Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction needs changing. Badly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Auction needs changing. Badly.

Frohtastic
12.24.2011 , 04:59 AM | #11
only problem i have for the auction house is that its impossible to sell fabrics.
cant even be searched.

MetalGenocide
12.24.2011 , 05:28 AM | #12
For the most part, I'm ok with it.

There area few minor tweeks I would like, much like those in WoW,
such as filling in the name straight away or shift-clicking the name into the box,
an option to search for specific armor slot pieces (Head, chest, legs) instead of going through everything.
Perhaps a minor edit to how you view it, so clicking rarity would show highest > lowest level moddable first, then once they are listed, highest > Lowest purple and so forth.

Overall, it isn't bad, and I like the fact that you get a mail saying you are going to get more mail XD and besides, it could be a hell of a lot worse (like use real money)
Using 'Go-fast' stickers on my Lightsaber's increased my Alacrity Rating by point oh-oh-oh-oh eight percent!

Mungo
12.24.2011 , 06:50 AM | #13
I love this system I like it and can work it fine. I also like the fact its not an auction house.

You see the price you like the price you buy it simple. Auction Houses are a pain in the backside and need to be left out of the game. This MMO has the ability to have a really market involved not some rip off from WOW.

If you want AH's in your game go back to WoW.
Quote:
"A man must always have the final choice in life and in death.
Anything else can be taken from him, but never that. "
Ghenghis Khan

somejerk
12.24.2011 , 06:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I love this system I like it and can work it fine. I also like the fact its not an auction house.

You see the price you like the price you buy it simple. Auction Houses are a pain in the backside and need to be left out of the game. This MMO has the ability to have a really market involved not some rip off from WOW.

Love how "go back to WoW" is everyone's argument to when a large part of the community wants something to be changed for the better. It has a better auction house and also the GTN is an AH. Deal with it

Nyysjan
12.24.2011 , 07:16 AM | #15
I sell things, mostly patterns and missions i get from slicing.
Usually they sell.
But haven't botered even browsing as the interface is too clunky, hapily i make my own mods (cybertech) and use commendations to buy gear so i don't need GTN anyway.
Also have an alt with 2 companions doing constant underworld trading mission for metals which kinda burns through money ast, but it does make me self sufficient (will level him after i hit 50 and get some semi decent gear set up for myself and my companions).
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

Luckmann
12.24.2011 , 07:22 AM | #16
The current auction house structure is borked beyond repair. It really needs to be completely revamped. How they managed to make it worse than vanilla WoW's, I'll never know. And economy is an integral part of an MMO - and it could be improved so much with so little, that I have to ask myself what the hell they were thinking.

Also, is there any solid reasoning why the auction houses aren't cross-faction? Intergalactic Commerce picks sides, now?
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

Silvafox
12.24.2011 , 08:20 AM | #17
I am finding when my listings expire I get a mail message in my inbox telling me that it has expired and my item and deposit are being returned.

My deposit is included in the mail, BUT my item is NOT returned/attached !!

This is a major problem obviously. I cannot afford to post items for sale and have them VAPORIZED if they fail to sell.
Great Warrior? Wahaha! Wars not make one great.

Forkrul
12.24.2011 , 08:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Silvafox View Post
I am finding when my listings expire I get a mail message in my inbox telling me that it has expired and my item and deposit are being returned.

BUT my item is NOT returned !!

This is a major problem obviously. I cannot afford to post items for sale and have them vaporized if they fail to sell.
Never had that issue myself, I always get the item back as a part of that mail.

But they REALLY need to make the GTN more user friendly. What we have now is a train wreck.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow

DustomaticGXC
12.24.2011 , 08:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MetalGenocide View Post
For the most part, I'm ok with it.

There area few minor tweeks I would like, much like those in WoW,
such as filling in the name straight away or shift-clicking the name into the box,
an option to search for specific armor slot pieces (Head, chest, legs) instead of going through everything.
Perhaps a minor edit to how you view it, so clicking rarity would show highest > lowest level moddable first, then once they are listed, highest > Lowest purple and so forth.

Overall, it isn't bad, and I like the fact that you get a mail saying you are going to get more mail XD and besides, it could be a hell of a lot worse (like use real money)
So you're "ok with it" "for the most part" but you'd make all the changes we're asking for plus a couple of your own?
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

DustomaticGXC
12.24.2011 , 08:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mungo View Post

Have you ever seen WoWs AH? It pretty great. ToR took quite a few things straight from WoW (which is what many successful games do; they borrow things that work from other games) , why not the AH functionality?
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.