Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Auction needs changing. Badly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Auction needs changing. Badly.

Sathm
12.30.2011 , 02:19 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoltin View Post
Hahaha, just wait until you find out its regenal also. Cant find mass items until you go back to where everyone is selling, to the main fleet. Other planets dont have as much
ha I have seen this in game. The trade network on nar shaddaa is called the Hutt Cartel Trade Network and has alot less then the Trade Network in the fleet.

Drakked
12.30.2011 , 02:29 PM | #102
/signed

The AH is awful. Why would you want to make a market more difficult to sell in? With so many MMO's out there, how you managed to implement a system 5-10 years behind everyone else I can't fathom.

aivedoir
12.30.2011 , 02:36 PM | #103
Just don't implement item bidding.

Good for sellers, but as a buyer I loath it.

DarthValkari
01.26.2012 , 12:40 PM | #104
The Auction house has major issues with it

1) as everyone has said before the lack of a simple search feature and a long drawn out complicated drop down box is pissing everyone who uses this off.

2) Default settings do not exist, if i want to put in a 12 hour sale, the very next item is going to be defaulted back to 1 day, and there is no feature to remember prices, so if i put in an item for 2k credits the next item which is identical to the first, i have to re-enter the price.
Valkari - Bounty Hunter - Swiftsure
Daiquiri - Sith Inquisitor - Swiftsure

"Buy cheap slaves, get a rebellion...everyone knows this"

Eortotai
01.26.2012 , 12:51 PM | #105
Signed.

Mainly because of having to go through page after page of greens to find a good item just to have my companion come back and close the whole window.
Extirpation

Sith Sorcerer
Malgane

logankeepes
01.26.2012 , 01:06 PM | #106
i just want them to be universal across all planets, and i want each planet to have at least one kiosk. i hate having to travel to certain planets to sell items.

also, what would happen if it were cross-server? that way more stuff would be available, and more people would be buyers to items you're trying to sell.
i understand that this would make it overwhelming as to how much stuff is available, and how hard it would be to find what ou're looking for. but i'm sure there are ways they could combat this. putting in a search filter for example, as some have stated above.

another thing, why does it have to be in-house only? why can't a republic player sell an item to an imp and vice versa?
Zakiri - lvl 50 Sage DPS -- Zakera - lvl 50 Smuggler Healer
Zakbane - lvl 50 Vanguard Tank
The Harbinger

gabusan
01.26.2012 , 01:06 PM | #107
I spend a lot of my playing time with galactic network in mind, so I sure hope its functionality is improved. Currently, it is painful to use. Being able to search by armor slots would help a lot, and being able to filter type of gifts would also be huge for me.

Splaktar
01.26.2012 , 01:09 PM | #108
Majorly improvements are badly needed. It is painful and annoying to use in its current beta state.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

havok_bloodcraft
01.26.2012 , 01:22 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Erklimir View Post
/signed

Bioware please go look at WoW's AH and try to make it as easy to use as it is. Shift-click an item to search for it is a MUST.
ok first don't encourage plagiarism. not everything should be like the thing before.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I love this system I like it and can work it fine. I also like the fact its not an auction house.

You see the price you like the price you buy it simple. Auction Houses are a pain in the backside and need to be left out of the game. This MMO has the ability to have a really market involved not some rip off from WOW.

If you want AH's in your game go back to WoW.
seems like the first guy I qouted was asking to go back to wow.

Quote: Originally Posted by DustomaticGXC View Post
Have you ever seen WoWs AH? It pretty great. ToR took quite a few things straight from WoW (which is what many successful games do; they borrow things that work from other games) , why not the AH functionality?
Seriously plagiarism is wrong quit stealing from others and quit telling people to do so.
and seriously this person is asking to be told to go back to wow, wow is awesome statements are asking for it.

Chuck_Diesel
01.26.2012 , 01:56 PM | #110
/signed

The lack of usability in the auction house is easily the largest contributing factor in the frustration surrounding crew skills. If people cannot buy & sell materials and crafted items effectively, crew skills will continue to be underwhelming.

"Just wait for the economy to get off the ground." How many times have you seen that statement in these forums? If nobody can/wants to use the GTN, the in-game economy will NEVER get off the ground.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Twin Spears | Peacekeeper | International