Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction needs changing. Badly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Auction needs changing. Badly.

Moridix
12.24.2011 , 08:40 AM | #21
/signed its a pain in the ***!
No Guts No Glory

Ambonizuka
12.24.2011 , 08:43 AM | #22
I do agree where it's not convienent that you have to go through the categories everytime~ I don't mind only having the buyout options though, since i don't think much people will just stare at GTN and place their bids. Anyone I still feel the need of improving the AH =).

Silvafox
12.24.2011 , 08:45 AM | #23
Originally Posted by Silvafox
I am finding when my listings expire I get a mail message in my inbox telling me that it has expired and my item and deposit are being returned.

The deposit is attached BUT my item is NOT returned/attached !!

This is a major problem obviously. I cannot afford to post items for sale and have them VAPORIZED if they fail to sell.

Quote: Originally Posted by Forkrul View Post
Never had that issue myself, I always get the item back as a part of that mail.

But they REALLY need to make the GTN more user friendly. What we have now is a train wreck.

I had three such expired listings this AM. I hoped perhaps if I took the deposit out it would throw the item into my inventory or something, but it didn't (inventory was empty except for a few medpacks). After trying that twice I left the third one just as I received it and submitted a ticket to investigate.

I'm not upset, hiccups in a new MMO are expected, but obviously I will not be using the trade network under these circumstances. It is *broken*.
Great Warrior? Wahaha! Wars not make one great.

Auskoris
12.24.2011 , 08:46 AM | #24
Agreed.

Make things searchable PLEASE! It helps both sellers and buyers. If I know I'm buying 'Alien Blood' just let me search for it instead of looking at the other Biomed ingredients. And if I'm trying to sell 'Alien Blood' I'd like to know the going rate quickly so I can get my auction up.

And PLEASE make another filter (yes) for armor slots.. If I'm looking for an upgrade to my gloves only why would I want to plod through pages and pages of helmets, pants, bracers, and chestpieces??? Let me see all of one type of slot so I can compare stats, prices, etc. Of all the filters to leave out this one makes no sense.
Hadean Sith Assassin Davik's Estate
[█▓|X|X|X|█{}█╣ F E A R T H E C L E A R L I G H T S A B E R )

Auskoris
12.24.2011 , 08:49 AM | #25
Oh and I forgot that the email/letter you get telling you you sold an item should TELL YOU WHAT YOU SOLD! If you don't remember specifically what prices you set for multiple auctions then you don't have a clue which items you sold (and thus don't know you might have to 're-stock' that item) as it currently just says "Your auction was succesful, here's X credits."
Hadean Sith Assassin Davik's Estate
[█▓|X|X|X|█{}█╣ F E A R T H E C L E A R L I G H T S A B E R )

solojacen
12.24.2011 , 08:51 AM | #26
Agree with the OP. This is, by far, the worst part of the game for me so far.

This game deserves a decent AH.
Whatever Jacen has become, he was a hero once.

Sjampoo
12.24.2011 , 09:12 AM | #27
/signed

Why not look at what players really want by looking at the Mod-community in other MMO's? I would log much more gametime if there was an auctioneer(=WoW-mod)-like market system.

Just look at the amount of players around every auction house in every other MMO, and then tell me we don't need it in SWTOR.

Vandal_Heart
12.24.2011 , 10:11 AM | #28
/signed

My optimistic wait-and-see approach to the issues with the game kind of fall apart when it comes to the GTN. Can't understand how it got released in its current form.

Nirosu
12.24.2011 , 10:28 AM | #29
/signed
The game economy will be crappy if the GTN interface doesnt get improved. And i seriously hope they are not regional if they are that needs to be fixed in the first major patch which i expect to be within 3 weeks.
As odd as it might seem the GTN interface and a game economy that isn't terrible is a deal breaker for me and I won't be subbing if it is not fixed.

Imbalaya
12.24.2011 , 10:48 AM | #30
/signed

It's current state is horrible.