, which isn't really a filter at all. If i'm searching for greens i'm not interested in blues.

Why can't the sell window list all the listings for the current item i'm putting up, rather than give my a list of everything I have up for selling, which should be on its own separate tab?

Yeah I think thats a good start for things that need addressing on the GTN.